Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

[Koodo] QC only - Unlimited Talk & Text + 6 GB for $54/Month

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2017 5:34 pm
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Koodo] [Koodo] QC only - Unlimited Talk & Text + 6 GB for $54/Month

For people who missed the $55/month 8GB deal, Koodo-QC has new promotions.

BYOD
$54/month
6 GB of Shock-Free™ data
Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)
Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling
Additional data $5/100 MB
29 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
Good deal, but they recently had an offer for 8GB @ $55 so I'd hold out.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4449 posts
2002 upvotes
Scarborough
A buck less for 2 GB less, so glad I jumped on last month's Koodoo deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham
Don DiGuapo wrote: Good deal, but they recently had an offer for 8GB @ $55 so I'd hold out.
This is for those who missed out on that deal.
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Aug 27, 2009
880 posts
225 upvotes
Not a bad deal for those that missed out on the last one. Combine with the $50 referral credit to make it a bit sweeter
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
myinglin0318 wrote: This is for those who missed out on that deal.
Obviously, my comment is for those that dont need a plan atm, and can thus wait for the previous deal to return.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13456 posts
12205 upvotes
I like competition. Other than the big 3 and Freedom Mobile, there is none in Alberta.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
embguy wrote: I like competition. Other than the big 3 and Freedom Mobile, there is none in Alberta.
See also: everywhere else in the country, pretty much, except MB, SK and QC.
Aug 14, 2009
494 posts
812 upvotes
AB
wearysky wrote: See also: everywhere else in the country, pretty much, except MB, SK and QC.
And soon probably not even MB
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13456 posts
12205 upvotes
wearysky wrote: See also: everywhere else in the country, pretty much, except MB, SK and QC.
trendless wrote: And soon probably not even MB
Agree. BCE(Bell) is buying Manitoba Telecom.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
Guess one could hop on this at $54/month. With referral credit of $50 it makes it a bit under $50/month for 12 months. If a better deal comes up in 6 months then this will have cost about $46/month. Takes some efforts to manage but possible.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
$55 8gb was a BD sale, wasn't it? Is there really the expectation that this will be coming back any time soon?
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wearysky wrote: $55 8gb was a BD sale, wasn't it? Is there really the expectation that this will be coming back any time soon?
Nobody knows if it will come back or not, maybe something better come out if Koodo/Telus wants more subscribers.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2680 posts
730 upvotes
Montreal
They have $51 6GB for Tab Large, that's not bad if you want to get a phone
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
wearysky wrote: $55 8gb was a BD sale, wasn't it? Is there really the expectation that this will be coming back any time soon?
what exactly is a "BD"????
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
qaz393 wrote: what exactly is a "BD"????
I guess Blu-ray Disc, or Boxing Day?
Feb 7, 2008
641 posts
396 upvotes
St Catharines
For Ontario residents, here's a quick how-to I put together for my friends from the boxing day 8gb QC deal (based on info from this forum and HoFo):

1. In-person, go sign up for a new Ontario monthly plan and new phone number from Koodo from a kiosk, Best Buy, Walmart wherever. It doesn't particularly matter what plan. Don't bring your old number over yet.

Go ahead and get a new phone too if you want, or you can use your old phone (but only if it's unlocked* or from Telus). With the last deal, I think you had to start with a tab-large to be able to easily switch to the QC plan.

If they can give you the QC plan directly then you're done (e.g. if you do business in QC for example - FYI do not give a fake Quebec address, we're doing this legit). Otherwise,

2. Go home, and use a referral to create an online account. You and the referrer can both get a 50$ credit with the current promotion.

3. Create your online self-service account and check your billing cycle starting date, write it down, it's usually in 6-10 days.

4. In self-service online, go ahead and change your new ON phone # to a QC # before your next billing date. You now have a QC phone number for a week, congrats!

5. After that first billing date (again, wait usually 6-10 days), change the plan to the $54 QC plan. If there's any free data bonuses or addons you want like visual voicemail (+2$) go ahead and add those too.

6. Wait 24 hrs. Go back to self-service online and port in your existing/old Ontario phone #. You will need your old phone number and your old account number to do so. This will automatically cancel your old plan wherever you come from (e.g. Rogers for me). And you will get a bill from your old plan pro-rated to the date you switched. It usually takes about 15 minutes to switch over. FYI: do NOT call Rogers or whatever to cancel your old plan first, you will lose your number if you cancel before you port!

And we're back, you now have your old number, on a new great plan.

If you're already on Koodo, there's a process of porting out and porting in that's doable, but not my expertise, check out the last post or HoFo for details.

*If you're bringing your old phone, call your company before you start this to get it unlocked. An iPhone unlock is 50$ with Rogers, most Android phones are much cheaper, but don't forget to negotiate to get it unlocked free or discounted.
~M
Mobile: Public Mobile Can-US 74 gb, 34$
TV: FTA Antenna (free OTA TV channels, thread)
Home Phone: Freephoneline VOIP + Obi VOIP adapter (free home phone, thread)
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17146 posts
5652 upvotes
Markham
RobinHou wrote: For people who missed the $55/month 8GB deal, Koodo-QC has new promotions.

BYOD
$54/month
6 GB of Shock-Free™ data
Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)
Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling
Additional data $5/100 MB
that is not new, it was there when the promo of $55 /8GB was on
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)