• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2018 1:35 pm
Dec 5, 2011
7 posts
7 upvotes
MARKHAM
sanam79er wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:06 pm
And how do you get step 2 done? If you provide an ON address, can you still change to a QC # through self-serve? Or providing a QC address is a must?
You would just do it through the self serve site. You don't need to provide a QC address. They have updated the site so you might have to click on the "Track Repair" option to get to the old "Change Number" to do the QC number.
Feb 24, 2012
68 posts
16 upvotes
TORONTO
phishbone wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 3:49 pm
You would just do it through the self serve site. You don't need to provide a QC address. They have updated the site so you might have to click on the "Track Repair" option to get to the old "Change Number" to do the QC number.
VERY useful tip. Thank you!
Jul 14, 2013
384 posts
31 upvotes
how should I go about this if I already have a 48/5gb SK plan?
Dec 10, 2016
25 posts
11 upvotes
Does anyone know if you open second line and then close first for second in the end would you lose the "time" you've been a customer and can you use the same email for self serve for both lines?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2897 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
matssundin15 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:07 am
Does anyone know if you open second line and then close first for second in the end would you lose the "time" you've been a customer and can you use the same email for self serve for both lines?
1 email for 1 account (not line), so there is no change on email.

No impact on account history.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Dec 10, 2016
25 posts
11 upvotes
9613019 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:52 am
1 email for 1 account (not line), so there is no change on email.

No impact on account history.
Ok so you log in and it just shows both lines on same account? Sweet I already have a new unused Koodo sim so hoping maybe I can call in and do this over the phone. Just need to stop in and get pre paid somewhere and get this rolling.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2897 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
matssundin15 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:02 am
Ok so you log in and it just shows both lines on same account? Sweet I already have a new unused Koodo sim so hoping maybe I can call in and do this over the phone. Just need to stop in and get pre paid somewhere and get this rolling.
You need to let them know that you have an account already.

If you want to do self-referral, you need to keep the 1st line for a while.
Carry Tel Internet
Jul 9, 2012
20 posts
3 upvotes
Hi folks,
I'm looking for some guidance. I live in QC but my parents live in ON. I'm looking to set them up with QC plans but I need to port their numbers over to the plan. Is this possible? I know someone mentioned using the old portal or some such but if you could help me out with a quick DIY list, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Dec 10, 2016
25 posts
11 upvotes
9613019 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:05 am
You need to let them know that you have an account already.

If you want to do self-referral, you need to keep the 1st line for a while.
Ok ya will call in and see what I can do and yes going to use the wife's account to refer my new 2nd line so I won't have to wait.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2897 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
ShaolinMonkey wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:16 am
Hi folks,
I'm looking for some guidance. I live in QC but my parents live in ON. I'm looking to set them up with QC plans but I need to port their numbers over to the plan. Is this possible? I know someone mentioned using the old portal or some such but if you could help me out with a quick DIY list, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Do you want to open an account under your name or their names?
Carry Tel Internet
Jul 31, 2015
453 posts
148 upvotes
AB
DeltaSingh wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 8:29 pm
New and renewals only? Easy, pick a $0 phone (probably a medium tab one - no credit bullshit) and return in the next day. You get to keep the bonus 2gb.

Want more data? Easy, buy an SPC Card and tell em you want the SPC promo, another free 1gb for 1 year (do it again next year).

What does this get you? 9gb for $49.

REALLY want 10gb? Call in and ask what they can do for addons, probably get another 1gb for $1 - $5 depending on how old a customer you are.

Thank me later
Exactly every provider has extra addons from loyalty. But it is YMMV, and has to do with negotiating skills, the rep, timing, and luck.

That being said I got an extra $1/1gb added to both my 10gb telus lines. One of the lines also got added a free 3gb extra for 24m.

That SPC card is a good idea, will look into it
Jul 9, 2012
20 posts
3 upvotes
9613019 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:27 am
Do you want to open an account under your name or their names?
I already have an account with Koodo so I'd like to keep it all under my account, if possible. I just don't know how it's going to work with me having a Quebec address and trying to port in a couple of Ontario numbers.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2897 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
ShaolinMonkey wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 12:32 pm
I already have an account with Koodo so I'd like to keep it all under my account, if possible. I just don't know how it's going to work with me having a Quebec address and trying to port in a couple of Ontario numbers.
Thanks
Just add 2 lines with QC# and plans under your accunt and then port in your parents' ON numbers in self-serve.
Carry Tel Internet
Jul 18, 2007
5 posts
Toronto
I'm in Ontario but have the old koodo Manitoba plan. How do I do the quebec plan? I still need a new sim and then have to double port my number?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2897 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
Nelsocracy wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 1:36 pm
I'm in Ontario but have the old koodo Manitoba plan. How do I do the quebec plan? I still need a new sim and then have to double port my number?
Yes, you need a new line and port your # twice if you want to keep your ON#.
Carry Tel Internet