Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Koodo iPhone SE 16GB $0 down, $360 tab, $100 GC

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2017 11:21 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
oIIIIIo wrote: There were some deals like that on the 5s, but I'm calling BS on finding regular deals like that on an SE unless you can provide some real examples that don't involve some super shady, extremely YMMV scams.
Agree. 5S = yes, SE = no, at least not now. May be next boxing week.
I got a 5s at WOW during boxing week for $10 + tax ($360 tab - $100 trade-in credit - $250 GC). It is a good backup phone for $22.

I am wondering how much WOW will give me for a sealed-in-box iPhone 5S as trade-in to upgrade it to iPhone SE.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Nov 9, 2006
475 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal
embguy wrote: Agree. 5S = yes, SE = no, at least not now. May be next boxing week.
I got a 5s at WOW during boxing week for $10 + tax ($360 tab - $100 trade-in credit - $250 GC). It is a good backup phone for $22.

I am wondering how much WOW will give me for a sealed-in-box iPhone 5S as trade-in to upgrade it to iPhone SE.

The SE on Black Friday was the best. 310$ - 100$ trade- 150$ GC - 50$ referral.

The phone was suppose to be 360 but scanned at 310$. I got a brand new iPhone for 10$
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
browna wrote: Thinking of it as secondary or backup phone, using the Fido 3gb data deal. And with that, also as a mobile hot spot for iPads etc in the car for the kid.
There are tons of cheaper options if that's all you want. Be easy to find an unlocked android that can do all that for less than $50. Less than $20 at a garage sale, and even free on freecycle. Because even an old android 2.2 phone I have from 7 years ago can do that.
browna wrote:
No cost to unlock since am a Telus customer.
You meant to say it will work for you locked, not that there is no cost to unlock.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
browna wrote: No cost to unlock since am a Telus customer.
Gift card value equals that of the 3 month plan so that's a wash if I take the card and service or payoff tab. So the $360 I quoted, holds.
As mentioned by the poster above, would really like to see examples of a sub $150 outright brand new IPhone SE in Canada, 2 or 3 times in the next few months.
What are the requirements to get the phone unlocked for free vs $50?

Also is seasonal hold for $15/month still around?

I just closed my koodo account after getting the se deal on BF for $1xx.xx. Seasonal hold the day after purchase. Paid off tab after first bill Recieved I unlocked for $50. Great phone for the wife after her 5 was starting to slow down.

This has been the best pricing iirc since BF.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
beachlover wrote: There are tons of cheaper options if that's all you want. Be easy to find an unlocked android that can do all that for less than $50. Less than $20 at a garage sale, and even free on freecycle. Because even an old android 2.2 phone I have from 7 years ago can do that.

You meant to say it will work for you locked, not that there is no cost to unlock.
Ah. That's what they meant. ;)
Feb 19, 2017
541 posts
396 upvotes
This isn't quite as good as the Fido deal from last month ($231 after tax), but still solid. And with Koodo the minimum plan has more minutes and data so you get more for the slight extra cost.

FYI the IPhone SE is basically the guts of the IPhone 6S (with a few exceptions - read the compare models page on Apple's site) shrunk into a Iphone 5S form factor. For the $235 I spent after-tax, I think it's a steal. I get very solid hardware and - most important to me - regular software updates. I'm hoping to get 3-4 years out of this phone before Apple stops providing software updates for it.

Re: the 16GB, things may be tight if you use a lot of apps or take a lot of pictures or videos. But that doesn't describe me, so I think I should be fine. So far I've downloaded HERE Maps and my province's map pack for offline GPS, and Spotify. My available storage sits at 8.77GB. Used is at 3.19GB, and I presume the OS takes the remainder at just over 4GB.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Aggy wrote: What are the requirements to get the phone unlocked for free vs $50?
I'm not aware of any way to get it unlocked for free. Unless you're a long time customer and manage to sweet talk them, which would be VERY ymmv.
Nov 13, 2005
414 posts
432 upvotes
Calgary
ToniCipriani wrote: And very well it might be. Rumours have been circulating that additional capacities are coming on the SE line.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.

Tag line is so true. +1

This time machine thing keeps coming up as well. No need to comment on it or rag on it, just a note prices can be better and the company/seller can afford to make more of a loss in profit and no it isn't below cost! There is a reason why there is MSRP and constant sales and promos to push product off the shelves before new refresh cycles.
Apr 29, 2010
11 posts
13 upvotes
Montreal
Where do you see the 100$ GC offer? I don't see it on the Mobile Shop website nor on the Koodo (or Walmart) sites either....
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
radracer wrote: Where do you see the 100$ GC offer? I don't see it on the Mobile Shop website nor on the Koodo (or Walmart) sites either....
When you click on the "all offers" button for the iPhone SE on the Mobile Shop website linked in the OP, it shows "Up to 100,000 pts" for Koodo. In Ontario, at least. Actually, just checked QC and it has it there too.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
873 upvotes
canada
Naveedx wrote: You do know that the SE and 5S are different phones, right? The SE has never had a high enough GC included to make the value anywhere near that price.
I still wouldn't pay anywhere around $350 all-in for this since I'm cheap af, but its WAY better than paying $679.99+TX at the Apple Store.

ALSO since it's practically a tiny iPhone 6s, this deal isn't bad at all.
Yah I'm very well informed what a 5s is and a SE is. I've bought 4 last year.. 2 separate times.

The SE has had high enough gift cards to get them for $90.xx .. YOU just didn't get them.

Use the search button and scavenge thru all last years deals. In 1 OP post he clearly stated min $90-$130.xx.

Get on rfd more .
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
873 upvotes
canada
oIIIIIo wrote: There were some deals like that on the 5s, but I'm calling BS on finding regular deals like that on an SE unless you can provide some real examples that don't involve some super shady, extremely YMMV scams.
Use the search function and find it for urself. Misbelivers overpay. Your mileage didn't vary during actual previous promos it was $90-$130. For everyone.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
873 upvotes
canada
cfedu wrote: The SE on Black Friday was the best. 310$ - 100$ trade- 150$ GC - 50$ referral.

The phone was suppose to be 360 but scanned at 310$. I got a brand new iPhone for 10$
My SE's scanned in at $240. The price had dropped on the Sunday of the Black Friday promo actually. A whopping $70.

For the skeptics .. $240-150 Gift card = $90 LOLOLOL.
Feb 19, 2017
541 posts
396 upvotes
thesick wrote: My SE's scanned in at $240. The price had dropped on the Sunday of the Black Friday promo actually. A whopping $70.

For the skeptics .. $240-150 Gift card = $90 LOLOLOL.
Not everyone has another phone to trade in. Add in taxes and no trade in and that deal is actually slightly worse than the Fido deal.

But really, they're all in the same ballpark. Nothing to argue about, really. Considering you're normally looking at $360 + tax (or more) for this phone, all these deals are pretty solid.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1299 posts
1661 upvotes
Anyone cancel the phone less than 90 days and get charge back $100 GC?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
hvwozq wrote: Went to Walmart and WOW! mobile, they didn't have the $100 GC offer and didn't match The Mobile Shop.
The excuse, they use is that, they don't offer PC points.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
embguy wrote: The excuse, they use is that, they don't offer PC points.
I said $100 GC, they didn't even look it up, just said they don't match others. No PC points excuse.
Looks like only The Mobile Shop matches other sellers' offers, and in this case they have the best offer.
Last edited by hvwkzq on Mar 13th, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
873 upvotes
canada
BlackXstar wrote: Anyone cancel the phone less than 90 days and get charge back $100 GC?
Why don't u test it out, let us know when u have to pay them $100 after.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
hvwozq wrote: I said $100 GC, they didn't even look it up, just said they don't match others. No PC points excuse.
Looks like only The Mobile Shop matches other sellers' offers, and in this case they have the best offer.
When I called WOW yesterday, WOW checked WM and TMS website and said WM does not offer $100 GC and they do not offer PC points like TMS does.