Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo Wireless Home Phone $5 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2017 1:23 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
Was anyone successful with unlocking the hub?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up the last hub at Eglinton East location just before closing last night, to beat the Oct. 3 deadline.

Also did a referral which looks like it was accepted after I entered the new phone no. online. Added to my existing acct. as a new line under my wife's name and email

Not a corporate store so they charged me $10 for the Sim. Will try to get it back from Koodo via online chat.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4203 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
the SIM is not free, $10 is for the SIM but no activation fee
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote: Picked up the last hub at Eglinton East location just before closing last night, to beat the Oct. 3 deadline.

Also did a referral which looks like it was accepted after I entered the new phone no. online. Added to my existing acct. as a new line under my wife's name and email

Not a corporate store so they charged me $10 for the Sim. Will try to get it back from Koodo via online chat.
I feel like you are talking about Fido experience with SIm card charge.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
9613019 wrote:
Inno wrote: Picked up the last hub at Eglinton East location just before closing last night, to beat the Oct. 3 deadline.

Thanks for clarifying. I did just sign up for the Fido 3GB data plan too. Can't keep all my plans straight.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote:
9613019 wrote:

Thanks for clarifying. I did just sign up for the Fido 3GB data plan too. Can't keep all my plans straight.
I did the same thing and I am happy with the combination of Koodo home phone and Fido tablet plan.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3744 posts
1986 upvotes
Vancouver
charlesd79 wrote:
mwmsnow wrote: [...]you should get a high capacity passthrough USB power bank and connect it between the USB charger and the modem. A good brand I recommend is XIAOMI, they go on sale quite often, I managed to grab a 16000mAh one in May for $26 from Tmart.
Here's one ncix-xiaomi-mi-power-bank-10000mah-19-99-2045093/2/
Last edited by charlesd79 on Oct 5th, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3744 posts
1986 upvotes
Vancouver
charlesd79 wrote: I wouldn't rely too much on the internal battery (which is actually made up from 3 AA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries, 500mA each), that's just for backup/emergencies, you should get a high capacity passthrough USB power bank and connect it between the USB charger and the modem. A good brand I recommend is XIAOMI, they go on sale quite often, I managed to grab a 16000mAh one in May for $26 from Tmart.
Here's one ncix-xiaomi-mi-power-bank-10000mah-19-99-2045093/
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Just checked the site. No longer showing the $5 price, back up to $20.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote: Just checked the site. No longer showing the $5 price, back up to $20.
I think it ended on Oct 3, same as other Koodo promotions.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Got denied.. Was told u had to be an existing koodo member to have this plan
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1980 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
mikka1989 wrote:
Me no koodo customer and was able to get this plan

Now I am a koodo customer after getting this plan

Working OK so far, phone quality is acceptable, better than the bell physical phone line which gives static sometimes but not always, bell wants to charge $150 to send a tech to check the problem, but the problem comes and goes so it isn't always guaranteed to have issues
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2008
1132 posts
381 upvotes
you CAN always clone the IMEI to a Cell phone :)
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1506 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How difficult is that?
-------------
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
English is a difficult language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
treasureseeker3 wrote: How difficult is that?
Yes, inquiring minds need to know...

I have a Nokia from the 90s, if that makes it easier.
May 7, 2010
608 posts
79 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
So is this plan completely dead now or anyone able to get on it after the 3rd?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Shu wrote:
mikka1989 wrote:

Working OK so far, phone quality is acceptable, better than the bell physical phone line which gives static sometimes but not always, bell wants to charge $150 to send a tech to check the problem, but the problem comes and goes so it isn't always guaranteed to have issues
Where. And what store location... Thx
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
3361 posts
1108 upvotes
mikka1989 wrote:
Shu wrote:
mikka1989 wrote:

Where. And what store location... Thx
Eaton Centre, if you're in the GTA.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1506 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Now available for $10/mo
-------------
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
English is a difficult language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3177 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
Can the $10/month be something that's permanent? They say $10 per month for the first year.
Unless, if I join Koodo and have both mobile and wireless home phone, they will allow me to keep the $10/month rate longer?
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)