Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo Pixel 3A ($360) / 3A XL ($460), medium tab, existing customers (YMMV?)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2019 6:57 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3151 posts
650 upvotes
zackaroli wrote: Call them and ask them to remove the restriction, I had that restriction before and they removed the BYOP option then I upgraded and kept the same plan, if you have the 10% off lifetime then you will lose that but you can always tell them to re-add it on yearly basis.
I did that already, getting 3a XL for $380 is not too bad ;) Good bye iPhone 6 Plus......
Mar 6, 2019
23 posts
11 upvotes
Gonna go to a WOW boutique tomorrow and check out the S8. I've been using a S6 but Google maps opens so dang slowly, anyone know if the $100 gift card is still available and whether the S8 is faster than the S6 by a fair amount for my purposes?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1380 posts
335 upvotes
Edmonton
Hello. This may be slightly unrelated but I'm looking to buy an iPhone Xs Max. They only offer the Xs Max online, meaning I have to go a day without a phone when I return my current phone (iPhone Xs). How fast was shipping and delivery for y'all? In the past, Koodo has taken maybe 1 business day maximum, usually shipped the same day as the order. I know they use Canada Post Priority and their warehouse is only 3 hours away by car (Calgary to Edmonton).
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12680 posts
3153 upvotes
VANCOUVER
tablo13 wrote: Hello. This may be slightly unrelated but I'm looking to buy an iPhone Xs Max. They only offer the Xs Max online, meaning I have to go a day without a phone when I return my current phone (iPhone Xs). How fast was shipping and delivery for y'all? In the past, Koodo has taken maybe 1 business day maximum, usually shipped the same day as the order. I know they use Canada Post Priority and their warehouse is only 3 hours away by car (Calgary to Edmonton).
Slightly unrelated? Face With Tears Of Joy From my own experience, more often than not, they don't ship the same day as the order.
Mar 8, 2008
64 posts
9 upvotes
Not a Koodoo customer. Can I get this deal and port to cancel? Never done it before so what is the chances of being blacklisted?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3151 posts
650 upvotes
avante wrote: Not a Koodoo customer. Can I get this deal and port to cancel? Never done it before so what is the chances of being blacklisted?
You will lose $120 as this only applied by $10 increments over 12 months. Why would you care if you are blacklisted or not?
Mar 8, 2008
64 posts
9 upvotes
romsan04 wrote: You will lose $120 as this only applied by $10 increments over 12 months. Why would you care if you are blacklisted or not?
But the initial $250 still applies correct which is better than the google store. RE: blacklisting ... just hearing all the talk about it ... wasn't sure if it was a big deal to get blacklisted.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12680 posts
3153 upvotes
VANCOUVER
avante wrote: But the initial $250 still applies correct which is better than the google store. RE: blacklisting ... just hearing all the talk about it ... wasn't sure if it was a big deal to get blacklisted.
It would be a big deal if you plan on getting another phone from Koodo.
Mar 8, 2008
64 posts
9 upvotes
Rogido wrote: It would be a big deal if you plan on getting another phone from Koodo.
No plans in the near future but maybe once this phone runs its course ... try to churn.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8944 posts
2541 upvotes
Tempted to go for it considering Koodo said they will pickup 75% of the existing tab of $150. No credits though.
But I like my 128 GB Essential too much. Unrelated, saw the Huawie P30 earlier today, what a beautiful phone.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12680 posts
3153 upvotes
VANCOUVER
avante wrote: No plans in the near future but maybe once this phone runs its course ... try to churn.
I don't think one activate and cancel will put you in the dog house. But I don't encourage churning. Eventually Koodo will stop offering these deals, and everyone would be worse off.
Mar 8, 2008
64 posts
9 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I don't think one activate and cancel will put you in the dog house. But I don't encourage churning. Eventually Koodo will stop offering these deals, and everyone would be worse off.
Agreed ... churning in the sense that this phone would be my daily driver for the next expected life span of 1.5 - 2 years before I try to churn.
Dec 19, 2006
550 posts
459 upvotes
Vancouver
Xtrema wrote: China is playing the long game because they don't have a 4 year cycles.

Unfortunately, Europe, Japan, Australia and Canada are all get used to Chinese making it rain, it's going to hurt the economy going forward.

Nobody wins.

90 days is in my post when Trump admin figure out that the hard ban will cost estimating $11B to US companies like Intel/Qualcomm/Micron/Google. Kind of like ripping off your own arm off to beat someone with it.

And really, why would US want to lose Google being on everyone's phones? Regardless of brands? If Huawei App Gallery takes off, especially in developing countries, US can easily lose access to keep tabs on 1/2 the planet.
The Huawei app store will never take off like the Play store or the Apple App store will. The strength of Android is having that app store available on all their platforms. The strength of the Play store is that there are way less shady apps on it in comparison to Huawei's app store, so people outside of China won't want to be on an OS that doesn't have access to it.
Aug 31, 2012
314 posts
163 upvotes
CONCORD
Can anyone confirm... Just read that this has no wireless charging... Will have to cancel my order.
Oct 14, 2004
804 posts
165 upvotes
Victoria
avante wrote: Not a Koodoo customer. Can I get this deal and port to cancel? Never done it before so what is the chances of being blacklisted?
Unless you do it multiple times, I can't see you getting blacklisted. I've personally bought a phone/plan with Koodo (getting $300 GC from Walmart) and cancelled next day with no issues. Then within 3 months, completed a migration from Public Mobile to Koodo and picked up another discounted phone with GC and kept both the phone and plan.