Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] *Possible HOT deal YMMV* $39/month for 10gb data with unlimited talk & text [$25 talk & text plan + $14 add-on 10gb]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2019 2:15 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3545 posts
548 upvotes
Hamilton
TENSEVEN wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 11:13 am
Manager lied... I clicked on it and there was no such condition.

So I ended up just returning the phone since they won't honour the bill credits...
See where it says 'sweet deal this offer includes'
At the bottom right??
There's a small number '1' right next to the word includes??
Click on that and it should have the fine print there.
Can't do it from a screen cap obviously.
I didn't read it myself. Manager says terms are in there.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1131 posts
174 upvotes
The "Nitty Gritty" fine print pops up after clicking on "1" and it did not mention needing a $50 plan anywhere at the time.

What I think happened is Koodo likely forgot to add the $50 plans and up stipulation which was there on the previous offer. Still pretty scummy IMO that they are refusing to honour it. It just probably isn't worth fighting too hard for given that most of us are pretty happy to be on this plan now.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16603 posts
6470 upvotes
Oakville
sidshock wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 1:09 pm
See where it says 'sweet deal this offer includes'
At the bottom right??
There's a small number '1' right next to the word includes??
Click on that and it should have the fine print there.
Can't do it from a screen cap obviously.
I didn't read it myself. Manager says terms are in there.
That "1" is the 1 in the Nitty Gritty from the screen capture. But the key wording on that promo was "Up to" $120. And elsewhere on the site where the promo was advertised, it actually specified that it was for $50 and up plans.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3545 posts
548 upvotes
Hamilton
wearysky wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 5:03 pm
That "1" is the 1 in the Nitty Gritty from the screen capture. But the key wording on that promo was "Up to" $120. And elsewhere on the site where the promo was advertised, it actually specified that it was for $50 and up plans.

Well I long gave up on that 120.
Im good with the plan. Sold the phone for a little more than it cost me.
So all good. I figure I won more than half that battle :)
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11070 posts
2014 upvotes
For those not getting the $120 credit, you just need to escalate to the manager.

I had to do it for both lines and they were reluctant to do it first.

1) they said some bs then eventually caved and said there was an error on the website
2) they said the "$10 promo" can only be applied to either to the $25 promo plan or the tab, which is BS and then talked to the "special case team"

both times i needed to mention escalate to the presidents office or file a report to ccts
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Jan 2, 2018
392 posts
329 upvotes
sexyj wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 1:45 pm
For those not getting the $120 credit, you just need to escalate to the manager.

I had to do it for both lines and they were reluctant to do it first.

1) they said some bs then eventually caved and said there was an error on the website
2) they said the "$10 promo" can only be applied to either to the $25 promo plan or the tab, which is BS and then talked to the "special case team"

both times i needed to mention escalate to the presidents office or file a report to ccts
lol yikes, glad I just returned mine now