Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Locked: QC only - BYOD or Tab Small/Medium - Unlimited Talk & Text + 6 GB for $49/month is back

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 4:20 am
Nov 7, 2017
170 posts
150 upvotes
kellmike626 wrote: This has been gone over a few times in this thread. Actually, more than I'd like to admit.

This happens because you have not waited for your billing cycle to complete. When you sign up for postpaid, you start on a prorated cycle. You have to wait for the new billing cycle to commence, THEN you can attempt to change your plan to a QC plan, THEN port over your ON number.

Do not call in to do any of this, because they will have red flags going through their heads like no tomorrow.
I recently moved from states and this is all new to me. I'm trying to get best bang for the buck.

And I thought we can change the number first and then wait for billing cycle to change the plan and port the number.

Now I have done this. Am I screwed or just wait for the billing cycle to start and then proceed.

Thanks for your help.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2016
1607 posts
2298 upvotes
Jerriethemaster wrote: I recently moved from states and this is all new to me. I'm trying to get best bang for the buck.

And I thought we can change the number first and then wait for billing cycle to change the plan and port the number.

Now I have done this. Am I screwed or just wait for the billing cycle to start and then proceed.

Thanks for your help.
Don't worry you'll be fine. Many have been able to change to QC number and plan the day they sign up (me included). You wait a few days for a new billing cycle to start and then you port your ON number in.
Nov 7, 2017
170 posts
150 upvotes
illicit wrote: Don't worry you'll be fine. Many have been able to change to QC number and plan the day they sign up (me included). You wait a few days for a new billing cycle to start and then you port your ON number in.
Can you tell me where exactly I go to in self serve to port the On number I have. And I have not changed the plan yet so that will be done on billing cycle commencing date.
Nov 7, 2017
170 posts
150 upvotes
PartyOn wrote: Thanks everyone..I am good with the referral for now
I have changed the numbers to QC and will be changing plans and porting numbers on 17th Nov . Is it late to do referrals?

I have two lines in my account and want to use referral for the second line to get 50bucks.
Jul 28, 2016
144 posts
176 upvotes
Got the plan, now i'm waiting to set up my pre-paid number (in-province) and port over the number. Anything I should know before I do it?
Nov 11, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
looking to change to Koodo as a cell phone provider in the next few days. I'm not in a hurry though, and was wondering if I should wait until Black Friday to see if there will be other competitive deals. should I be holding out until then?

thanks for the advice.
Oct 30, 2013
191 posts
175 upvotes
Edmonton
Phew. My new billing cycle date finally came and I successfully changed my plan and ported my phone number over. My 10 days of worrying are over!

I was the first person that had issues changing to a QC number through self-serve, so I hastily bought a Koodo pre-paid and activated it with a QC number right away. Immediately after, I realized that I could still change it through a workaround on self-serve. You can see my tale of woe on pages 50/51. So if anyone outside of ON/BC/AB wants to take that prepaid account and phone number off my hands for half off, PM me!

I really am glad that I finally got it done. Now let's hope my account doesn't get audited!
Dec 25, 2014
89 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CC1994 wrote: Got the plan, now i'm waiting to set up my pre-paid number (in-province) and port over the number. Anything I should know before I do it?
Hi
DId youget the new plan via self serve after the new billing cycle or you call in to change the plan?
Jan 13, 2013
157 posts
148 upvotes
AURORA
Update as of Nov 12, 17.

One of my referrals messaged me today and informed me that he has successfully ported in his ON number.

So I guess the loophole is still loopable and void.

Please don't delay a single day if you'd like to take advantage, as Koodo is working on a fix to this every single day.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
icyyicee wrote: Update as of Nov 12, 17.

One of my referrals messaged me today and informed me that he has successfully ported in his ON number.

Please don't delay a single day if you'd like to take advantage, as Koodo is working on a fix to this every single day.
I just switched to the Quebec plan /ported in my number yesterday so it's still working. But like you said, who knows for how long so I wouldn't wait. Was gonna wait and see what was offered for black friday deals but it wasn't worth the risk if this loophole gets closed
Jan 20, 2012
559 posts
494 upvotes
LONDON
icyyicee wrote: Update as of Nov 12, 17.

Honestly, if they truly wanted to close it, they would have done it back with the SK/MB loophole closures over a year ago. Maybe this is their way of trying to scare enough people into signing up with Koodo. Kind of like a bait.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Jul 28, 2016
144 posts
176 upvotes
PartyOn wrote: Hi
DId youget the new plan via self serve after the new billing cycle or you call in to change the plan?
Self-serve. Does that matter?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
I have a normal QC number and I tried to get Koodo to price match Virgin Mobile.

The lady said to wait until Friday because they were going to "get some amazing deals".

Virgins not going to take them off before Friday that's for sure. Going to see if it stacks with the free extra GB for students.

9gb for $49 is pretty competitive to the rest of the world I'd say
Aug 3, 2004
157 posts
91 upvotes
Uh oh, just tried signing up, but looks like they may have finally closed the loophole? signed up as ontario post paid and then went to the self service site to change number, but it now only lets you choose ontario #s. and says "call us if you are changing provinces." any ideas?
Aug 3, 2004
157 posts
91 upvotes
hvwozq wrote: Yeah, read the previous pages.
doh, foot in mouth. going back to re-read for what I've apparently missed.
Apr 10, 2017
479 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
Data overages now are $7/100MB.
not that it matters much. Shock Free Data anyway but for people who did not know FYI.

5 GB + 1 GB BONUS Shock-Free™ data
Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
Call Display
Voicemail
Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling
Call Waiting and Conference Calling
Additional data $7/100 MB
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)
Apr 10, 2017
479 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
OP's post says $5/100MB.
hvwozq wrote: "now" :lol:
Nov 7, 2017
616 posts
498 upvotes
123.jpg
1234.jpg
Sneaks wrote: any ideas?
I can see all provinces

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)