• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2016 10:30 am
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4254 posts
5605 upvotes
Muskoka

New Plans at Koodo - for the other provinces

Koodo has updated some of their plans for Ont, BC, Alta and other provinces that don't have special pricing.

This is very similar if not the same as what they had a month or so ago

All of these plans updates include 1000 mins International
1000 international LD minutes only available for new activations and upgrades. Includes calls to India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Italy, Mexico, Australia & Taiwan. 3

$40 - 500 MB + 500 MB BONUS Shock-Free™ 500 Canada-wide anytime minute
$50 - 1 GB + 1 GB BONUS Shock-Free™ 500 Canada-wide anytime minutes
$55 - 1 GB + 1 GB BONUS Shock-Free™ Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
$60 - 2 GB + 1 GB BONUS Shock-Free™ 1000 Canada-wide anytime minutes
$65 - 2 GB + 1 GB BONUS Shock-Free™ Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
$75 - 3 GB + 1 GB BONUS Shock-Free™ Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes

All qualify for Tab Medium if you are looking to get a new device
Public Mobile
33 replies
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
Wow.

Thank God I'm on the $48 MB/SK plan - I'd never pay the above for phone usage.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3300 posts
1040 upvotes
Alberta
Hmmmmm.

Now I'm torn...

$38/mo Public Mobile, 2 GB of data, province-wide calling only.
$50/mo Koodo, 2GB of data, 500 Canada wide minutes and 1000 LD minutes.

Are these the best 2 BYOD plans available?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9091 posts
4542 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
scouzer wrote: Hmmmmm.

Now I'm torn...

Read the reply right above yours...
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3300 posts
1040 upvotes
Alberta
ToniCipriani wrote:

Now I'm torn...

Not interested in going through the hoops for that plan.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
scouzer wrote:
ToniCipriani wrote:

Now I'm torn...

It was actually the easiest signup I've ever done, so I'm not sure why you believe it to be difficult.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39293 posts
6324 upvotes
Winnipeg
squadz wrote: Wow.

Thank God I'm on the $48 MB/SK plan - I'd never pay the above for phone usage.
woah you too? I'm on the $40 SK plan but I actually have a legit SK address.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3300 posts
1040 upvotes
Alberta
squadz wrote:
scouzer wrote:
ToniCipriani wrote:
It was actually the easiest signup I've ever done, so I'm not sure why you believe it to be difficult.
How is going to Koodo store then doing all the steps that we aren't allowed to name here (RFD rules) easier than 1 click order online?
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
scouzer wrote:
squadz wrote:
scouzer wrote:

How is going to Koodo store then doing all the steps that we aren't allowed to name here (RFD rules) easier than 1 click order online?
Because all you do at the Koodo store is sign up for any Ontario plan then go home and do the 1 click order online.

It's pretty simple, but I'm not forcing you to do it. Just doesn't make sense to me that someone would choose not do it because of a time investment, especially considering how much better of a plan it is for the same price plus the savings it could provide to others not on the plan.

Blows my mind - these people will then complain about how expensive their monthly bills are.
Feb 9, 2014
86 posts
312 upvotes
Just upgraded from $40 to $40 plan ( Extra 500 GB !! woot - Woot ) . Thanks OK
Oct 21, 2015
634 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Have been perfectly happy with my Fido $15 for 3G plan + free Fongo voip.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4100 posts
2979 upvotes
Kitchener
Kinda glad that WIND is just alright in my area. Why is it everyone outside of MB/SK gets hosed? $75 for 4GB?

Just signed up for the FIDO tablet plan a couple weeks ago, $15 for 3GB.

Anyway, I digress
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27420 posts
6791 upvotes
scouzer wrote:
squadz wrote:
scouzer wrote:

You are free to name the steps here. For the amount of money you'd save, it doesn't seem like much hassle, IMO
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6472 posts
2364 upvotes
Mississauga
squadz wrote:
scouzer wrote:
squadz wrote:

Because all you do at the Koodo store is sign up for any Ontario plan then go home and do the 1 click order online.

It's pretty simple, but I'm not forcing you to do it. Just doesn't make sense to me that someone would choose not do it because of a time investment, especially considering how much better of a plan it is for the same price plus the savings it could provide to others not on the plan.

Blows my mind - these people will then complain about how expensive their monthly bills are.
You tell 10 ppl about this plan and probably 1 will actually do it... Ppl are just lazy... Btw, I'm on this plan too...lol
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3300 posts
1040 upvotes
Alberta
Ducky wrote:
squadz wrote:
scouzer wrote:

You tell 10 ppl about this plan and probably 1 will actually do it... Ppl are just lazy... Btw, I'm on this plan too...lol
It's also skepticism this plan will stick around. I know it's been around a couple years but all good things come to an end eventually.

It's pretty high profile now that it's made the news.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3300 posts
1040 upvotes
Alberta
Shaner wrote:
scouzer wrote:
squadz wrote:

You are free to name the steps here. For the amount of money you'd save, it doesn't seem like much hassle, IMO
Oh really? Thought the details were culled from the thread here. Well then, if anybody else is reading and wondering (I didn't write this obviously):

To get started here are the steps you will need to follow:
1) Go to any local Koodo Store / Kiosk.
2) Ask for a MB # (Being Specific with city name helps) with the cheapest Month-to-Month (Post-Paid) plan (If they do not give MB#, get a local # for ON/BC/AB)
3) Do not insert the SIM into your phone (if you absolutely must, then you can use it, I recommend just completing the process first)
4) Go home, sign up for Self-Serve account using the same email address you provided them at sign up / log into your Self-serve account.
5) If you got the MB# then wait until next billing cycle (usually 4-9 Days -- can check online in your account*)
-- If you got a ON / BC / AB #, change your # online to a MB (Click on Self Serve -- Phone Services -- Change Number)
6) On 1st Day of your billing cycle log in to self serve account - Change plan to $48 MB (Click on Self Serve -- Phone Services -- Change my plan)
7) Wait 24 hours**, Port - In your #. (Click on Self Serve -- Phone Services -- Change Number)

*It helps to have it show "Manitoba" in the top right corner on the website.
** Waiting 24 hours after changing your plan to port in your # saves you from getting double-billed ($48 for the MB# + $48 for the # you port in), Its nothing bad as the system will automatically adjust for it NEXT month or you can call in to Koodo and their helpful staff will be happy to assist you, but why bother them when you don't have to?.

What do you require to Port in?
- Account #
- PIN on the account If there is one (You can call in your current carrier / network to get this information).
- Account holder name (w/ previous carrier that you are porting from and yes you can port in from a account that was under someone else's name -- simply explain the relationship in the additional info box provided on the site)

How long does the Port in Process take? Any glitches?
- Usually takes 5 minutes but it can take as long as 24 hours (Extremely rarely to take that long but all will work out as long as it does not give you any error messages when you click Submit for the port in-request). If you do run into a problem, you can always call Koodo customer service and request assistant but I would request that you gather the required info first and take your time.
- Sometimes your incoming calls may not work right away or your Voicemail may still forward to your previous carrier, this resolves within 24 hours at most on its own -- don't panic.
Mar 12, 2014
93 posts
99 upvotes
TORONTO
What is this bonus shock free data? Is that just an extra bandwidth or is there some catch?
Jan 23, 2014
93 posts
49 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
So how would this work if you already have one phone on this plan and would like to add another. I mean when you sign up they must see that you have an account already with the 48$ plan so does that put you at risk and do they question that or do they just mind their business and sign you up for another local number?
Oct 30, 2015
86 posts
116 upvotes
Vancouver
I remember going to one of the Koodo kiosks and asking for a QC number in that $34 plan with 1Gb of Data Unlimited calls/text. I've never had a problem and my Billing address is BC, but I know that's not technically legal.

Now I'm thinking, maybe I should get this $50 plan and live worry free. :)
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24644 posts
8655 upvotes
Toronto
scouzer wrote:
Shaner wrote:
scouzer wrote:

Oh really? Thought the details were culled from the thread here. Well then, if anybody else is reading and wondering (I didn't write this obviously):

To get started here are the steps you will need to follow:
1) Go to any local Koodo Store / Kiosk.
2) Ask for a MB # (Being Specific with city name helps) with the cheapest Month-to-Month (Post-Paid) plan (If they do not give MB#, get a local # for ON/BC/AB)
3) Do not insert the SIM into your phone (if you absolutely must, then you can use it, I recommend just completing the process first)
4) Go home, sign up for Self-Serve account using the same email address you provided them at sign up / log into your Self-serve account.
5) If you got the MB# then wait until next billing cycle (usually 4-9 Days -- can check online in your account*)
-- If you got a ON / BC / AB #, change your # online to a MB (Click on Self Serve -- Phone Services -- Change Number)
6) On 1st Day of your billing cycle log in to self serve account - Change plan to $48 MB (Click on Self Serve -- Phone Services -- Change my plan)
7) Wait 24 hours**, Port - In your #. (Click on Self Serve -- Phone Services -- Change Number)

*It helps to have it show "Manitoba" in the top right corner on the website.
** Waiting 24 hours after changing your plan to port in your # saves you from getting double-billed ($48 for the MB# + $48 for the # you port in), Its nothing bad as the system will automatically adjust for it NEXT month or you can call in to Koodo and their helpful staff will be happy to assist you, but why bother them when you don't have to?.

What do you require to Port in?
- Account #
- PIN on the account If there is one (You can call in your current carrier / network to get this information).
- Account holder name (w/ previous carrier that you are porting from and yes you can port in from a account that was under someone else's name -- simply explain the relationship in the additional info box provided on the site)

How long does the Port in Process take? Any glitches?
- Usually takes 5 minutes but it can take as long as 24 hours (Extremely rarely to take that long but all will work out as long as it does not give you any error messages when you click Submit for the port in-request). If you do run into a problem, you can always call Koodo customer service and request assistant but I would request that you gather the required info first and take your time.
- Sometimes your incoming calls may not work right away or your Voicemail may still forward to your previous carrier, this resolves within 24 hours at most on its own -- don't panic.
Actual it is easier now. As squadz mentioned....just go into your local Koodo store and get any ONT plan (get cheapest rate plan)..

Everything else you can do online yourself....