Cell Phones

Koodo Mobile - Cancel plan immediately?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 6:04 pm
Nov 12, 2011
545 posts
142 upvotes
Ontario
November 23: Black Friday promo live, got the iPhone 8 64 GB for $0 on a $360 Medium Tab, $45/month plan
November 24: Called in to cancel plan so I could pay off the $360 Tab and keep the phone
November 29: Got my Koodo statement on my self serve account total of $422 after tax.
Jul 5, 2004
23389 posts
2942 upvotes
Etabol wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 10:23 am
Opening any monthly cell phone plan requires a credit check. So it is a credit hit.
Applying for new credit isn't necessarily a credit hit though. Now doing it once a month would be, but if you only do it once per year, unless you already have poor credit, it likely won't affect your credit in any way. Your credit score is only one part of what institutions look at when deciding to lend you money.
Dec 19, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
willy156 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 3:34 pm
November 23: Black Friday promo live, got the iPhone 8 64 GB for $0 on a $360 Medium Tab, $45/month plan
November 24: Called in to cancel plan so I could pay off the $360 Tab and keep the phone
November 29: Got my Koodo statement on my self serve account total of $422 after tax.
Hi willy,
I ordered the iphone 8 online, but the ebill didn't show up yet in the self serve area; here is my timeline:
November 25: I ordered iphone 8 from the koodo website
December 4: Got the order shipment confirmation email
December 5: Got the device activation confirmation email and the phone was delivered
December 6: I set up the self serve account and right after I cancelled the service and received the service cancellation email.

I din't receive the final bill yet, and the ebill doesn't show up in the self serve billing area.
I'm attaching what appears when I'm logged in.
Is it normal that so much time is needed for the ebill to show up?
I really wouldn't like to miss the due date and end up with a late payment.
Thank you
Images
  • Capture.PNG
  • Capture2.PNG
Nov 12, 2011
545 posts
142 upvotes
Ontario
AndreaL87013 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 8:28 am
Hi willy,
I ordered the iphone 8 online, but the ebill didn't show up yet in the self serve area; here is my timeline:
November 25: I ordered iphone 8 from the koodo website
December 4: Got the order shipment confirmation email
December 5: Got the device activation confirmation email and the phone was delivered
December 6: I set up the self serve account and right after I cancelled the service and received the service cancellation email.

I din't receive the final bill yet, and the ebill doesn't show up in the self serve billing area.
I'm attaching what appears when I'm logged in.
Is it normal that so much time is needed for the ebill to show up?
I really wouldn't like to miss the due date and end up with a late payment.
Thank you
For me it was like that but I received my bill. Couple days later. It is now almost a month which is Wierd you haven't received it. My last day to pay a bill was on December 22 I think, so I think you should call Koodo and ask about your bill.
Dec 19, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
willy156 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 9:56 am
For me it was like that but I received my bill. Couple days later. It is now almost a month which is Wierd you haven't received it. My last day to pay a bill was on December 22 I think, so I think you should call Koodo and ask about your bill.
Do you know how much does it cost me to call from a phone of another carrier? Maybe I can request a call back...
If I visit a kiosk, they should be able to have access to my account to pay the final bill there, right?
Nov 12, 2011
545 posts
142 upvotes
Ontario
AndreaL87013 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 10:17 am
Do you know how much does it cost me to call from a phone of another carrier? Maybe I can request a call back...
If I visit a kiosk, they should be able to have access to my account to pay the final bill there, right?
I'm not sure how much it'd cost, I used my home phone to call Koodo to cancel my plan lol
I think visiting a kiosk is a bad idea. I've read from numerous people that the employees will try their best to prevent you from cancelling because they won't get commission sales
They make money once the customer is with the company for 90 days so they'll try their best to stop you from cancelling
Dec 19, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
willy156 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 12:40 pm
I'm not sure how much it'd cost, I used my home phone to call Koodo to cancel my plan lol
I think visiting a kiosk is a bad idea. I've read from numerous people that the employees will try their best to prevent you from cancelling because they won't get commission sales
They make money once the customer is with the company for 90 days so they'll try their best to stop you from cancelling
I already cancelled and I bought everything online so they are not going to get commissions sales anyway!
I already schedule a callback and the call will be free if just for asking info
Dec 19, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
If can be helpful... i talked with a Koodo rep and he told me that my billing cycle has started on Nov 27th, thus the final bill will be issued on Dec 27th and it will show up about three days after.
By the end of the year I should be able to close this procedure. He told me also that right now I'm entitled to receive a refund (even if I didn't pay anything except for the initial phone price :facepalm: ); he tried to manage it with the payment department but then he told that was impossible right now, before the final bill.
Can you confirm that in the final bill they will automatically take into account only the one or two days before cancellation? I really hope they are not going to consider the entire month to make me ask a refund afterward...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
3562 posts
1276 upvotes
Toronto
AndreaL87013 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 9:18 am
If can be helpful... i talked with a Koodo rep and he told me that my billing cycle has started on Nov 27th, thus the final bill will be issued on Dec 27th and it will show up about three days after.
By the end of the year I should be able to close this procedure. He told me also that right now I'm entitled to receive a refund (even if I didn't pay anything except for the initial phone price :facepalm: ); he tried to manage it with the payment department but then he told that was impossible right now, before the final bill.
Can you confirm that in the final bill they will automatically take into account only the one or two days before cancellation? I really hope they are not going to consider the entire month to make me ask a refund afterward...
Call back once you receive your bill to get it adjusted. They will have the date when you ported out and will be prorated.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1718 posts
77 upvotes
Just bought the wife a phone at Walmart on a Koodo small tab.
Her plan is with telus.
What's the cheapest way to leave and move the phone to her current Telus acct?

Thanks.
Nov 1, 2009
844 posts
225 upvotes
1. Get another sim other than Koodo
2. Port out
3. Profit (this where you move her Telus sim to the Koodo phone)

*Don't forget to pay your Koodo tab (watch for the final bill in the mail) to avoid collections.*
Last edited by jay-em on Dec 21st, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
8002 posts
1911 upvotes
6ix
Koodo $40/8GB
Bell Fibe 300 Mbps/100 Mbps Unlimited $25
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1718 posts
77 upvotes
Haven't done it for a couple of years. Just wanted to clarify the process thanks..
Nov 19, 2018
9 posts
9 upvotes
jay-em wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 8:06 pm
1. Get another sim other than Koodo
2. Port out
3. Profit (this where you move her Telus sim to the Koodo phone)

*Don't forget to pay your Koodo tab (watch for the final bill in the mail) to avoid collections.*
Hi just wondering can I view the final bill online and make a payment online as well?
Nov 10, 2013
930 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yinan0001 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 1:44 am
Hi just wondering can I view the final bill online and make a payment online as well?

I believe the moment you cancel/port out, the online account becomes impossible to login to. That was the case at least last time I have done it year ago.