Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $25 promo YMMV ** Current customers with data add-ons**

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2020 8:36 am
Tags:
Sr. Member
Feb 28, 2012
633 posts
710 upvotes
PPU data..
$10/100MB = $100/GB
Use 5 MB and suddenly it's a $35 Talk & Text plan.
Member
User avatar
Jul 14, 2018
310 posts
361 upvotes
My current data addon that I got from a SMS promotion with Koodo specifically says that it gets removed if the base plan is changed. Change plans with caution.
Member
User avatar
Jun 3, 2013
442 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
pjw918 wrote: PPU data..
$10/100MB = $100/GB
Use 5 MB and suddenly it's a $35 Talk & Text plan.
If you don’t have a data add on; then yes.

Data add ons are used first. When I had 16gb (10 add on + 6 plan), the 10gb would always be used first when tracking data usage, then the 6.
Member
User avatar
Jun 3, 2013
442 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
NinjaSaves wrote: My current data addon that I got from a SMS promotion with Koodo specifically says that it gets removed if the base plan is changed. Change plans with caution.
Which add on do you have? I'm checking back my literature, and it doesn't say anything like that, though the initial text said "Promo is available only on select rate plans". This was August? 2019.

Here's the one I signed up for: Image

Nothing about removal on my self serve:
Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 2.03.14 PM.png
Last edited by Seagull21 on Mar 21st, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Newbie
Aug 22, 2017
35 posts
99 upvotes
only horrible thing about this plan is that you can't add a tab to it.
Sr. Member
Feb 28, 2012
633 posts
710 upvotes
Seagull21 wrote: Data add ons are used first. When I had 16gb (10 add on + 6 plan), the 10gb would always be used first when tracking data usage, then the 6.
Not the point. If a person signed up for a talk and text plan, expecting just that, they'd be rudely surprised on their first bill.
Unless the data is blocked by default, but I highly doubt that.
And there are no data addons available to the public.
Member
User avatar
Jul 14, 2018
310 posts
361 upvotes
Seagull21 wrote: Which add on do you have? I'm checking back my literature, and it doesn't say anything like that, though the initial text said "Promo is available only on select rate plans".
My addon is the $5/5gb from the December 2019 round of SMS promos. They have made sure to mention several times the fact the addon will drop off the moment you change plans. I'll attach some screenshots
Images
  • fI26hraOux-508331602.png
  • Screenshot_20200321-135218_Messages.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5520 posts
1342 upvotes
Mississauga
NinjaSaves wrote: My current data addon that I got from a SMS promotion with Koodo specifically says that it gets removed if the base plan is changed. Change plans with caution.
you are correct in terms of the latter batch of ppl who got the addon.... the early ppl with the addon didn't have this stipulation...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 12, 2005
9071 posts
1397 upvotes
Victoria
RajjKhan wrote: only horrible thing about this plan is that you can't add a tab to it.
I thought you could do small tab?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 12, 2005
9071 posts
1397 upvotes
Victoria
NinjaSaves wrote: My addon is the $5/5gb from the December 2019 round of SMS promos. They have made sure to mention several times the fact the addon will drop off the moment you change plans. I'll attach some screenshots
That's probably in response to what a bunch of us did before that. You'd get texted the offer (in my case 10gb for $14/mo). If you qualified for the offer, you'd call in and get them to downgrade your account to the $25 account. Then text the code to get the 10gb added to it. Ergo paying $39 for 10gb month (unlimited calls and texts).

I think after that second round of that they tried to close the loophole. Given that warning probably isn't on earlier addons, maybe it only applies to people that took up offers after the RFD effect occurred?
Newbie
Aug 22, 2017
35 posts
99 upvotes
zod wrote: I thought you could do small tab?
No, small tab starts off with plans $35 or more.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 12, 2005
9071 posts
1397 upvotes
Victoria
RajjKhan wrote: No, small tab starts off with plans $35 or more.
damn, for some reason I thought the small tab applied because its a discount on the $35 plan. That's going to make upgrading challenging :(
Newbie
Nov 29, 2017
10 posts
After adding the $25 plan to cart only addon available to me is long distance.

I don’t see data addon??

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

bridonca