[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2031 posts
2034 upvotes
Living the dream

Koodo Mobile offers you the same product for more than 2x the price

IMG-0230 copy.png
Does anyone else receive the $10 for 1GB vs. $22 for 1GB offer? I occasionally use up the data in my allowance and they always send me the same text. If I forget that I don't have LTE internet and attempt to use LTE internet, I'm redirected to a page where they try the same scam on me. Is this not a violation with CRTC? I would think it's at least a violation with Visa/Mastercard. I've been receiving this offer for over 2 years now at least every other month. I'm guessing I'm part of some experiment or it's because I signed up when the data was cheaper and I believe they no longer offer $10 for 1GB on other in market plans, but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I see the offer and I just wait until the next billing cycle until the data refreshes.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1047 posts
342 upvotes
I think it's time to review your plan & look for a plan with more data than you have now.
Then you won't have to worry about them sending you messages like this.
On the other hand at least Koodo has a decency to cut off your data (unlike other telecos) & ask you if you want to want to proceed.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16259 posts
6256 upvotes
Oakville
It's hilarious to me that every time there's an obvious screw up in a system, people decry it as a "scam" - this is clearly something messed up in Koodo's data overage system. If I had to guess? Most of their plans are now $10/100mb for overage data, so it looks this is a case of your plan having the old overage rate still, but the overage page not properly handling that scenario. Consider yourself lucky.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient