Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

"Now's the time to Gift Yourself" - extra 3GB/mth - $10, extra 10GB/mth - $15 (YMMV - TARGETED)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2019 8:48 pm
Jun 2, 2010
703 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
U4LIFE wrote: Does anyone know if telus has any deals like this?
TELUS had it back in October: telus-mobility-telus-mobility-data-offe ... v-2230446/

I haven’t heard of any TELUS data offer after that.
Now: TELUS Unlimited 120GB 5G+ (up to 2Gbps) x 2 = 240 GB shared data
Old: Rogers Infinite Premium 5G+ (up to 1Gbps) Canada+US 100 GB x 2 + 15 GB bonus = 215 GB shared
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1880 posts
1820 upvotes
Maple leafs
Chewfam wrote: Koodo is Telus Smiling Face With Open Mouth but probably not

Plus it's really only targeted to individuals who never go over or have probably never gone over data.
I know koodo is telus, what I mean is has anyone seen offers from various text codes from telus.
Jun 2, 2010
703 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
Chewfam wrote: Plus it's really only targeted to individuals who never go over or have probably never gone over data.
You could be right. I always come close (but never too close) to my data limit with TELUS. TELUS did give me the 3GB and 10GB offers back in October.
Old: Rogers Infinite Premium 5G+ (up to 1Gbps) Canada+US 100 GB x 2 + 15 GB bonus = 215 GB shared
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
3111 posts
3201 upvotes
repatch wrote: Not sure where that's coming from. I have never gone over my data and got the deal, my wife has gone over and didn't get the deal.
.... That's what I said.
No politics in sigs - mods
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
3111 posts
3201 upvotes
TheNightOwl wrote: You could be right. I always come close (but never too close) to my data limit with TELUS. TELUS did give me the 3GB and 10GB offers back in October.
I'm 95% sure I'm correct not just from my own experiences but from posters of this thread and the few previous data offer threads.

We have 4 Koodo lines (4 different accounts) with my account being the oldest (all 4 are on the same plan) and I'm also the only one that goes over data.
My other 3 lines received the offer but I didn't. Confused Face
Jun 2, 2010
703 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
repatch wrote: Not sure where that's coming from. I have never gone over my data and got the deal, my wife has gone over and didn't get the deal.
TELUS/Koodo know your wife goes over and probably doesn’t want to lose the data overages she is paying and will pay in the future.

As for you and me who don’t go over, they want to make more money each month by selling us a data add-on.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
Well, both my wife and I are on the same $40 plan (migrated from Public).
I received this offer back in October and then in December, but it never came to my wife. We both never go over the data allowance.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
3111 posts
3201 upvotes
TheNightOwl wrote: TELUS/Koodo know your wife goes over and probably doesn’t want to lose the data overages she is paying and will pay in the future.

As for you and me who don’t go over, they want to make more money each month by selling us a data add-on.
Sounds about right.

This is what I posted earlier in this thread.
Chewfam wrote: This is the demographic they probably target. People who never actually go over but are willing to pay extra for extra gb's.
People who go over will always go over and pay overages regardless.

Win/win for Koodo. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1880 posts
1820 upvotes
Maple leafs
TheNightOwl wrote: You could be right. I always come close (but never too close) to my data limit with TELUS. TELUS did give me the 3GB and 10GB offers back in October.
Do you recall what number they were sent from?
776-5?
Jun 2, 2010
703 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
terry0703 wrote: Well, both my wife and I are on the same $40 plan (migrated from Public).
I received this offer back in October and then in December, but it never came to my wife. We both never go over the data allowance.
Approximately how much data do you use and how much does your wife use each month?
May 5, 2016
535 posts
547 upvotes
I bit the bullet on this one and kind of regretting it. The PM migration plan with 6GB was just about enough for me, there was only one month in which i ran out of data, and that was on the last day. This is despite lots of streaming, the only advantage with 16GB so far for me is i can watch Youtube and not have to choose the lowest quality. I'll keep the add on for a couple of months and see if i'm actually going past 6GB consistently, if not i can always cancel the add on.
Jun 2, 2010
703 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
U4LIFE wrote: Do you recall what number they were sent from?
776-5?
Yes, that is the number TELUS sent the text from.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
TheNightOwl wrote: Approximately how much data do you use and how much does your wife use each month?
I actually don't go over 3GB unless I watch youtube on my public transit commute. Even the data in the basic plan is an overkill.
My wife? probably not even 2GB.
Jun 2, 2010
703 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
terry0703 wrote: I actually don't go over 3GB unless I watch youtube on my public transit commute. Even the data in the basic plan is an overkill.
My wife? probably not even 2GB.
Interesting. Your wife uses so little data that they known there’s almost no chance of her buying a data add-on. But your YouTube sessions on public transit make you a possible data add-on customer.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
TheNightOwl wrote: Interesting. Your wife uses so little data that they known there’s almost no chance of her buying a data add-on. But your YouTube sessions on public transit make you a possible data add-on customer.
Yeah, makes me wonder why I even received the 2nd offer in December. After summer I actually didn't watch youtube on public transit (rather read books/stuff, or listened to music) and it's been 2.xGB in Nov and Dec.
I was thinking of removing the add-on.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1459 posts
629 upvotes
Canada
terry0703 wrote: For people who received the text, the offer is still valid (even though it says 'expires on Dec 31').
I just texted back 'DATA' and it added another 10GB in my account...I removed the add-on though, as I already have 10GB/$15 add-on from previous offer. Already 8GB+10GB = 18GB, can't even consume half of the data allowance in a month.
I don't think addon is prorated so you'll likely pay the full $15 even when you cancelled immediately.

I also received the offer for the second time but didn't bother adding since I'm going to remove the first one soon. At $49 for 12GB, it's a good rate plan, but still not worth keeping for something I don't use.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
tntdeal wrote: I don't think addon is prorated so you'll likely pay the full $15 even when you cancelled immediately.

I also received the offer for the second time but didn't bother adding since I'm going to remove the first one soon. At $49 for 12GB, it's a good rate plan, but still not worth keeping for something I don't use.
it's actually prorated. it said I will be charged for $2, for Jan. X - Jan. X
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1459 posts
629 upvotes
Canada
terry0703 wrote: it's actually prorated. it said I will be charged for $2, for Jan. X - Jan. X
Ah, good to know it's not that bad.
Nov 27, 2008
235 posts
271 upvotes
domulet wrote: Same thing happened to me but easy fix to call into customer service and have them added. Tell them the date you received the text and they can quickly look it up on your account.
I did the same to get this resolved. I also got a text from them tonight:
Koodo: Your attempt to get a data add-on from December 27 to 31, 2018 was not processed due to technical difficulties. The problem has been fixed so please try again. Reply ADD to get 3GB of additional data for only $10/month or reply DATA to get 10GB of additional data for only $15/month. Offer extended until January 7, 2019.
So for those that didn’t call in to resolve it, it should work now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)