Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo $45 for 8 GB (Manitoba Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2018 3:11 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1359 posts
717 upvotes
Vancouver
ArchEnemy wrote: How do I get on the $40 6gb offer?
Offer not available anymore. You can try looking in Buy/Sell section and take over one.
Sep 7, 2003
162 posts
17 upvotes
Winnipeg
Is this deal still going and if so is there a url?
Jun 2, 2010
703 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
gewain wrote: Is this deal still going and if so is there a url?
Yes, on Koodo's website! Make sure to choose MB in the top-right corner:
Koodo Rate Plans
Now: TELUS Unlimited 120GB 5G+ (up to 2Gbps) x 2 = 240 GB shared data
Old: Rogers Infinite Premium 5G+ (up to 1Gbps) Canada+US 100 GB x 2 + 15 GB bonus = 215 GB shared
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
ninety5teg wrote: I got two lines with Koodo. One of them being on season hold. I tried to change the number (seasonal hold account) to a Quebec number and it only allows me select the cities in Ontario.
Choose "transfer your phone number" instead of "find a new number", and it'll take you to the old portal, where you can choose what province you want your number from.
RobbieL3164 wrote: I ordered this plan online without any problems, the SIM card got shipped today.
Locate in GTA, once the SIM card arrives I’ll port over my 416 number.
Note that others have done this in the past (with QC plans), and when the SIM card arrived and they activated it, it was actually given an ON number and plan. Just as a head's up to not count your chickens just yet...
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1951 posts
711 upvotes
Corgos wrote: Okay heres my guide because theres a lot of information spreadout. Thanks to another user on here we managed to find a way to do this pretty effortlessly and it should be the same throughout Canada. This guide is the accumulation of data I've picked up in the thread in the last few pages. *For reference, I do plan on travelling to and from MB for work and school and have a justified cause to using this plan. I just didnt want to give up my local number to do so figured this method would be the most streamlined way to do so*

1) Get a hold of a Bell sim card and activate it online as a prepaid MB number. Whether other sim cards/providers work I cannot verify). I used the $5 plan at first said I'd top up later. This doesnt really matter as were only using this to generate a MB number. I used a MB address as well of course while setting up the account.

2) Walked into a willing Koodo booth and asked to set up an MB based account and port over my MB number from Bell. He ran my local ID and set up an account first. Initially we thought that he wasn't able to see the MB plans but after porting over the MB number, it "unlocked" the valid MB plans and the $45 for 8GB was there. I do not think him seeing the plans were linked to my home address because he had to use my local address that matches my ID to do the credit check. Therefore it makes sense that seeing the plans is linked to the number being ported in. He had no issues with giving me this plan as I was already porting in an MB number and everything is kosher. Signed all the paperwork which indicated the $30 fee.

3) Got home and set up a Koodo Self-Serve account and noticed my billing address was my local one. Tried to change it to my MB address but it wouldnt allow me at this time. At this point I thought I had to wait until the next billing cycle to do the whole porting to my actual number but low and behold, going into track repair -> change number worked and within 15 mins I had my local number ported back.
So can anyone else confirm that this method works?
Jun 30, 2018
25 posts
7 upvotes
ArchEnemy wrote: How do I get on the $40 6gb offer?
Call in speak to loyalty, they were able to switch my $60/10GB to the $40/6GB no hassle. YMMV with a rep willing to do it.
May 29, 2006
691 posts
225 upvotes
So to avoid paying $30 to port over my Fido number in store .....I have to order a sim online that comes activated and then I log into my new koodo account and request a phone number change once I get it?

Just making sure I do it correctly and it doesn't seem worth $30 to walk into a store to get it done?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
nelly29 wrote: So to avoid paying $30 to port over my Fido number in store .....I have to order a sim online that comes activated and then I log into my new koodo account and request a phone number change once I get it?

Just making sure I do it correctly and it doesn't seem worth $30 to walk into a store to get it done?
Correct. The only reason to pay the $30 is if you don't want to risk the plan going away. But it's not listed as "limited time" so no idea if it's going anywhere.
May 29, 2006
691 posts
225 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Correct. The only reason to pay the $30 is if you don't want to risk the plan going away. But it's not listed as "limited time" so no idea if it's going anywhere.
Okay great.... When I add the Sim to my cart it asks which plan I want so I'm gonna guess the 8 gig plan is associated to the Sim they send out...
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3674 posts
2028 upvotes
nelly29 wrote: Okay great.... When I add the Sim to my cart it asks which plan I want so I'm gonna guess the 8 gig plan is associated to the Sim they send out...
wearysky wrote: Note that others have done this in the past (with QC plans), and when the SIM card arrived and they activated it, it was actually given an ON number and plan. Just as a head's up to not count your chickens just yet...
Mar 24, 2017
28 posts
14 upvotes
Desai123 wrote: Has anybody tried getting this plan $45/8gb? Cause last i remember koodo blocked the MB/SK loophole.
Anybody get this recently looking to get it.
I just got the plan and finished everything yesterday with an AB number.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3674 posts
2028 upvotes
SikSiFut wrote: I just got the plan and finished everything yesterday with an AB number.
Did you order online or go in store with a Bell prepaid number?
Mar 24, 2017
28 posts
14 upvotes
shutterbug wrote: Did you order online or go in store with a Bell prepaid number?
I went into best buy and they wouldn't give me a MB number so i just had to change it myself, pick new plan on new billing cycle, got a new prepaid koodo sim and ported old koodo number to prepaid and then to the new account with mb plan. if you are coming from other carriers i.e rogers, bell, etc... you dont' have to port to prepaid and can just port to the new mb plan account
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
SikSiFut wrote: I went into best buy and they wouldn't give me a MB number so i just had to change it myself, pick new plan on new billing cycle, got a new prepaid koodo sim and ported old koodo number to prepaid and then to the new account with mb plan. if you are coming from other carriers i.e rogers, bell, etc... you dont' have to port to prepaid and can just port to the new mb plan account
So you were able to change to an MB number in self service, and choose this plan from self service as well? The problem with MB plans in the past was you had to call in to get the good plans, they weren't available in the self service portal.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
wearysky wrote: So you were able to change to an MB number in self service, and choose this plan from self service as well? The problem with MB plans in the past was you had to call in to get the good plans, they weren't available in the self service portal.
I thought that there was restrictions on changing to a Manitoba plan as well. That was what made doing the QC thing the replacement option. Well at least it was that way last year when this OP was last edited.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthread ... -in-Canada
Last edited by will888 on Jul 4th, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Mar 24, 2017
28 posts
14 upvotes
wearysky wrote: So you were able to change to an MB number in self service, and choose this plan from self service as well? The problem with MB plans in the past was you had to call in to get the good plans, they weren't available in the self service portal.
sorry it's been a long day. complete brain fart. You are correct. I had to call in but it was weird as the only plans i could see were up to 500 mb for 45$ and other plans for pay-per-use or something like that and the next plan was 70$ for 10gb. (see previous posts). I had to call in and say that i didn't have an option of getting anything in between 500 mb and 10 gb. The rep asked me what amount of data I was looking for and I said around 8 gb. I forgot what she said exactly but something along the lines of I couldn't get that plan because my address wasn't updated to a Manitoba address. I just then asked nicely if she could just change the plan for me now and I will update my address later. I was put on hold for a few minutes so she could check what she could do and she came back and agreed to do it for me.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
will888 wrote: I thought that there was restrictions on changing the number to a Manitoba area code and changing to a Manitoba plan as well. That was what made doing the QC thing the replacement option.
Looking at the self serve portal, it seems like you can still pick an MB number (I didn't complete the process, but I see the option to get MB numbers). The big kicker really was changing to the plan in the self serve portal - because you can always get around the "changing number" issue by porting in a prepaid account, as mentioned in this thread.
Mar 24, 2017
28 posts
14 upvotes
will888 wrote: I thought that there was restrictions on changing to a Manitoba plan as well. That was what made doing the QC thing the replacement option. Well at least it was that way last year when this OP was last edited.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthread ... -in-Canada
Yes the QC plan is easier I did it 6 months ago and you can just change to the plan yourself. I thought it was just the same for MB but i found out it was not. I guess i got lucky that the rep changed it for me.
Nov 17, 2014
606 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have a couple of questions if someone can help.
I am in Ontario and ordered a sim and 45$ plan on med tab.
Once I get the sim
1- Do I need to activate the MB no. first and then port my ON no. ?
2- Can the porting be done online or do I have to call in?
Thanks