Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

LG5 $0 on Medium tab w/ free CamPlus

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2017 11:36 am
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
greenkiwee wrote: I wonder if there is any "better" promotions for those that are upgrading (like me).
I can see deals being offered for those who sign up as new customers maybe extra GC here there.
For current customers, log into your self serve to check your offers. As I currently do not have a tab balance, I can get the G5 on $45 with small tab $10/month for 24 months or $0 upfront and $11/month for 24 months on a medium tab.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Sep 18, 2004
583 posts
282 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Except for that part in the title where it says "Medium tab."
Not everyone knows what "medium tab" at Koodo means, it's a very proprietary term. Everyone knows what "$0" means and what "$360" means, so I agree that the title and/or post could be clearer. It's not necessarily misleading, it's just missing information.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
molo wrote: Not everyone knows what "medium tab" at Koodo means, it's a very proprietary term. Everyone knows what "$0" means and what "$360" means, so I agree that the title and/or post could be clearer. It's not necessarily misleading, it's just missing information.
Sure, not everybody knows what the exact dollar amount of "medium tab" is. But everybody knows what a tab is, and I don't think any reasonable person would think that "on medium tab" means that you don't have to pay anything at all.
May 11, 2013
134 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone switch from a s7? Miss the g4 camera
Jan 8, 2012
887 posts
744 upvotes
Williams Lake
Check your personal offers.

They're offering this one to me for $260/medium tab.
May 11, 2013
134 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
I have never seen personal offers on mine? Anyone else not seen them?
May 10, 2015
280 posts
93 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
kevothree wrote: I have never seen personal offers on mine? Anyone else not seen them?
I think it only appears for folks who haven't upgraded in a while. I used to see the offers before but don't have them since I got a new phone.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
How's the battery life on this phone? Is there any lag? My G3s battery life has gotten so poor that I need to upgrade ASAP.

Does someone know if there's any good promo on the Pixel XL or IPhone 6s+? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kevothree wrote: Anyone switch from a s7? Miss the g4 camera
I have both the LG G5 and S7. Between the two, S7 camera is easier, faster to use. G5 has advantage on resolution (16MP at 16:9) and wide angle shots. I have not compared both looking at the same screen but you will be pretty happy with either of these.
-
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
SureshA720227 wrote: I have both the LG G5 and S7. Between the two, S7 camera is easier, faster to use. G5 has advantage on resolution (16MP at 16:9) and wide angle shots. I have not compared both looking at the same screen but you will be pretty happy with either of these.
What are your other thoughts on the two phones? Does the G5 compare well to the S7 overall?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
I really don't see the point of the cam plus. You can't really get any cases for the phone that accomodate it, and it just makes the phone too bulky. Plus you have to power the phone off just to put it on. Think about it, you're ready to take your picture, to capture a special moment. But wait! You have to power off your phone, remove the case, eject the current module, install the cam plus, then power back on and wait for the phone to boot. I can guarantee you that by that time, 90% of these "special moments" will be gone and you will have missed your opportunity to take a good shot. A lot of good photography relies on taking a picture at just the right moment, particularly with kids. I just really see this thing as a huge gimmick. What does it have, a zoom wheel? Remember, phones use a digital zoom so you're losing quality every time you zoom in. I much prefer switching between the main camera and the wide angle lens. And I most certainly wouldn't want to fuss with modules before I take a picture, and I just think the phone will be too big if you leave the cam plus installed full time. This is just my opinion. I have owned my G5 for some time now. There is a reason why the G6 will not use modules.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
SickBeast wrote: I really don't see the point of the cam plus. You can't really get any cases for the phone that accomodate it, and it just makes the phone too bulky. Plus you have to power the phone off just to put it on. Think about it, you're ready to take your picture, to capture a special moment. But wait! You have to power off your phone, remove the case, eject the current module, install the cam plus, then power back on and wait for the phone to boot. I can guarantee you that by that time, 90% of these "special moments" will be gone and you will have missed your opportunity to take a good shot. A lot of good photography relies on taking a picture at just the right moment, particularly with kids. I just really see this thing as a huge gimmick. What does it have, a zoom wheel? Remember, phones use a digital zoom so you're losing quality every time you zoom in. I much prefer switching between the main camera and the wide angle lens. And I most certainly wouldn't want to fuss with modules before I take a picture, and I just think the phone will be too big if you leave the cam plus installed full time. This is just my opinion. I have owned my G5 for some time now. There is a reason why the G6 will not use modules.
How snappy is the G5 during daily use? Is its camera as good as the iPhone s?
Last edited by cn_habs on Feb 25th, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote: I really don't see the point of the cam plus. You can't really get any cases for the phone that accomodate it, and it just makes the phone too bulky. Plus you have to power the phone off just to put it on. Think about it, you're ready to take your picture, to capture a special moment. But wait! You have to power off your phone, remove the case, eject the current module, install the cam plus, then power back on and wait for the phone to boot. I can guarantee you that by that time, 90% of these "special moments" will be gone and you will have missed your opportunity to take a good shot. A lot of good photography relies on taking a picture at just the right moment, particularly with kids. I just really see this thing as a huge gimmick. What does it have, a zoom wheel? Remember, phones use a digital zoom so you're losing quality every time you zoom in. I much prefer switching between the main camera and the wide angle lens. And I most certainly wouldn't want to fuss with modules before I take a picture, and I just think the phone will be too big if you leave the cam plus installed full time. This is just my opinion. I have owned my G5 for some time now. There is a reason why the G6 will not use modules.
When LG originally intruduced the camplus, I thought it had better optical components with optical zoom but the reality is ...
Last edited by 9613019 on Feb 25th, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
cn_habs wrote: How snappy is the G5 during daily use? Is it camera as good as the iPhone s?
It's a wonderful phone. I would say that the camera is *better* than the iPhones along with pretty much any other phone on the market. I use the wide angle lens a lot. It really lets you take some cool shots. It lets you capture the entire moment in a lot of situations where you would only have a snapshot otherwise. The camera is so good on it that I rarely even use my DSLR camera any more.

In terms of speed, it is very fast an responsive. I have Nova Launcher installed. I'm not sure how good it is with the stock launcher, which I never use. Spec wise the G5 can still hang with the best of them. The newest iPhones have superior single threaded performance but other than that I would say you're not going to notice a big difference.

*However*, the Snapdragon 835 CPU will be released any time now once the Galaxy S8 comes out. Apparently Samsung hoarded them all which forced LG to use the Snapdragon 821 on the G6. This is really bad news. It's actually anti-competitive IMO. Samsung has basically bought themselves the entire high end Android market in one fell swoop. I expect the G6 to be good but it's going to be hard for it to compete against the S8 with a vastly more powerful processor that is built on a smaller node.
Last edited by SickBeast on Feb 25th, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
They charge activation credit now if you cancel before 90 days. I asked koodo rep and wow mobile. They might not when you cancel but not gonna take a chance.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
So the cheapest way would be to stay the 3 months on medium tab: $120 w/ taxes up front - $50 trade in credit + ($10 medium tab x 3 months) + $ 210 remaining tab = $325.6

Am I missing something?
May 10, 2015
280 posts
93 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
saffant wrote: They charge activation credit now if you cancel before 90 days. I asked koodo rep and wow mobile. They might not when you cancel but not gonna take a chance.
I doubt this. Nowhere in the contract does it say anything about activation credit clawback. You will lose only the 'bonus gift' which in this case would be around $100 for the camplus.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
waveparticle1729 wrote: I doubt this. Nowhere in the contract does it say anything about activation credit clawback. You will lose only the 'bonus gift' which in this case would be around $100 for the camplus.
There have been some reports of some of the reps trying to claw back the activation bonus from people who cancel early.

I will say, however, that in October I bought a G4 through Koodo for next to nothing. Then on Black Friday, Koodo had a crazy sale on the G5 so I jumped on it. I basically got two phones on the one line. I paid off the G4 tab before buying the G5. Then I cancelled about a month after I got the G5. No issues whatsoever. They even credited me $3 when I cancelled so I had a $0 balance. I had definitely been a customer for over 90 days from the time I activated and bought the G4, but it was really only about a month after I got the G5.

Perhaps this is YMMV and perhaps it's a non-issue. I'm not sure. Generally with Koodo though you're better off just staying for 90 days if you at all can.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
G5 was a good phone but I didn't like the camera. It didn't seem to capture a lot of detail especially in auto mode. Take a picture and then blow it up on a PC, and it looks really grainy compared to photos taken with an iPhone 7 Plus and Samsung S7. It looks better if you use manual settings. Anyways, didn't really like it but Koodo waived off the entire $360 tab if I got the S7. Sold my G5 for $300 to a friend after. Basically getting two phones for $504 tab, which is "free" due to referral credits.
May 10, 2015
280 posts
93 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I'm trying to get this for my mom but she prefers the gray/titan option to the silver that is offered online. Anyone knows if they sell those in-store?