• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2018 9:30 pm
[OP]
Dec 10, 2017
625 posts
354 upvotes
bobitto wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 11:42 am
Yesterday I did the same, practically. My main line had $60 10GB plan, when I opened a new line to get Lg G6 from WOW, I signed in with ON $55 plan +2Gb of bonus data for 24 month. The same day I changed the number of second line to QC number. Yesterday, I changed my plan to QC $54 plan, 7Gb of data + 2gb bonus data. Ported out main line and ported in ON number over second line. So now I have around $220 on tab small, $54 plan with 9gb of data and $10 bill credits(not confirmed yet) for 6 months.
I tried to do the exact same thing on my 2nd line and I was unsuccessful, then I called in to request Quebec number n got denied. They were perfectly ok with me canceling the 2nd line and paying of tab.

And I was perfectly ok with keeping the phone.
(No need to feel guilty for canceling-I know it’s a big issue for some people)

Can you please tell exactly what you did online to request Quebec number for 2nd line ? How long did you have the first line with them?
Nov 7, 2017
225 posts
144 upvotes
It was written 1000 times how to change number to QC using old page. I did the same thing second time without issues, or almost without issues.
Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
153 upvotes
Mississauga
Steps for existing customers? I'm still at $55/8GB. Would like to pocket the extra $6.

And yes, I'm in "QC" ;)
Nov 7, 2017
225 posts
144 upvotes
Easier way. Steps: open browser, search through RFD

Much harder way. Steps: switch on your brain, use calculator to analyze loss and gains, proceed with second line, etc. or give up.
Mar 29, 2010
20 posts
1 upvote
Hi, this what I've done so far.

1. WOW Mobile booth in Ontario and set up new account. Picked a cheaper plan (500MB, 500 mins) [2GB add on for 24 months isnt available for that plan. I thought I could just add it when I picked new Quebec plan, this was one mistake I made, see below at step 6]
2. Went home and set up self serve. Requested to manage phone number under Mobile services tab (opens up old portal). Can then choose Province of Quebec, with Quebec area code and phone number. New phone number was affective almost immediately.
3. Tried to switch plans right away but self serve would not let me. Had to wait for next billing cycle (I'm my case it was 7 days later).
4. Start of new billing cycle I went to self serve and chose Quebec plan (49$ for 5+1 GB). Noticed that extra 2 GB was not an option for add on since I was technically not a new customer or renewing (getting a device with tab).
5. Went to Facebook to contact Koodo rep to try and have them add the extra 2 GB since My account was only 7 days old. No luck.
6. Called customer service line. Said I would like to cancel my new line. They askwd why I was cancelling. I said all Id like was the extra 2 GB fir 24 months that is being offered. I was immediately put on hold so service rep could talk to their boss about my situation. Came back 1 minute later and said sure we'll add it not a problem. No mention of Quebec or Ontario or my address etc. I was going to cancel and start over and fix my mistake from step 1 where I should have chosen a plan that the extra 2GB for 24 months was eligible for. (If you are choosing an Ontario plan choose one that includes the extra 2GB for 24 months as I believe it will get carried over to you Quebec plan).

This is where I am in the process now. I am a current Koodo customer with Ontario number. I now have to switch to pre paid account and them port number over to replace my Quebec number.

Can anyone tell me the process for switching to post paid? Can I do that from Self serve? Do I need a new SIM? Etc.
Nov 7, 2017
225 posts
144 upvotes
So the guy from QC could just call them and get 2gb over the phone.

Porting in is done thru the same old page, you scroll down and proceed with option 3, if you don't have phone from koodo , just fill acc# from prepaid and prepaid pin. I'm using the sim I got from wow since all changes were done there.
You need prepaid sim which is around 20cad
Mar 29, 2010
20 posts
1 upvote
commando_j wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:20 pm
I already have the 49$ plan with 5+1GB. I got it about 2 months ago. How can I get this extra 2GB on my plan, if it is the same plan that I already have? I tried in self serve but it doesn't give me the option to select it since I already technically have it, but without the extra 2GB. Contracting them will cost $$. Help if you can...
Just call in and say the words "cancel account". They will ask why. Tell them all you want is the extra 2GB of data for 24 months. Just worked for me.
Jun 1, 2016
552 posts
378 upvotes
New and renewals only? Easy, pick a $0 phone (probably a medium tab one - no credit bullshit) and return in the next day. You get to keep the bonus 2gb.

Want more data? Easy, buy an SPC Card and tell em you want the SPC promo, another free 1gb for 1 year (do it again next year).

What does this get you? 9gb for $49.

REALLY want 10gb? Call in and ask what they can do for addons, probably get another 1gb for $1 - $5 depending on how old a customer you are.

Thank me later
Having trouble setting up the Koodo $49 6gb plan yourself? DON'T PAY THE KIJIJI GUYS, I'll help you for FREE
[OP]
Dec 10, 2017
625 posts
354 upvotes
Here’s an update

Just signed up on the $55 1gb + 2gb $10 off for 12month plan here in Toronto at Koodo store, with mom on a new email address with her info.

Went home finished setting up her account and using the portal I was able to change to Quebec number easily. I have to wait till the 15th to change plan.

( the reason I had problem earlier might be cause I was adding a 2nd line to existing Quebec plan, which btw I had no problem setting up couple of months ago)

Mom gets iPhone 7 for $380 (I gave her $200 cash and took the $200 B.B. GC) and hopefully a nice plan to go along with it. Thumbs Up Sign
Dec 15, 2017
30 posts
7 upvotes
I started this whole process today. Went to a kiosk and signed up for a monthly plan. I made the mistake of not getting a plan with data, so that will have to change hopefully when I call. I was able to change my number to a Quebec number through the self serve portal online. Now I am waiting to switch plans (can't do so until the 15th). Fingers crossed this promo is still on come Monday!!!
Mar 29, 2010
20 posts
1 upvote
jdown077 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 10:39 pm
I started this whole process today. Went to a kiosk and signed up for a monthly plan. I made the mistake of not getting a plan with data, so that will have to change hopefully when I call. I was able to change my number to a Quebec number through the self serve portal online. Now I am waiting to switch plans (can't do so until the 15th). Fingers crossed this promo is still on come Monday!!!
I made the same mistake. Called in today and said I was cancelling the account. They didn't hesitate to add the extra 2GB add on.
Dec 15, 2017
30 posts
7 upvotes
fawks99 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 10:43 pm
I made the same mistake. Called in today and said I was cancelling the account. They didn't hesitate to add the extra 2GB add on.
Perfect thanks! I will try this Monday after I am able to make the plan switch!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1438 posts
381 upvotes
Toronto
Where's the best place to sign up for the bonus? Is the mobile shop still the best? Is there a better place to go with a better promo?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3074 posts
327 upvotes
Hamilton
fawks99 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 8:10 pm
Just call in and say the words "cancel account". They will ask why. Tell them all you want is the extra 2GB of data for 24 months. Just worked for me.
Can I call in with an Ontario number on the $49 Quebec plan and get the 2 gig?
I have a tab. But I can pay it off asap if that'll get me the extra 2 gigs.
Oct 22, 2006
440 posts
132 upvotes
sidshock wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 12:04 am
Can I call in with an Ontario number on the $49 Quebec plan and get the 2 gig?
I have a tab. But I can pay it off asap if that'll get me the extra 2 gigs.
A bit risky, but i don't see why they would make a big deal out of it as they are still getting the $$. Worst case is you cancel it or activate a new line. It's not like they don't know people are doing this.