Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Locked: QC only - BYOD or Tab Small/Medium - Unlimited Talk & Text + 6 GB for $49/month is back

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 4:20 am
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Koodo] QC only - BYOD or Tab Small/Medium - Unlimited Talk & Text + 6 GB for $49/month is back

QC $49/month plan is back. I believe the loophole is still there. Jump on it when it's available.

5 GB + 1 GB BONUS Shock-Free™ data
Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)
Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling
Additional data $5/100 MB
Last edited by RobinHou on Jul 20th, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
For those of you outside QC looking for instructions on how to sign up, there is a detailed set of instructions (with a detailed FAQ) here: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php/ ... -in-Canada
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep getting questions about this and I have no problem helping people out but I'm not on RFD very often to reply to the messages.
For the specific purpose of quicker responses to help you out, I created a Discord server
Feel free to join here: https://discord.gg/b3rkXCP

- DeltaSingh
947 replies
Mar 3, 2017
148 posts
151 upvotes
KW
Good to see it's back. I had some friends asking me how to get in on this, but the previous promo had expired.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2572 posts
2826 upvotes
Also valid for Tab Small & Tab Medium... so its not only a BYOD
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
torontokris wrote: Also valid for Tab Small & Tab Medium... so its not only a BYOD
Thanks, title changed.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2572 posts
2826 upvotes
Also $50 in refer-a-friend bonus is available till August 8th.
So the new customer and referrer both get $50 in bill credits.
Aug 30, 2012
191 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal. But it only targets Quebec. Crying Face
Mar 19, 2010
318 posts
38 upvotes
Great deal. Got it couple of months back as an Ontario customer :)
Koodo Customer
Oct 6, 2007
306 posts
94 upvotes
Vaughan
I don't mind having a QC area code. Can I put an ON address to sign up? Or do I have to put a QC address?
Jul 18, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone have the instructions handy on how to get this in ON?
Jul 18, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
Has anyone done it yet? Can someone confirm it still works ?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5147 posts
1069 upvotes
did this during the last promo works easy especially since there is no requirement for a CSR everything can be done via self-serve. Its been 2 months now and service is great if not better than my previous corp line with Rogers.

I only had a $25 signup bonus at the time so a $50 is definitely a good bonus for referral signup.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2572 posts
2826 upvotes
Sign up with an Ontario/Alberta or BC phone number (has to be one of those 3) and your true address. Atlantic number etc wont work for the porting
(or IF they let you - ask for a quebec number (will help) or if your really lucky ask for that plan directly - but probably wont happen anymore).
Get the cheapest plan available in post-paid (not pre-paid)
Change your number to Quebec number (if not already)

Wait till next billing cycle (normally 4-7 days.. ask the retailer when your billing date is or it should be on your bill)
Change Plan to promo plan
Wait 24 hours (not mandatory but avoids you getting charged 2 months service right away)
Port in your Ontario number over the Quebec number (if your with Koodo now you need to port out even to pre-paid then back in)

Also see Koodo refer a friend bonus so both you and the current koodo customer can get $50 off in bill credits
https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg

Note from Koodo site...
"Rate plan available for Quebec residents only. Subscribers who move to another province will be migrated to a rate plan available in that province with similar services at the monthly rate plan then available."
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2010
1016 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto
torontokris wrote: Sign up with an Ontario/Alberta or BC phone number (has to be one of those 3) and your true address. Atlantic number etc wont work for the porting
(or IF they let you - ask for a quebec number (will help) or if your really lucky ask for that plan directly - but probably wont happen anymore).
Get the cheapest plan available in post-paid (not pre-paid)
Change your number to Quebec number (if not already)

Wait till next billing cycle (normally 4-7 days.. ask the retailer when your billing date is or it should be on your bill)
Change Plan to promo plan
Wait 24 hours (not mandatory but avoids you getting charged 2 months service right away)
Port in your Ontario number over the Quebec number (if your with Koodo now you need to port out even to pre-paid then back in)

Also see Koodo refer a friend bonus so both you and the current koodo customer can get $50 off in bill credits
https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg

Note from Koodo site...
"Rate plan available for Quebec residents only. Subscribers who move to another province will be migrated to a rate plan available in that province with similar services at the monthly rate plan then available."
Someone should definitely make this the thread summary because the last thread had the step by step instructions totally buried.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
I added the HoFo thread link to the summary, but for those that missed it, go here to see detailed instructions/FAQ on how to get these plans outside of QC: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php/ ... -in-Canada
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1182 posts
1223 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Am I the only one who gets better reception with Fido as opposed to Koodo? I was a Koodo customer for 2+ years on that plan, but inside of buildings the data was absolute garbage. I could barely access a webpage most of the time. Switched back to Fido and the data is great inside buildings. Maybe Koodo is better for overall coverage, but I need data inside of buildings also.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2016
1605 posts
2295 upvotes
DreamSanctuary wrote: Am I the only one who gets better reception with Fido as opposed to Koodo? I was a Koodo customer for 2+ years on that plan, but inside of buildings the data was absolute garbage. I could barely access a webpage most of the time. Switched back to Fido and the data is great inside buildings. Maybe Koodo is better for overall coverage, but I need data inside of buildings also.
I don't know where you're located but sounds like it could be somewhere far from a tower.

Fido is owned by Rogers and the same network. Rogers is known for better signal penetration. But Telus (owns Koodo) is the better network overall for coverage and speeds.
Jul 18, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
Was just at Wal-Mart, tried to create and activate a SIM on a Quebec promo/number and was told that "they can't activate a Quebec promo in ontario, I need to wait until I get to Quebec to set it up, it's a legislation thing"

Can anyone speak to this, or advise how to talk them into doing it ?

Advise me oh wise deal makers lol
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
3361 posts
1108 upvotes
mjacobs12 wrote: Was just at Wal-Mart, tried to create and activate a SIM on a Quebec promo/number and was told that "they can't activate a Quebec promo in ontario, I need to wait until I get to Quebec to set it up, it's a legislation thing"

Can anyone speak to this, or advise how to talk them into doing it ?

Advise me oh wise deal makers lol
Read Post #12 and the thread summary.
Jun 18, 2015
570 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shopping_princess wrote: I don't mind having a QC area code. Can I put an ON address to sign up? Or do I have to put a QC address?
you don't need an address to sign up.
Jan 3, 2017
139 posts
319 upvotes
illicit wrote: Rogers is known for better signal penetration.
Nonsense, nothing comes anywhere close to Bell when it comes to coverage, speed and penetration in the province of Quebec. Telus not only shares its towers but also the spectrum with Bell after a brief period of exclusivity so you'll always have better service with Koodo over Rogers/Fido.