Hot Deals

[Koodo] Loyalty Plans $50/8GB, $60/12GB, $70/15GB, $75/20GB + possible 1-2GB add-on (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2019 12:55 am
Tags:
Oct 19, 2016
101 posts
13 upvotes
ayo23 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 8:46 am
Check the first post.
I see the picture in the first post by OP, but I don't see unlimited calling etc. That is why I asked.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
3348 posts
487 upvotes
Vaughan
SudburyMan wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 8:56 am
I see the picture in the first post by OP, but I don't see unlimited calling etc. That is why I asked.
You say that but then you list things like texts and voicemail which are already in the picture.

Anyway....
Oct 19, 2016
101 posts
13 upvotes
ayo23 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 9:19 am
You say that but then you list things like texts and voicemail which are already in the picture.

Anyway....
Thank you - you were right, I just wanted confirmation it included all that prior to my call. I appreciate your response.
Oct 19, 2016
101 posts
13 upvotes
As an update, I called - I spent quite a bit of time on hold (30 minutes total phone call, ~25 on hold) but got the plan I wanted- $50 - 8gb plan. I did keep mentioning "my friend" recently received that deal and I wanted it to. The rentention lady had to "speak to her superior" in order to grant it, but she did. Great deal, thank you.
Last edited by SudburyMan on Oct 17th, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 22, 2017
100 posts
134 upvotes
toronto, ON
Thanks OP. I got the deal right away without asking for retentions or putting up any fuss. I just told the rep I read online they were offering a $60/12GB plan and asked if I could get it. She said she could and then I had to wait about 5 minutes on hold while she set it up, and that was that. I've been with koodo for about 2 years, always on BYOD. I churned a phone once on a new line with them back in January before the new rules.
Aug 1, 2009
191 posts
141 upvotes
Ontario
SudburyMan wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 10:11 am
As an update, I called - I spent quite a bit of time on hold (30 minutes total phone call, ~25 on hold) but got the plan I wanted- $50 - 8gb plan. I did keep mentioning "my friend" recently received that deal and I wanted it to. The rentention lady had to "speak to her superior" in order to grant it, but she did. Great deal, thank you.
I am calling them again, this time saying my friend in Sudbury got it earlier today. and asking loyalty to escalate it to their manager, I did not push it last time....
Aug 1, 2009
191 posts
141 upvotes
Ontario
I am on hold with Loyalty, they claim they do not have supervisors, their only manager is for development/admin not approving rate plans. They have a "Head Office", which is where he is trying to call now but he doubts with will approve rate plan requests. We will see I guess.

UPDATE: They said there is no way to apply the $50/8 GIG plan, the only thing they can do is the $60/12 GIG. Unless you are on a tab, it is impossible from their end to apply the $50 "promotion". He said there are no supervisors, or anyone else the call can be escalated to. -sigh-
Feb 9, 2010
167 posts
37 upvotes
Ontario, was on $60/10GB and they switched me to $60/12GB. The only "condition" was that I had to pay off my tab. That being said, I can get a new tab with this plan (I couldn't with the original $60/10GB).
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1145 posts
117 upvotes
Markham
Thanks, op. Koodo switched me over as well, no hassle, to the $60/12gb plan. I did mention the Fido BYOD plan-matching.

Also, I had to pony up an extra $10 admin fee to make this change but it's a one-time fee so I don't mind as much. Not sure if others got charged for calling in.
Sep 6, 2006
206 posts
90 upvotes
Spoke to Loyalty and switched both lines to $60/12gb + 1gb bonus permanently. Had to also pay the $10 change fee.
Oct 19, 2016
101 posts
13 upvotes
abirdd wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 11:52 am
I am calling them again, this time saying my friend in Sudbury got it earlier today. and asking loyalty to escalate it to their manager, I did not push it last time....
I am not on a tab (I am the guy from sudbury) - I had a BYOP plan and always have, never had a tab before with Koodo. They did initially claim they could do "$60 for 6 gb" and I said "No, I know you can do better as my friend just got the $50 8gb plan no longer than an hour ago. She then put me on hold and spoke with her superior and then gave me the plan. It was pretty hassle free for me tbh. My wife is going to try calling in today as well.

Edit: DId you call the phone number line in the Original Post? I did and scheduled a call back. I assume this is what you did opposed to calling a local store or something, Other than that I can't see why they can't give it to you. I have been with Koodo for ~3 years and always pay my bill on time.
Jul 28, 2014
13 posts
8 upvotes
Just got off a ~15min call initiated from callback from the virtual assistant. TLDR: Got 12GB/$60.

Initially the rep read off what I could access from self-serve, then I asked specifically about 12GB/$60 and 8GB/$50 for my second line. They asked me what the plan was and I replied both were loyalty plans. The rep said 12GB/$60 was only available for medium tabs, 8GB for $50 didn't exist, but I pressed that people were able to get 12GB/$60 without the tab. Put me on hold to "see what they could do" and came back successful for 12GB/$60. Didn't mention anything about the $10 charge and verbally verified that I still have the -$10 for 1 year promotion. Will check my account later.

Alberta customer since December 2018, 2 lines, always paid on time.
Sep 21, 2007
55 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton, Alberta
I just got the $50/8G as well, I just mention $50/8G plan straight to the retention agent, and he have no problem offering to me.
Oct 26, 2004
87 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes! Got $60/12GB. Set up the call back but the nice gentleman on the phone couldn't do it. So I asked for retentions and he transferred me to their support team and this second person did it within 30 seconds.
Mar 2, 2017
167 posts
14 upvotes
i only need call/text (ideally unlimited) under $13 (public mobile has something 100mins limit). any suggestions? koodo?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)