Cell Phones

Koodo now offering VoLTE

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2019 7:43 pm
Tags:
Aug 21, 2016
465 posts
164 upvotes
I don't understand why this has been available on Telus for the s8 for ages but still not on Koodo. How difficult could it possibly be to roll out on Koodo if they've done all the work for it on Telus?
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11211 posts
10057 upvotes
Kootenays
fern54 wrote: I don't understand why this has been available on Telus for the s8 for ages but still not on Koodo. How difficult could it possibly be to roll out on Koodo if they've done all the work for it on Telus?
Not difficult at all, but it's not what the marketing people want. They want you on the "premium" network with premium plans and premium prices.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1968 posts
1573 upvotes
510 represen'
At my previous company, there was one corner on each floor that was an absolute dead spot for cell reception. Luckily the wifi signal was extremely strong, so anyone who had wifi calling could continue their voice service uninterrupted. That is the big advantage I see to having wifi calling.

A side benefit of having wifi calling is not having to worry about roaming charges while abroad. You'll get free voice and SMS service anywhere a wifi hotspot exists.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
arkane wrote: At my previous company, there was one corner on each floor that was an absolute dead spot for cell reception. Luckily the wifi signal was extremely strong, so anyone who had wifi calling could continue their voice service uninterrupted. That is the big advantage I see to having wifi calling.

A side benefit of having wifi calling is not having to worry about roaming charges while abroad. You'll get free voice and SMS service anywhere a wifi hotspot exists.
Telus/Koodo wifi calling doesn't work outside Canada unlike Fido, Freedom and Rogers. Only way to get around it is VPN and use Canadian servers
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1968 posts
1573 upvotes
510 represen'
casperr wrote: Telus/Koodo wifi calling doesn't work outside Canada unlike Fido, Freedom and Rogers. Only way to get around it is VPN and use Canadian servers
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Typical Canadian carriers lol
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1656 posts
543 upvotes
Can anyone let me know if their wifi calling is working on iPhones on 12.2? My wifi calling hasn't turned on at all since I updated to 12.2...
Jan 13, 2006
136 posts
70 upvotes
Coquitlam
EH15 wrote: Can anyone let me know if their wifi calling is working on iPhones on 12.2? My wifi calling hasn't turned on at all since I updated to 12.2...
Mine seems to work fine.