Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
London Drugs

Koodo iPhone 7 32GB $0 on Tab Medium!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2018 5:02 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
bkushner wrote: So, koodo blacklisted my iPhone 7 for fraud. Not sure what the fraud was. They haven't charged me for the phone yet but they cancelled my account. Not sure Phoning them will help.
Did you find out why Koodo accused you for fraud?
Did Koodo phone you about it?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
sold one of the two iphones 7 i bought for $610 and due to mistakes on my part (canceling one of the koodo plans late, apparently after 15 days, first month is charged at full), the final cost of the iphone 7 i am currently using is:

$390 (second koodo bill I received) + $490 (first koodo bill I received) + $11 (sim) + $11 (sim) - $610 = $293

and based on the "fraud / disabled iphone" comment above, I now firmly believe that "porting out" is the correct way to cancel! I just should have done it sooner so that I could have avoided paying some of the monthly charges in addition to the $360/phone tab.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
sold the other for 350. cases and screen protector cost me around 40.

so i basically used an iphone 7 for free for 6 months (350 (second phone) + 610 (first phone) - $389.85 (second koodo bill I received) - $490.93 (first koodo bill I received) - $11.3 (sim) - $11.3 (sim) - 40 (3 cases + 2 screen protectors) - 20.99 (kijiji ad fee) = a net loss of -$4.37 before considering credit card cashbacks).

not too shabby but DEFINITELY not worth the effort (getting the phone at London Drugs, selling the phone, porting out my numbers, basically all of the driving, work and hassle involved!)

But I did gain some valuable experiences:
  • iphone 7 is crap. it's too small, even typing is difficult, not mentioning gaming. 5.5 inch (like iphone 8 plus) is my minimum screen size from now on.
  • phones depreciate like crazy, even iphones!
  • instead of selling the second iphone for 350 i could have gotten 345 of itune credit for it (mail it in, receive email, then contact apple with the code in the email to convert the credit into itunes) . maybe next time I will do that (when the going price of my device is roughly the same as the trade-in value) because dealing with people on kijiji can be a headache sometimes.
Bitcoin will crash hard.