Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo Samsung S7 $0 on large tab ($504)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2017 3:08 pm
Jan 19, 2017
88 posts
67 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Apr 15th, 2017 10:58 pm
That's what I get as well which I find annoying. I know it'll likely never happen in Canada but I'd love to have a base plan cost and just let me amortize my phone over however many months I want to a max of 2 years.
Boggles my mind that no private company has done this. But essentially could do it yourself with a visa card. Buy phone outright on visa nad pay per month, if you can't afford it. I just havent seen a BYOD plan cheap enough to make it worth your while.
Jan 29, 2014
391 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
RedruM7 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 1:48 pm
Thats awesome, so were you able to get both the phone and speaker in person at the kiosk? Or do they have to ship it to you? And like Weary was saying earlier did you have to pay off the speaker? Sounds like you didn't which is great.
I didn't get a speaker when I activated. Maybe it depends on region? I didn't see that promo on the website either. However since the speaker is a gift, you're most likely going to have to pay for it when you cancel.

I got the phone on the spot.
Sep 2, 2007
96 posts
27 upvotes
professormeth wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 2:05 pm
I didn't get a speaker when I activated. Maybe it depends on region? I didn't see that promo on the website either. However since the speaker is a gift, you're most likely going to have to pay for it when you cancel.

I got the phone on the spot.
Ahh ok, yeah I just talked to Koodo at Best Buy and they couldn't find that speaker deal. Looks like the speaker is only included if your an existing customer, its actually a decent JBL bt speaker, only worth $39.99 but good reviews.

So I guess thats another reason along with the $10 sim card charge and the extra setup/canceling hassle to just get the phone with my current account and lose my old 200mb $30 plan... Basically for another $10/month I'll be getting 500mb from 200mb. Been feeling like its time to break that 200mb barrier and get more into the future and less data management...
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
3940 posts
296 upvotes
jabone wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 11:33 pm
Just called in to cancel and they said i could not cancel for 90 days. I don't really want to buy another sim to port out to, so i guess i will return the phone. Are they going to refund the sim card cost?

How disappointed am i going to be with the ebay US refurb? Does the battery life suck that bad?

Good phone, but so far I may prefer my one plus one for web browsing which is most of what i do. I smashed it's screen and it is too old to justify replacing the screen for $80.
Port out to another provider, that way you don't deal with crap from koodo
Apr 10, 2017
23 posts
2 upvotes
bomber17 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 9:00 pm
A5 does most of what a S7 can do but resale will take a hit. I've been trying to sell my A5 and no offers.

See if they'll allow you to keep your plan but add the $21 tab. I know they can do it for tab med to tab small plans. If not, you could add a line then cancel.
Is your A5 used or sealed in box still?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1072 posts
468 upvotes
zolomskip wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 4:40 pm
Is your A5 used or sealed in box still?
I opened it so not sealed.
Current Fido customer. Great to be a Fido Customer.
Nov 16, 2010
464 posts
17 upvotes
I went in their store and talked with their sale rep, they said you have to keep a min $69 plan for 3 month. You can not just cancel it and pay for the tab charge he said.
Dec 30, 1969
719 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hellokittyonline2 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 12:29 am
I went in their store and talked with their sale rep, they said you have to keep a min $69 plan for 3 month. You can not just cancel it and pay for the tab charge he said.
he doesn't know what he's talking about, likely he doesn't get commission if you cancel within 3 months, so he's lying to you.
Mar 21, 2011
206 posts
28 upvotes
RedruM7 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 3:28 pm
Ahh ok, yeah I just talked to Koodo at Best Buy and they couldn't find that speaker deal. Looks like the speaker is only included if your an existing customer, its actually a decent JBL bt speaker, only worth $39.99 but good reviews.

So I guess thats another reason along with the $10 sim card charge and the extra setup/canceling hassle to just get the phone with my current account and lose my old 200mb $30 plan... Basically for another $10/month I'll be getting 500mb from 200mb. Been feeling like its time to break that 200mb barrier and get more into the future and less data management...
I got the phone with the JBL Pro speaker this is only for existing customers who are due for an upgrade. I have no use for the speaker so selling it. Reviews seem decent for the JBL and it retails for 40 US$ from what I checked.
Nov 24, 2006
592 posts
78 upvotes
You guys think the S7 Edge will drop in price too? I prefer the larger screen and battery.
Dec 4, 2008
59 posts
18 upvotes
This is the SM-930W8 with the Exynos 8890 right?

If so, very tempted to upgrade from a S6. I am an existing customer with a $100+ tab balance, which would mean a S7 could be had for < $400...
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
10786 posts
3182 upvotes
Oakville
kuri wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 1:11 am
You guys think the S7 Edge will drop in price too? I prefer the larger screen and battery.
Eventually they're start clearing them out, yeah. But they still seem to be fairly popular/resistant to price drops though.
Mar 22, 2013
744 posts
149 upvotes
Markham
kuri wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 1:11 am
Wait another year and you'll get a sweet deal. I currently have the S7 flat version and I'm loving it. But the S8 is so nice, I'll get it next year or 2 lol.
Samsung S7 32 GB - Koodo Mobile

$55 Unlimited Canada-wide
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)
1000 Intl LD minutes, 8 GB Plan
Sep 2, 2007
96 posts
27 upvotes
Ok wow, so I went ahead with the S7 deal + speaker and changed my old $30 double data plan over to some $69 large tab plan thinking I could switch down to the more reasonable $40 plan with 500mb data....
Wrong, that plan has magically disappeared right after I got my shipping confirmation of my phone and plan change, not an hour sooner or later as I have been checking regularly... And yes it looks like thats the only plan that disappeared, below it is the old $30 plan with 100mb.

Looks like I totally f'd up and should have went thru with the start a brand new plan and cancel song and dance... I did not see this coming, I actually thought this was the safe way.
Quite strange... Also the site tells me I can't change plans within 14 days of my last one. So now I'm strongly considering jumping the Koodo ship completely...
Whos the best to go to for $30-40 data plans? I've been ok with 200mb thus far but an upgrade to around 500mb would be nice.

I remember looking at public mobile a lil while ago, are these guys pretty reliable?
Jun 22, 2009
221 posts
14 upvotes
I've been using Public Moblie for almost 3 months now, I recently had switched over from Wind. I was primarily fed up with the crappy coverage and low speed. I do have less data per month but couldn't be happier on public moblie. I pay $45 and get unlimited talk and text canada wide and 2gb of data per month.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel