• Sep 12th, 2019 12:24 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 1, 2017
80 posts
7 upvotes
Lyn2009 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 4:26 pm
Called Koodo - got $100 bill credit applied to my account so got the iPhone XR for $20 on Medium tab.

While at Walmart got a family member: IPhone 6s Plus for $0 on small tab and $275 gift cards on $25 talk and text plan. (Total monthly cost $25 + $10 = $35 per month.)

They also had the following available on small tab w/$25 monthly plan:

IPhone 6s $0 + $325 gc
iPhone 6s+ $0 + $275 gc
IPhone 7 $0 + $250 gc
IPhone 8 $120 + $250 gc
iPhone 8+ $ $240 + $125 gc
Which walmart location is this? I want to get the iphone 8 plus for 25/mo. can i get this as a new customeR?
Apr 23, 2008
268 posts
3 upvotes
What do you guys think will happen to XS tab pricing when the iPhone 11 comes out?
Jul 16, 2009
111 posts
15 upvotes
Fraser Valley, BC
Mastaice wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 9:53 pm
Which walmart location is this? I want to get the iphone 8 plus for 25/mo. can i get this as a new customeR?
Yes, new activation on the weekend in Abbotsford.
Koodo ULNW 10 GB $ 60
Telus Optik $40 - 6 Theme Pack/$10 Phone/$65 Internet 75
Jul 16, 2009
111 posts
15 upvotes
Fraser Valley, BC
NinjaSaves wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 5:07 pm
Out of curiosity, how did you ask for that?
I talked to Loyalty and said my sister got free XG with Virgin with 7gb for 65 per month and asked if they could do anything.
Koodo ULNW 10 GB $ 60
Telus Optik $40 - 6 Theme Pack/$10 Phone/$65 Internet 75
Oct 23, 2018
262 posts
137 upvotes
loopy1984 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 10:59 am
If you plan to stay with koodo, its a good deal. I've been using my XR for 2 weeks now and the phone is awesome...battery is sweet, lasts all day with ease
Not really, what if you lost your phone after a year or so or it got broken, you will still pay for the activation credits.
Jun 13, 2012
99 posts
125 upvotes
Calgary
I've been with Koodo for over 10 years now. I was looking at Telus EPP plans and they offer more GB for cheaper and better phones. Do I just ask for a call back from retentions to get an upfront credit for an iPhone XR purchase? My current tab balance is $240, but it was implemented before the change so I can just pay it off. The other way is if they can clear some of my tab before purchasing a new phone, anybody have luck with that before?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1905 posts
756 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
life359 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 2:33 pm
Why on earth is everyone downvoting every Koodo thread now?

You know, besides the obvious "I can't buy and cancel the next day" excuse.

It was too good to be true before. Why should any company not be allowed to recoup their loss of monthly recurring revenue if you back out of a deal that's designed to spread that cost over 24 months?
Because in an effort to shut down the flippers, they’ve made their policies much more hostile for their existing customers.

The whole idea of “the tab” was you have no contract. Now, it’s a contract with an early cancellation fee if you don’t stay for the full two years. The ECF is based on an inflated retail price for the phone. And worse yet, if you stay with the company but want/need to replace your phone before the end of the two years.. you’re still dinged with the ECF.

They could have done things differently, in a more customer friendly manner, while still stopping the flippers:
1. Provide the same deals on HUP as for new sign ups. The whole reason why existing customers had to go through this whole song and dance with a new line etc. is because Koodo doesn’t treat their existing customers as well as new ones.
2. Do not charge an ECF on HUP. The old policy was you could only pay off your tab (and hence get a new phone) after 3 months. Was that really the source of the problem?
3. Get rid of plan restrictions for tab eligibility. I need to change my plan to use tab large.. why?
This space for rent.
Feb 19, 2005
154 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
See the math before tax

1) Koodo retail $1,060 which works out to reduction of $44.17 (1060/24) per month. If you plan to stay the full 24 month term then $480
2) Apple store sells it for $799 (I.e. $261 cheaper).

I think with the new Koodo new conditions this is what we should be aware of before deciding on koodo vs competition.
Aug 17, 2017
119 posts
134 upvotes
realinvestor101 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 6:38 am
See the math before tax

1) Koodo retail $1,060 which works out to reduction of $44.17 (1060/24) per month. If you plan to stay the full 24 month term then $480
2) Apple store sells it for $799 (I.e. $261 cheaper).

I think with the new Koodo new conditions this is what we should be aware of before deciding on koodo vs competition.
I think the problem is that people don't want to spend that much money upfront, and rather split it over 24 months. Plus i think most people arent truly aware of the price the manufacturer/retailer sells the phone at. If you stay with Koodo for 24 months, its a decent deal.
Aug 26, 2018
17 posts
9 upvotes
It's in stores only but I have out of province plan so the store will force me to change my plan any idea on how can I get the phone and keep my plan
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2004 posts
1556 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TheImp wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 6:18 am
Because in an effort to shut down the flippers, they’ve made their policies much more hostile for their existing customers.

The whole idea of “the tab” was you have no contract. Now, it’s a contract with an early cancellation fee if you don’t stay for the full two years. The ECF is based on an inflated retail price for the phone. And worse yet, if you stay with the company but want/need to replace your phone before the end of the two years.. you’re still dinged with the ECF.

They could have done things differently, in a more customer friendly manner, while still stopping the flippers:
1. Provide the same deals on HUP as for new sign ups. The whole reason why existing customers had to go through this whole song and dance with a new line etc. is because Koodo doesn’t treat their existing customers as well as new ones.
2. Do not charge an ECF on HUP. The old policy was you could only pay off your tab (and hence get a new phone) after 3 months. Was that really the source of the problem?
3. Get rid of plan restrictions for tab eligibility. I need to change my plan to use tab large.. why?

Very well said, and I think the same way. The reason I am still ok with it is all my 4 line are $40/8gb deal, so it is unlikely something much better then this will come out from other providers in short term. I have 1 phone under the new policy as HUP, if it break or lost it, I can get replacement under differ line.
But I agree to shut down flipper, it impacts existing customer.

And for treating new customer better then existing, all company do the same, to ATTRACT new customer, so that's not new.
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Sep 1, 2009
188 posts
142 upvotes
gta
Apparently , XR prices on koodo website has changed back to normal. 820 $ buy out. Lol!