I did not go this way but went one step extra. But the way you listed was from the original discussion from Howard Forum.skydeal wrote: ↑Jan 9th, 2018 1:14 pmCould someone please confirm this is the steps to get the QC $49 plan:
1. Go to a Koodo Kiosk and set up a local plan
2. Go home and immediately change the number to a QC #
3. Wait for the first billing cycle (usually a week or so) and change your plan to the QC $49 plan
4. Call in to get the 2G bonus
5. Port in your real # next day
I am from Toronto, ON btw.
1. Went to Koodo booth/store, bought a prepaid sim card. Went home, set up prepaid sim card with QC address ---> I got a QC number
2. Went back to koodo booth/store, set up an account of your choice (whatever plan with whatever tab). Went home, set up selfserve get ready for the next step.
3. I ported my prepaid QC number to my ON postpaid account. Changed my billing address to QC address I set up in the first step.
4. Wait until your next billing cycle, you will be able to choose 49$ QC plan (BYOP, tab small and tab medium). If you are on tab Large, it will be 54$
5. Next day, call Koodo to add 2Gb bonus. You will get a confirmation of plan change right away.
6. Port your ON number in, wait for 15-20 mins for a message of successful. Went back to selfserve and change your address to match your billing address.