• Sep 4th, 2018 2:43 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1574 posts
1302 upvotes

[Koodo] Public Mobile to Koodo $25 for 1GB (or 3GB) + $120 bill credit! YMMV

Just got a message from PM for a targeted offer on my account. Great plan for those who want to pay the bare minimum and still have data.
It IS compatible with a TAB SMALL. BYOD doesn't work currently, I don't know if that's a glitch or if it's not going to work at all.
The email says "MAY be eligible for $0 phone with the Koodo tab" so I'm assuming the plan was supposed to be BYOD

Im currently on the $30 500MB plan with Public Mobile

Plan Details:
1GB LTE Data
Unlimited Canada Wide Talk
Unlimited International Text
Voicemail
Caller ID
$25/month.

Promo code is JOINKOODO251 if you'd like to test it.
Expiry shows Aug 21 but it might be extended since that's around back to school promos.
I activated the Public Mobile line on Apr 12

There is also a $20 unlimited talk and text plan available. Promo code JOINKOODO20TT

EDIT:
So I just tested it on the Koodo site and it looks like theres also a $120 bill credit. ($10/month for 1 year) so half your tab is paid off if you get it on the tab small!
Im not sure if the $10 credit applies to BYOD since BYOD doesn't currently work but maybe we'll find out in a day or two

EDIT2:
So far the only plan that is known to work on this promo is the $30 500MB plan activated before July 2018

EDIT3
EXTREME YMMV but I called into Koodo today and told them Walmart and I'm assuming other retailers have a promo where you get $10 off + 2GB data for additional lines. They added $0 2GB addon so I have 3GB for $25 now.
Images
  • image.jpg
  • wow.png
Last edited by NavieM on Aug 23rd, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin, Bell customer.
125 replies
Aug 12, 2015
102 posts
36 upvotes
Concord, ON
just tested it, doesn't work with BYOD or medium tab. Small tab is required.
My PM account doesn't qualify though.

Edit: For those who do qualify, Huawei P20 with small tab seems like a good phone as you are paying the same as medium tab ($510) and only $30 more than large tab ($480).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1574 posts
1302 upvotes
victor158128 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 1:15 am
just tested it, doesn't work with BYOD or medium tab. Small tab is required.
My PM account doesn't qualify though.

Edit: For those who do qualify, Huawei P20 with small tab seems like a good phone as you are paying the same as medium tab ($510) and only $30 more than large tab ($480).
I wonder if its the same issue as the $45 8GB plan where BYOD was messed up for a bit
Mar 17, 2017
15 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary, AB
So I've been a koodo customer for 4 years and I'm still on a puny 100MB data w/ unlimited text and talk canadawide @ $30. How the **** do I get these?

Cancel my koodo account and switch to PM and wait for an offer? Or can you do it like telus/shaw where you can contact their retention number and see if I can get this deal directly?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1574 posts
1302 upvotes
kyzhuchan wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 1:27 am
So I've been a koodo customer for 4 years and I'm still on a puny 100MB data w/ unlimited text and talk canadawide @ $30. How the **** do I get these?

Cancel my koodo account and switch to PM and wait for an offer? Or can you do it like telus/shaw where you can contact their retention number and see if I can get this deal directly?
Retentions can give you some okay plans but nothing like the migration plans. You'll have to start a PM line and then just wait for an offer before the end of the quarter (end of sept). They're gonna be trying hard to get customers to port over around then.

There's tons of deals on PM plans right now at WM/WOW mobile and London Drugs
Dec 25, 2017
453 posts
395 upvotes
YMMV for sure, didn't qualify... :(

I don't get any of these texts, wonder if I'm just unlucky... Someone in my family would have definitely signed up.
Oct 14, 2017
51 posts
8 upvotes
wow this plans amazing
16-year-old with $30, time to visit RedFlagDeals.
Oct 7, 2009
587 posts
257 upvotes
Toronto
OP
Is there an expiry date on this promo ?
Also, hold long have you been with PM to qualify for this ?
Would recently joined PM lines qualify for this ?
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
10634 posts
13252 upvotes
Montreal
kyzhuchan wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 1:27 am

Forget retention, they won't do it, called them Saturday morning, been a customer for 7 years, they wouldn't budge so switched to PM,
Now I await offers and if they don't come I don't care, I'll stick to PM
Oct 28, 2012
276 posts
49 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Why is PM still accepting new customers only to offer them great plans to switch to Koodo? Doesn't make any sense at all. Can someone try an explanation?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
23104 posts
9546 upvotes
Ottawa
taskmasta wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 8:59 am
Why is PM still accepting new customers only to offer them great plans to switch to Koodo? Doesn't make any sense at all. Can someone try an explanation?
PM is not offering plans to migrate, it's Koodo.
Jul 18, 2018
33 posts
25 upvotes
taskmasta wrote:
It's a Marketing decision to migrate customers from Public Mobile to Koodo to boost their quarterly reports.
Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $40/4.5GB
Public Mobile $40/4.5GB
Jun 26, 2007
519 posts
257 upvotes
Tazuwan wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 9:02 am
It's a Marketing decision to migrate customers from Public Mobile to Koodo to boost their quarterly reports.
This is exactly the sort of thing that proves to me that marketing departments are frequently overstaffed. Most companies could get buy with only a few people as their entire marketing department.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13487 posts
2222 upvotes
taskmasta wrote:
Keeping PM around gives the impression of "competition" in the cell phone market. Locking people into a contract (aka "tab") at Koodo generates more guaranteed revenue.

Same reason why people on prepaid are given offers to switch to postpaid.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Oct 7, 2009
587 posts
257 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder why Koodo pre-paid doesn't get similar promos like Public Mobile does. I have 2 koodo pre-paid lines and would love to switch both to this plan if possible.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)