35 posts
54 upvotes
TORONTO
skydeal wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:14 pm
Could someone please confirm this is the steps to get the QC $49 plan:
1. Go to a Koodo Kiosk and set up a local plan
2. Go home and immediately change the number to a QC #
3. Wait for the first billing cycle (usually a week or so) and change your plan to the QC $49 plan
4. Call in to get the 2G bonus
5. Port in your real # next day
I did not go this way but went one step extra. But the way you listed was from the original discussion from Howard Forum.

I am from Toronto, ON btw.

1. Went to Koodo booth/store, bought a prepaid sim card. Went home, set up prepaid sim card with QC address ---> I got a QC number
2. Went back to koodo booth/store, set up an account of your choice (whatever plan with whatever tab). Went home, set up selfserve get ready for the next step.
3. I ported my prepaid QC number to my ON postpaid account. Changed my billing address to QC address I set up in the first step.
4. Wait until your next billing cycle, you will be able to choose 49$ QC plan (BYOP, tab small and tab medium). If you are on tab Large, it will be 54$
5. Next day, call Koodo to add 2Gb bonus. You will get a confirmation of plan change right away.
6. Port your ON number in, wait for 15-20 mins for a message of successful. Went back to selfserve and change your address to match your billing address.
Nov 7, 2017
95 posts
39 upvotes
Why are you doing all those extra steps and even call support. To get 2 gb you can pick up eligible ON plan which is $55. You don't need QC adress to change to QC number, mentioning QC address you actually misrepresent the information about your identity. Saving few bucks but messing up with addresses, very "smart" I would say and paying extra for pre-paid sim
Dec 5, 2011
7 posts
7 upvotes
MARKHAM
Here is how I did it. I am from Toronto, Ontario.

1) Go to Koodo choose the $55 plan which gets you the 2GB promo
2) Change to QC # via self-serve
3) Change to $49 6GB plan (2GB promo will still be there because its an add-on)
4) Wait for next billing cycle and port your desired # via self-serve

No need to get prepaid sim unless you need to port out your koodo postpaid # out and no need to call support for 2GB bonus.
Aug 12, 2010
136 posts
24 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion
I already have the 49$ plan with 5+1GB. I got it about 2 months ago. How can I get this extra 2GB on my plan, if it is the same plan that I already have? I tried in self serve but it doesn't give me the option to select it since I already technically have it, but without the extra 2GB. Contracting them will cost $$. Help if you can...
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2127 posts
772 upvotes
Mississauga
phishbone wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:18 pm

No need to get prepaid sim unless you need to port out your koodo postpaid # out and no need to call support for 2GB bonus.
That's the smartest way I've seen to do it!
I love RFD! :)

Model 3 reservation holder
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2897 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
phishbone wrote:

This is the right way. For step 3, most people need to wait till the next billing cycle to change the plan.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Feb 24, 2012
68 posts
16 upvotes
TORONTO
phishbone wrote:

And how do you get step 2 done? If you provide an ON address, can you still change to a QC # through self-serve? Or providing a QC address is a must?
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
11719 posts
1664 upvotes
Markham
commando_j wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:20 pm
I already have the 49$ plan with 5+1GB. I got it about 2 months ago. How can I get this extra 2GB on my plan, if it is the same plan that I already have? I tried in self serve but it doesn't give me the option to select it since I already technically have it, but without the extra 2GB. Contracting them will cost $$. Help if you can...

Bonus data is available with new activations and renewals only on select in-market plans.
Either call and see they are willing to add for you
or do the whole process again
80TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 60TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
40TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
11TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Nov 12, 2015
966 posts
1183 upvotes
I was on seasonal hold, and had an alberta number, planning on keeping in seasonal hold till cancelling 90 days to keep the phone with cheaper tax, but couldn't pass on the QC plan. So switched number to QC, then chose the plan. But couldn't port nor get the 2 GB, so I was stuck with a QC 49$ plan on a number I don't want to use. Called in, the rep was super helpful, added the 2 GB, and ported my non QC number :). Staying with Koodo, and most probably next phone promo, will bring another line in.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Dec 6, 2010
349 posts
34 upvotes
bobitto wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 11:42 am
Yesterday I did the same, practically. My main line had $60 10GB plan, when I opened a new line to get Lg G6 from WOW, I signed in with ON $55 plan +2Gb of bonus data for 24 month. The same day I changed the number of second line to QC number. Yesterday, I changed my plan to QC $54 plan, 7Gb of data + 2gb bonus data. Ported out main line and ported in ON number over second line. So now I have around $220 on tab small, $54 plan with 9gb of data and $10 bill credits(not confirmed yet) for 6 months.
How long did you wait between porting out the main line and porting back in?

Thanks
Nov 7, 2017
95 posts
39 upvotes
gta_guy wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:58 pm
How long did you wait between porting out the main line and porting back in?

Thanks
About 1 hour, my post paid was not cancelled right aways after porting out, waited for email confirmation to port back in
Dec 6, 2010
349 posts
34 upvotes
bobitto wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 4:15 pm
About 1 hour, my post paid was not cancelled right aways after porting out, waited for email confirmation to port back in
Which carrier did you port it to? I am in a similar situation and would like to use the same steps

Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)