Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo Samsung S7 $0 on large tab ($504)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2017 11:21 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
3290 posts
599 upvotes
Don't forget that Koodo had the double referral going on till may 7 as well.

That's $50 saved, but to get the credit you gota stay with Koodo for 90 days
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Feb 26, 2017
2 posts
Anyone know what the requirements for cancelling the Koodo tab are? Currently I'm with Koodo on a month-to-month, was planning on switching to the $36 public mobile deal. If I got this phone on tab large, then told Public Mobile to port my account, would Koodo then just bill me the full $504 plus tax and that's the end of it?
Oct 14, 2015
399 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto, ON
guernsey wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 1:37 am
Anyone know what the requirements for cancelling the Koodo tab are? Currently I'm with Koodo on a month-to-month, was planning on switching to the $36 public mobile deal. If I got this phone on tab large, then told Public Mobile to port my account, would Koodo then just bill me the full $504 plus tax and that's the end of it?
Unless you received some sort of "gift", if you cancel or port out, Koodo will send you a final bill of your Tab balance+taxes.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8490 posts
1203 upvotes
professormeth wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 1:12 am
Can i just go home and immediately pay off the tab, and then call in to cancel? This way I can just keep the phone.
I did this before, can't remember which phone, but ordered, got the phone, activated it, and then cancelled the next day (told them that we discovered that my wife's current provider still had them locked to another account). They said I could take the phone back to a store, etc... I told them that she actually liked the phone though and so I just paid off the tab and kept the phone. Not sure if it still works this way or not. I was able to get the device by signing up on their most basic plan at the time too.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Apr 24, 2015
3 posts
Mississauga, ON
Could anyone explain step by step how to take advantage of this deal? I just want the phone not a plan with Koodo.

Cheers!
Last edited by Volant on Apr 16th, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 30, 1969
719 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto, ON
guernsey wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 1:37 am
No requirements. Just like yous said, if you port to zoomer, you will get billed $504 + tax + any pro-rated charges for the bill cycle.
Dec 18, 2016
17 posts
6 upvotes
This phone has over 300 dollar of activation credit, don't you have to stay with them for 90 days or they can claim the activation credit? I am not sure if this applies to free gifts only. Can someone please confirm this?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2008
4781 posts
1865 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ali0056 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 12:29 pm
This phone has over 300 dollar of activation credit, don't you have to stay with them for 90 days or they can claim the activation credit? I am not sure if this applies to free gifts only. Can someone please confirm this?
I've done this with a G3, G4, iPhone SE and S6 and I have never been charged the credit.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Nov 26, 2016
22 posts
4 upvotes
Good deal, considering there is $50 referral credit right now.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel