Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

(Deal expired) LG G6 for $904 on Tab large, $860 on Tab Medium/Small

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2017 10:45 pm
Tags:
Jul 1, 2010
569 posts
354 upvotes
AforApple wrote: Question to all,

Im currently with Koodo (number #A) and paid off my tab. Can i open a new line (number #B) on the same account and then port my current number(#A) to the new line (#B)?

Would this work to keep the new referral credit and gc?

Thanks
You can't port number within the same carrier. You can, however, port your #A to Koodo prepaid (cost $20 plus tax for the sim card or you have to buy a cheap sim card on ebay), then port the number back to replace the #B.
Aug 6, 2014
73 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone seeing any deals on the Pixel XL?
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11273 upvotes
Since this thread has gotten pretty long, and deal aspects change...

I'm looking to get the G6, but I don't want any service. According to this thread, I can sign up with Koodo and then cancel when I get home?

- Are there any penalties other then paying off the TAB?
- What would be the final cost, is it just $504+tax? I don't have any referrals or anything like that.
- Where's the best place to go? Koodo, or WOW wireless, or elsewhere?
- Do I have to keep the account for 90 days or can I cancel immediately?
- Which plan do I sign up for, and which TAB?

Thanks very much for your help!
Jul 12, 2011
30 posts
2 upvotes
Windsor
repatch wrote: Since this thread has gotten pretty long, and deal aspects change...

I'm looking to get the G6, but I don't want any service. According to this thread, I can sign up with Koodo and then cancel when I get home?

- Are there any penalties other then paying off the TAB?
- What would be the final cost, is it just $504+tax? I don't have any referrals or anything like that.
- Where's the best place to go? Koodo, or WOW wireless, or elsewhere?
- Do I have to keep the account for 90 days or can I cancel immediately?
- Which plan do I sign up for, and which TAB?

Thanks very much for your help!

1. No penalties other than tab balance
2. $504+ taxes and whatever prorated service + sim card
3. Try WOW if they have any promotions (gift cards, old phone trade in credit)
4, You can call in to cancel immediately or port out same day
5. Sign up for tab large - which ever is the minimum plan for tab large
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
bgrewal87 wrote: 1. No penalties other than tab balance
2. $504+ taxes and whatever prorated service + sim card
3. Try WOW if they have any promotions (gift cards, old phone trade in credit)
4, You can call in to cancel immediately or port out same day
5. Sign up for tab large - which ever is the minimum plan for tab large
Note for point #3 - if you're getting gift card promos there's the possibility of having Koodo claw those back if you don't stay for 90 days.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Have there been any recent reports of GCs getting clawed back? Seems like a myth.
I love RFD! :)
Jul 12, 2011
30 posts
2 upvotes
Windsor
I signed up for the WOW mobile S8 Koodo promotion with the $100 gift card. I cancelled same day and I can confirm there was no clawback on any gift card issued by WOW
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
bgrewal87 wrote: I signed up for the WOW mobile S8 Koodo promotion with the $100 gift card. I cancelled same day and I can confirm there was no clawback on any gift card issued by WOW
Just wait the final bill on mail.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Sep 9, 2006
82 posts
70 upvotes
Calgary
d1ulove3 wrote: Just wait the final bill on mail.
I received a $50 gift card from WOW, and my final bill made no mention of it.
-------------------------
Jul 12, 2011
30 posts
2 upvotes
Windsor
d1ulove3 wrote: Just wait the final bill on mail.
I called in to confirm with 3 reps and they all quoted my final bill including all taxes $573 for a brand new s8. So no clawbacks of any kind, for any type of promotions received from WOW mobile. I guess the only part that sucks is the the WOW rep will not get his commission from this sale.
Last edited by bgrewal87 on Sep 14th, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Lleviathan wrote: I received a $50 gift card from WOW, and my final bill made no mention of it.
So you sign up and cancel? why? I don't see any saving on this, unless you get a big GC or you have a great plan of 6-10gb with $40-50 monthly.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: So you sign up and cancel? why? I don't see any saving on this, unless you get a big GC or you have a great plan of 6-10gb with $40-50 monthly.
Where else can you get a G6 for ~$500?
Jul 12, 2011
30 posts
2 upvotes
Windsor
d1ulove3 wrote: So you sign up and cancel? why? I don't see any saving on this, unless you get a big GC or you have a great plan of 6-10gb with $40-50 monthly.
I had my friend sign up for this he was a koodo customer, he was given a $100 positive tab balance from retention. The tab balance combined with the trade in $50 mastercard + $50 old phone credit - upfront cost of lg g6 $0. $320 on tab. after that he cancld and mved to a diff provider with a better plan . NO clawbacks on final bill
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
bgrewal87 wrote: I had my friend sign up for this he was a koodo customer, he was given a $100 positive tab balance from retention. The tab balance combined with the trade in $50 mastercard + $50 old phone credit - upfront cost of lg g6 $0. $320 on tab. after that he cancld and mved to a diff provider with a better plan . NO clawbacks on final bill
The only good plan I saw are the QC, PM, FIdo retention & some out if province plan.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11273 upvotes
Well got my phone today, cancelled the account on the way home. First CSR said I'd be charged my tab balance, and that was it. Retensions CSR didn't mention any amount but did cancel.

Guess I'll find out when they mail be the bill! Hopefully all went well. Phone is fantastic, and best part: unlocked! Put my Fido SIM in after booting with the Koodo SIM and everything worked. I guess they've sold so many of these phones they dipped into the stock of phones they'll have to sell after Dec 1st! :)
Sep 9, 2006
82 posts
70 upvotes
Calgary
Why? Pretty simple. I get a great phone to use with the good plan I already have. I pay $31/month for 4gb on Public Mobile. That saves me over $430 over 2 years compared to the next best plan I can get at around $49/month if I jump through the hoops to get a Koodo Quebec plan. Koodo did offer me a $50/month plan, but that was after I'd already cancelled this one, and that's still $456 over 2 years for features I don't need. The plan savings pay for the phone. If I had an in market plan from Koodo, the savings are between $800 and a grand over two years. I say, why wouldn't I do this?

Where else that isn't Freedom are you seeing plans available in Alberta that are 6-10gb for $40-50?
-------------------------
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Lleviathan wrote: Why? Pretty simple. I get a great phone to use with the good plan I already have. I pay $31/month for 4gb on Public Mobile. That saves me over $430 over 2 years compared to the next best plan I can get at around $49/month if I jump through the hoops to get a Koodo Quebec plan. Koodo did offer me a $50/month plan, but that was after I'd already cancelled this one, and that's still $456 over 2 years for features I don't need. The plan savings pay for the phone. If I had an in market plan from Koodo, the savings are between $800 and a grand over two years. I say, why wouldn't I do this?
Where else that isn't Freedom are you seeing plans available in Alberta that are 6-10gb for $40-50?
On that range I see only FM, or unless your Loyalty Dept offer you another promo.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
2233 posts
1021 upvotes
Been using my g6 for a week. Everything is snappy but the camera just sucks.. Worst than my previous galaxy s6, LG g5. Its pathetic really, everything looks like shit. I didn't believe the complaints about the camera in the reviews thinking they were just super nitpicky.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2010
1096 posts
1354 upvotes
Canada
Vietlord wrote: Been using my g6 for a week. Everything is snappy but the camera just sucks.. Worst than my previous galaxy s6, LG g5. Its pathetic really, everything looks like shit. I didn't believe the complaints about the camera in the reviews thinking they were just super nitpicky.
Maybe you have a defective camera. I find the camera takes great pictures and I'm coming from an S7 and Pixel XL.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)