Koodo IPhone 7 256gb

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2017 5:32 am
[OP]
Dec 27, 2011
45 posts
8 upvotes

Koodo IPhone 7 256gb

Hi there, I recently switched to Koodo and first I didn't want a new phone. But I am getting frustrated with my 16 GB storage so only reason I would upgrade is to get a phone with either 128 or 256 gb.

Today I have seen that there has been some deals on iPhone 6s and 7 and Koodo currently has the iPhone 7 256GB for 450 upfront plus 360 medium tab. (Same cost for the 128 gb)That phone would cost me $810. On the apple website the phone cost me $1159.

Should I get the phone now or wait until the next event? I don't want the newest phone I just want the extra storage at reasonable cost.
Thread Summary
Comparing pricing between Koodo tab vs. Apple store for iPhone 7 and 6s with more storage
21 replies
Deal Addict
May 8, 2009
1159 posts
281 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
HolidayShopping wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 9:59 pm
Should I get the phone now or wait until the next event? I don't want the newest phone I just want the extra storage at reasonable cost.
Depends on how urgent is your need for more storage. If you can hold off, I'd say wait until Black Friday. I can't imagine deals being worse on Black Friday (although it is possible). Also no guarantees that the 6s will still be around (although likely will be).

If you're in a rush, then pull the trigger. Otherwise, wait until Black Friday and you're good to go.
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24410 posts
2448 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
hvwozq wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 3:41 am
Ridiculous advice.

Wait for a month and all iPhone models will drop in price because of the new one.
It's not bad advice. @Titaniumtux gave some sound advice. Buy now if you need it. Koodo already has a discount in place vs the Apple Store. Traditionally, when a new phone is release, Apple drops the price of the older models by $100
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3637 posts
1506 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 8:35 am
It's not bad advice. @Titaniumtux gave some sound advice. Buy now if you need it. Koodo already has a discount in place vs the Apple Store. Traditionally, when a new phone is release, Apple drops the price of the older models by $100
Yeah buy an iPhone one month before the new one is released. :facepalm: Apple will discontinue some models and drop the prices of some. Then Koodo will try to get rid of stock faster by giving even more discounts.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2011
45 posts
8 upvotes
Well I guess I just keep an eye out and wait and see if there is any more discounts next months when the new ones come out. It just seemed to be a good deal already getting the 256gb for the same price as the 128gb. I guess you never know how expensive the new models will be and how much they drop the old models. Winking Face
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10134 posts
3555 upvotes
The iPhone 8 is supposed to be a major redesign. It's going to make the older models a lot less desirable. I agree with the others and think you should wait a month for the iPhone 8 to come out before buying something. There will probably be back to school promotions also.
I am a Koodo customer, a Zoomer customer, and a Public Mobile customer.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24410 posts
2448 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
hvwozq wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 1:47 pm
Yeah buy an iPhone one month before the new one is released. :facepalm: Apple will discontinue some models and drop the prices of some. Then Koodo will try to get rid of stock faster by giving even more discounts.
He doesn't want a new model. Prices usually drop $100 and I doubt Koodo will drop it any further. They are already taking a hit on the phone now. Maybe they will, but if you need a phone today, buy it today. There is no rush to get rid of the iPhone 7. They are still selling the 6
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3637 posts
1506 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 10:23 am
He doesn't want a new model. Prices usually drop $100 and I doubt Koodo will drop it any further. They are already taking a hit on the phone now. Maybe they will, but if you need a phone today, buy it today. There is no rush to get rid of the iPhone 7. They are still selling the 6
That iPhone 6 is the most recent iPhone. It was released last month.
Dec 7, 2014
23 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Hey,

I'm in the exact boat. The 7 is 385$ off and I have a positive tab balance of $150 for a total of 535$ off. Pretty good deal.

Despite what everyone else is saying here on the forum, I believe that you will not find $385 discount after the iPhone 8 comes out. I remember when I had my iPhone 4 and was waiting for the 6 to come out, a few weeks before the release of the 6's release koodo had a big sale on the 5s. I didn't take it since I knew when the 6 comes out it will be cheaper. I was wrong. My guess is koodo is clearing out iphone7 before the release of the 8 and before the end of Aug to boost sales, and especially on the high capacity models like 256gb that have less demand. I am fairly confident you won't find the same discount in a few weeks.

I've been watching iPhone 7 deals for a while and this is the best all year.
Nov 10, 2013
775 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Why can't you buy a used $100 iPhone 5 for a month, and then buy whatever you need when iPhone 8 comes out and sell your iPhone 5 for $10 loss?

Buying a brand new iPhone (unless it's a huge discount) 1 month before the release is just >.<
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24410 posts
2448 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Varian wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 7:03 am
Why can't you buy a used $100 iPhone 5 for a month, and then buy whatever you need when iPhone 8 comes out and sell your iPhone 5 for $10 loss?

Buying a brand new iPhone (unless it's a huge discount) 1 month before the release is just >.<
It is a huge discount and I agree with @jjef21, there may not be a discount after the iPhone 8 is released. Apple does not discount to anyone, and Koodo is alredy taking a hit, I doubt they will take a bigger hit later

If you need it now, buy it now. If you can wait, then roll the dice.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2011
45 posts
8 upvotes
jjef21 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 3:20 am
Hey,

I'm in the exact boat. The 7 is 385$ off and I have a positive tab balance of $150 for a total of 535$ off. Pretty good deal.

Despite what everyone else is saying here on the forum, I believe that you will not find $385 discount after the iPhone 8 comes out. I remember when I had my iPhone 4 and was waiting for the 6 to come out, a few weeks before the release of the 6's release koodo had a big sale on the 5s. I didn't take it since I knew when the 6 comes out it will be cheaper. I was wrong. My guess is koodo is clearing out iphone7 before the release of the 8 and before the end of Aug to boost sales, and especially on the high capacity models like 256gb that have less demand. I am fairly confident you won't find the same discount in a few weeks.

Thank you for your post. I have been thinking all weekend back and forth but I think I am going to do it today and get the iPhone 7 with 256 GB
Deal Addict
May 8, 2009
1159 posts
281 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Gee wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 8:35 am
Thank you @Gee.
jjef21 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 3:20 am
Hey,

It's not a bad deal. Especially given that Koodo is already giving free unlocks.
HolidayShopping wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 8:34 am
Thank you for your post. I have been thinking all weekend back and forth but I think I am going to do it today and get the iPhone 7 with 256 GB
Let us know how it goes.
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming