Hot Deals

[Koodo] QC only - BYOD or Tab Small/Medium - Unlimited Talk & Text + 6 GB for $49/month is back

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 10:34 pm
Oct 8, 2012
883 posts
183 upvotes
Vic
Thread should be moved to expired deals, the deal is dead.
Jan 13, 2013
49 posts
26 upvotes
AURORA
kevdanga wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 12:09 am
Thread should be moved to expired deals, the deal is dead.
negative, you can still switch number to QC by logging in to self serve, and pasting this link onto your browser's address bar: https://secure.koodomobile.com/selfserv ... rChange.do

If error message occurs, try clicking "track repair device" first, then paste the above link in.
Apr 28, 2014
104 posts
10 upvotes
Loo
icyyicee wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 12:15 am
negative, you can still switch number to QC by logging in to self serve, and pasting this link onto your browser's address bar: https://secure.koodomobile.com/selfserv ... rChange.do

If error message occurs, try clicking "track repair device" first, then paste the above link in.
Sorry, your session has expired. Please return to the main page and login again. Thank you.

Désolé, la durée de votre session est expirée. Veuillez retourner à la page principale et ouvrir une autre session. Merci.
Oct 24, 2017
7 posts
41 upvotes
but you can't port in your ON number. I tried clicking on change number and nothing shows up on the screen. Best option might be to live with the QC number (and plan) or maybe try calling Koodo to port in your ON number
Jul 28, 2016
16 posts
1 upvote
X4xtraordinary wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 12:36 am
Sorry, your session has expired. Please return to the main page and login again. Thank you.

Désolé, la durée de votre session est expirée. Veuillez retourner à la page principale et ouvrir une autre session. Merci.
I got the same result. My account's new so...maybe I have to wait for the next billing cycle?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9870 posts
2321 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
ninjasmilez wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 12:55 am
but you can't port in your ON number. I tried clicking on change number and nothing shows up on the screen. Best option might be to live with the QC number (and plan) or maybe try calling Koodo to port in your ON number
Can still do it, just takes some fast clicking. I did one on Friday.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Aug 28, 2017
90 posts
140 upvotes
So glad I did this a few months ago...

any chance they kick us off the deal if we did it in the past?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2057 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
Rocko24 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:42 am

They do internal audit sometimes.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless & Home phone, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9870 posts
2321 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Rocko24 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:42 am

There's always a chance. But if they do:
1) you could try to fight it with the CCTS, since you honestly entered into a good faith agreement with them that they are choosing to break. They have an internal policy about residency requirements and they never enforced residency, only area code which they allowed you to override. Also, none of that was a part of the actual agreement with you, any more than the Bay having a One Day Sale but allowing you to get the sale price the next day .
2) Even if they kicked you and won the CCTS decision, the best case outcome for them is that they completely lose roughly 2/3 of the customers they kick off the plan. Once removed, you are free to shop around, so best case is 1 out of 3 stays and the other 2 end up on Bell and Rogers. Likely an ever higher number leaves because of Koodo pulling a dick move.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Oct 24, 2017
7 posts
41 upvotes
ceredon wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 8:52 am
Can still do it, just takes some fast clicking. I did one on Friday.
yea can't do it anymore. I have been trying since Sunday. I think the only option to port an ON number to the QC number would be to give Koodo a call.
Jul 1, 2008
117 posts
10 upvotes
After multiple attempts with talking to different Koodo Customer reps, I was finally able to move ON# to QC# with $49 plan
Now whats next, How do I port my ON# or get a new ON#?

I tried
1. Find a new number:
Results in "Oops! You can only change your phone number once per billing cycle." [Next billing cycle is on 28 Nov; don't want to wait for that long]
2. Transfer your phone number:
Takes me to old Koodo page but "Change Number" is just white page
I don't have an option to transfer number as well

Should I be calling Koodo Customer Care or should I talk to someone from BestBuy/Walmart Wireless to get me ON# on top on QC Plan?
Apr 3, 2008
55 posts
6 upvotes
desaib wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 1:54 pm
After multiple attempts with talking to different Koodo Customer reps, I was finally able to move ON# to QC# with $49 plan

I tried
1. Find a new number:
Results in "Oops! You can only change your phone number once per billing cycle." [Next billing cycle is on 28 Nov; don't want to wait for that long]

Should I be calling Koodo Customer Care or should I talk to someone from BestBuy/Walmart Wireless to get me ON# on top on QC Plan?
I would say, if you call them to port your ON number on top of a QC plan, most likely they will see what's going on and either change ur plan, or won't help you.
Rogers Corp350+6GB
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
11096 posts
1420 upvotes
Markham
desaib wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 1:54 pm

I tried
1. Find a new number:

only Koodo can do it
BestBuy/Walmart Wireless can't do porting for you
80TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 60TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
40TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
11TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2012 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro / 6TB HP Mediasmart EX 485

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

MBPMAN