• Apr 21st, 2018 1:35 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2127 posts
772 upvotes
Mississauga
mdfaisal wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 4:51 pm
So is there a chance i call them and they give me the $44 SK plan? I have a SK number with ON address. Didn't realize what you guys were talking about closing the loophole until i tried it myself.
Give it a go, you may get a lenient rep. Also your chances are higher since you don'thave an ON number... "yet".
I love RFD! :)

Model 3 reservation holder
Sep 5, 2009
199 posts
18 upvotes
Worked. Rep asked what province is this. I quietly said saskatchewan and she said ok I see the number. That's it.
yo2boy wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 11:44 pm
Give it a go, you may get a lenient rep. Also your chances are higher since you don'thave an ON number... "yet".
Mar 29, 2010
20 posts
1 upvote
yo2boy wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 12:54 pm
Yeah I spoke to a rep and this is exactly what they said. After calling in (huge risk), they mentioned I had the Quebec plan with ON address but gave me the 2GB add-on anyway. Told me they weren't going to kick me off unless I tried to do a device upgrade.

I also ran into another really stupid issue where my port from Koodo Prepaid to Koodo postpaid was stuck in limbo somewhere. I called (844) 232-7678 and they fixed it within 10 minutes.

Phew!
I went to a Kiosk in Ontario and just got the $45 plan with 500MB and 500 minutes and unlimited messages. I switched to a Quebec number the first night. Just waiting till January 7th for new billing cycle to kick in before I can make a change to plan. From what you're saying I'm going to have to call in to have the bonus 2 Gig added? That sucks but worth the risk for the extra 2GB I guess. When you went from post paid Koodo to prepaid Koodo before porting your number over did you do that online or did you have to go to a Kiosk to switch to pre paid? Did you have to buy a pre paid SIM? Or did you just use your original SIM card.
Jun 18, 2015
168 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mdfaisal wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 10:27 am
Worked. Rep asked what province is this. I quietly said saskatchewan and she said ok I see the number. That's it.
why did you say it quietly?
Dec 5, 2012
35 posts
54 upvotes
TORONTO
Followed the steps from this discussion eventhough I am from ON. 2 weeks of wait time worth it for the price (plus "free" G6 on tab Medium). For new Koodo comer, if you want 2gb add on, call in before your port your ON in, there will be no question ask. I changed my plan yesterday to 49$ for 6gb and keep my QC address under my account. I called in today for 2Gb bonus. The csr added with no question ask. After that, I went and port my ON number. Just got a message 15 mins later telling me the porting process has been successful. AWESOME! If you need my assistance, let me know
Nov 7, 2017
95 posts
39 upvotes
Yesterday I did the same, practically. My main line had $60 10GB plan, when I opened a new line to get Lg G6 from WOW, I signed in with ON $55 plan +2Gb of bonus data for 24 month. The same day I changed the number of second line to QC number. Yesterday, I changed my plan to QC $54 plan, 7Gb of data + 2gb bonus data. Ported out main line and ported in ON number over second line. So now I have around $220 on tab small, $54 plan with 9gb of data and $10 bill credits(not confirmed yet) for 6 months.
Aug 15, 2013
658 posts
324 upvotes
Guelph
Clearly, am a bit slow to understand this. Why are people calling in to get a plan that is listed on the website? Can't you just order a sim+quebec plan online or pick up in store, go home and port ON number?

I also saw a post on getting 2 sim cards, prepaid and postpaid. Port ON number to Koodo prepaid then port it to Koodo Postpaid? Is that even possible? I mean Koodo to Koodo is not porting.
Dec 24, 2006
353 posts
101 upvotes
dundeal wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 11:55 am
Clearly, am a bit slow to understand this. Why are people calling in to get a plan that is listed on the website? Can't you just order a sim+quebec plan online or pick up in store, go home and port ON number?

I also saw a post on getting 2 sim cards, prepaid and postpaid. Port ON number to Koodo prepaid then port it to Koodo Postpaid? Is that even possible? I mean Koodo to Koodo is not porting.
Yes, it's possible. The reason for it as I understand is that going to/from prepaid is treated like porting to/from a different provider.

*EDIT FOR CLARITY* I meant the porting is possible, not about ordering a QC sim online
Last edited by brownbobcat on Jan 9th, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 7, 2017
95 posts
39 upvotes
brownbobcat wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:01 pm
Yes, it's possible. The reason for it as I understand is that going to/from prepaid is treated like porting to/from a different provider.
No you can't order sim with QC plan to be delivered to ON address. Even though your order will be placed, you will get an email saying your address is not QC address and they won't ship it to you. You have to get ON number change it to QC number wait till new bulling cycle to start and only after that you can choose QC plan you like and port in your main number

And koodo pre-paid and koodo post-paid are different providers. It is treated as different carrier
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1011 posts
124 upvotes
I tried to get this as an existing QC 6gb 49 customer with ON address. Called in, no luck. He said if I wanted the 2GB bonus I would have to switch to an ON plan, basically double the price - no thanks !
Mar 31, 2013
29 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
Currently I have a seasonal hold on my newly activated ON#. Can I change it to QC plan while on seasonal hold (using self serve) and port my real # after the first bill? Thanks!
Nov 7, 2017
95 posts
39 upvotes
It's always better to try. As I remember some people said seasonal hold works the same way.
Nov 10, 2016
121 posts
61 upvotes
Could someone please confirm this is the steps to get the QC $49 plan:
1. Go to a Koodo Kiosk and set up a local plan
2. Go home and immediately change the number to a QC #
3. Wait for the first billing cycle (usually a week or so) and change your plan to the QC $49 plan
4. Call in to get the 2G bonus
5. Port in your real # next day