Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

*Possible HOT deal YMMV* $39/month for 10gb data with unlimited talk & text [$25 talk & text plan + $14 add-on 10gb]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 11:21 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes
I got the text on mine or my daughters line, can't remember and deleted the message a while ago. How does one check.
Oct 27, 2012
643 posts
511 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: I got the text on mine or my daughters line, can't remember and deleted the message a while ago. How does one check.
You can try texting anything (other than ADD or DATA) to 5188. If you're eligible it'll say something along the lines that it doesn't recognize the command and will show the offer again.
Oct 27, 2012
643 posts
511 upvotes
jaksdj22 wrote: I did the same thing by reply DATA and got the text back that I got the 10GB ADD ON but it doesn’t show 10GB data in the self serve add on section. is it same to anyone ?
Try logging out and logging back in. That's what did it for me.
May 27, 2015
123 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Got the plan with 10 gb add on :) nice even sweeter than 40 /8gb PM plan!
Feb 1, 2017
500 posts
842 upvotes
We certain they won't delete the add-on next billing cycle? I know virgin mobile required you to have at least 1gb in your plan to have data add-ons and would delete it it you didn't.
Sep 30, 2009
199 posts
85 upvotes
brampton
FML. Oh well I’ll just ride the $25 plan with no data and see how long I can manage. Maybe I’ll get the next promotional text. Who knows

Supertrash17 wrote: No. We just did that to get the $25 plan (which you got by calling in). The difference is that we had already received the promo text from Koodo several days ago. If you didn't get that text, it doesn't matter what you do you are not eligible.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
Isn’t a8 better than the a5 for the same price?

Edit: tab balance is more for a8
Last edited by jeeva86 on Jul 21st, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
burgerj wrote: FML. Oh well I’ll just ride the $25 plan with no data and see how long I can manage. Maybe I’ll get the next promotional text. Who knows
$25 plans aren't targeted with 10GB for $14 or $15 add-on deals. They also aren't targeted with 9GB for $13 add-on deals.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
Weird, for me texting anything to any of the numbers won’t give me any form of response, received these offers in the past
Sep 30, 2009
199 posts
85 upvotes
brampton
This round they are not. But who know what will change in the next month. Better plans. Better offers?

Dahlya wrote: $25 plans aren't targeted with 10GB for $14 or $15 add-on deals. They also aren't targeted with 9GB for $13 add-on deals.
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
burgerj wrote: This round they are not.
I was told by a Koodo supervisor in Quebec that $25 plan holders won't be receiving them.

I speculate that this is more likely to happen:
Last edited by Dahlya on Jul 21st, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
burgerj wrote: FML. Oh well I’ll just ride the $25 plan with no data and see how long I can manage. Maybe I’ll get the next promotional text. Who knows
I also thought of doing this but honestly it's not worth the hassle of signing up in hopes that maybe one day Koodo texting me a promo for data add-on. I will just wait til another hot deal comes along. I too am a Koodo outsider looking to join on this deal but its just not happening. If anyone knows of migration plans offered by Koodo currently, please advise.
Jan 8, 2008
228 posts
95 upvotes
Any issue if you have an existing tab and switch?
Jul 20, 2019
8 posts
7 upvotes
Never got the text. I tried calling customer service, however they wouldn't offer it to me. I've been a customer with them for over 6 years, and never missed a payment. *sigh*
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2106 posts
3926 upvotes
Surrey
lsafrany wrote: Any issue if you have an existing tab and switch?
Existing tab need to paid off first in order to switch via online method. Not sure phoning in
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
3117 posts
1665 upvotes
Jeez the entitlement is unreal. It's clearly a targetted offer.
Oct 24, 2013
291 posts
585 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
Worked for me. 10GB for 39 instead of 6GB for 40. Plus P30 Lite for $120 net if credit works otherwise 240 :-)
stillmatic11 wrote: I can confirm that lyh_chnxm's method works perfectly.

Process:

1. Receive Koodo Promo text. If you did not receive an Add-On promo text from Koodo, you will not be able to get this.
2. Add a new phone to your current line. Pick one of the CPO phones that are offering a $120 Bill Credit on Tab Small. The Samsung Galaxy A5 is probably your best bet in terms of value.
3. At Check-out, switch your plan to the $25 Unlimited Talk and Text
4. Agree to pay off remaining Balance off any Tabs you currently have.
5. After the switch has been confirmed, go back and reply to your original promo text
6. Check your Self Serve Account and you should have the $25 plan listed along with 10 gb in Add On Data and your Koodo Tab should also be updated as well with whatever balance you now owe on it from the phone you bought.

Note: The $10 per month Bill credit for the year is not listed anywhere on the Self Serve, but I believe in the past when I have had credits on Koodo that they just get applied to your bill each month. Worst case scenario, you don't get the credit and can just consider selling the phone to offset the tab costs.
Oct 15, 2015
242 posts
879 upvotes
BC
ryokoseigo wrote: We certain they won't delete the add-on next billing cycle? I know virgin mobile required you to have at least 1gb in your plan to have data add-ons and would delete it it you didn't.
This is exactly my concern too. I got the text but decided to stay with the $40\8gb plan due to fear that they either raise the $25 plan or force u to add data in order to keep the add-on.
Nov 23, 2018
321 posts
642 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Rudeepoo wrote: This is exactly my concern too. I got the text but decided to stay with the $40\8gb plan due to fear that they either raise the $25 plan or force u to add data in order to keep the add-on.
Me too. I think the deal is more like a bug abuse and I am wondering if they can fix it by doing what you just wrote.

I currently pay 35$ for 3GB with a medium tab (not that good but not that bad either with the new rates in QC). The new minimal medium tab is 55$ for 9GB so idk if I want to take the risk. :/