The New Koodo Loyalty Plans Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 4:39 pm
Tags:
Dec 3, 2009
89 posts
120 upvotes
Ottawa-ish
I was called last night and offered 15gb for $65, I'm currently on 10gb for $60.
Just sharing info.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2014
1100 posts
1406 upvotes
Toronto
ottawalurker wrote: I was called last night and offered 15gb for $65, I'm currently on 10gb for $60.
Just sharing info.
Did they offer a lower price but for 8gb ? I'm on the 60/10gb but I'd take a $10 discount with 2 less gigs
"A fool is someone who knows the price of everything & the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde
Dec 3, 2009
89 posts
120 upvotes
Ottawa-ish
That was the only offer they had for me. I asked about 12gb for $60 and the rep stated they didn't have access to that.
Sep 17, 2008
829 posts
320 upvotes
BC
intelpentium400 wrote: I saw that on the Fido thread too. Would love to hear from someone who could confirm this and actually got it.
$55 for 15GB but didn't get any tab credit
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2003
4248 posts
297 upvotes
GVA
10/$60 was easy, but couldn’t get them to budge past that. I was hoping for the 8/$50 but they claimed they couldn’t see it to offer.
Jan 29, 2007
36 posts
16 upvotes
Nanaimo
For two months now, on the last day of my month, I turn on YouTube continuously and use up all my data. I'm presently getting one gigabyte for $40. In British Columbia. This morning they offered the following:

Hey, Alan! We've got a ton of exclusive deals on plans, like 6GB for $45 or 10GB for $55 when you upgrade your phone in Self Serve at https://txt.koodo.com/t1L0CrutN or in-store. Hurry, these deals and more are only here until November 24, 2019 at 11:59PM. Conditions apply. You're included on the list for Koodo offers and deals. To be excluded, reply "unsubscribe" or visit bit.ly/UctlZt
Images
  • Screenshot_20191110-113358_Messages.jpg
Oct 11, 2012
233 posts
234 upvotes
TORONTO
I believe some of the options are now available on self serve if people do not want to speak to a person.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 2.10.06 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 2.09.41 PM.png
Sep 13, 2006
73 posts
238 upvotes
Etobicoke
$50 for 7G at the Markville mall Koodo kiosk for new plans. Hope this is the start of a price war during Black Friday.

Didn't ask about which tab or details. Sales dudes were busy.
Images
  • IMG_20191111_143908.jpg
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
dealhungry1 wrote: I believe some of the options are now available on self serve if people do not want to speak to a person.
Exactly why I’m here. I always see postings “check your account” for any deals? All I ever see in the top right is “ hey because your awesome we have some good deals”, I always click but never see anything special or deals.

Where am I suppose to look for upgrade of my plan?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham
trellaine201 wrote: Exactly why I’m here. I always see postings “check your account” for any deals? All I ever see in the top right is “ hey because your awesome we have some good deals”, I always click but never see anything special or deals.

Where am I suppose to look for upgrade of my plan?

Thanks
Login to your account and Go through the plans and see, the offers are in purple background on the page compared to regular plans that are on green.
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3482 posts
3868 upvotes
Antarctica
BrocIlSerbatoio wrote: Ontario plans as of November 8, 2019

$35/2gb

Or

$65/16gb
Was the 16gb one from the same store offering the 2gb one? Is this in Ontario?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5280 posts
4939 upvotes
Southern Ontario
$55 per month + applicable monthly tab charge (Tab Medium)
10 GB of Shock-Free™ data.1,2
Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)3
Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting and Conference Calling
Additional data $10/100 MB
$35 connection fee (including SIM card) applies when purchased in store
$0 connection fee (including SIM card) when you order online!

Just got the invitation to Loyalty Plans on my device (Ontario). I have no Tab right now, but I have to upgrade to a new phone and Tab to get on these large Data plans... pretty interesting.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6764 posts
2096 upvotes
dealhungry1 wrote: I believe some of the options are now available on self serve if people do not want to speak to a person.
Tried this on my wife's account, I don't see it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6371 posts
6733 upvotes
Center of Canada
I think those are next best thing other then PM migration plan.
If the $50/8GB available at retail outlet like WOW, pair that with something like $250GC, and the current $120 Med-tab S10e deal, I think it would be a good BF deal.
And the good thing is, people can actually get it because no one can just get all of them and cancel the next day and resale the phone.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6371 posts
6733 upvotes
Center of Canada
ayo23 wrote: Called Koodo today...loyalty dept... they say those plans don't exist.
Same with the 8gb/$40. :rolleyes:
you won't get $40/8GB plan, those are PM Migration plan. Haven't see anything that can match that since then
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6371 posts
6733 upvotes
Center of Canada
cctw wrote: Alright guys, here's my contribution.

Have 3 lines, 1) 8gb $40 Public mobile deal 2) 4gb $45 Retentions 3) 6gb $55 CNY deal. Saw the 6gb $45 promo on the PM line so I called to see if I can apply this to my two other lines instead.

He was like, "you have the 8gb $40 on one of your lines, isn't that a better deal?". I'm like "yeah if you can apply that to all 3 accounts of course I'd take it"

Then he just somehow did his magic and now I have 3 8gb $40 lines. Note, I did not go to loyalty and yes he did say there is a $10 plan change fee but I wasn't gonna push my luck.

Coles notes: 8gb for $40 plan still exists. Not sure what the conditions are to get it though.

HAHAHA, I think you and me are the lucky one that get the CS that know what he is doing AND he is willing to just do it.
I am one of those call in and the CS willing to put $40/8GB plan to my line, and is ALL of my line (4 of them).
He even wavied the $10 fees.

That's my lucky day
Sep 9, 2014
420 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
I called in and spoke super polite. They transferred me to someone and he came back and offered me the desk for 50/8gb or 55/10gb
I asked him to call me back on Tuesday so I can decide as I have to go out of town for work.
I also called fido and they found my old number and offered me $50/15gb but they wanted to do a credit check. But soft credit checks affect credit score, so I said I will think on It.
Amy input on soft credit checks and effecting credit score? He said it would normalize in a few months
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
3403 posts
974 upvotes
Vaughan
cheapshopper wrote: you won't get $40/8GB plan, those are PM Migration plan. Haven't see anything that can match that since then
There were a couple of ppl getting it without it being a migration.
Either way, doesn't matter anymore since I ported to Fido for the $50/15gb winback offer.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
GaryS048 wrote: I called in and spoke super polite. They transferred me to someone and he came back and offered me the desk for 50/8gb or 55/10gb
I asked him to call me back on Tuesday so I can decide as I have to go out of town for work.
I also called fido and they found my old number and offered me $50/15gb but they wanted to do a credit check. But soft credit checks affect credit score, so I said I will think on It.
Amy input on soft credit checks and effecting credit score? He said it would normalize in a few months
Repeat after me: credit checks are not bad.

Unless you're signing up for credit cards or loans extensively, a soft or hard check will have no impact whatsoever.

People act like it's the apocalypse when the word credit check is mentioned.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)