Hot Deals

[Koodo] QC only - BYOD or Tab Small/Medium - Unlimited Talk & Text + 6 GB for $49/month is back

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 1:47 pm
Jul 1, 2008
117 posts
10 upvotes
Keigotw wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:15 pm
only Koodo can do it
BestBuy/Walmart Wireless can't do porting for you
Walmart Wireless was able to port my Koodo number to Chatr and create a new account for me in Koodo.
He even told me "so you getting QC Plan" and did not bother because he was providing ON# with ON Plan

I will talk with them later today and see if they can port Chatr number back to this new account which now has QC Plan
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
11123 posts
1431 upvotes
Markham
desaib wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:23 pm
Walmart Wireless was able to port my Koodo number to Chatr and create a new account for me in Koodo.
He even told me "so you getting QC Plan" and did not bother because he was providing ON# with ON Plan

I will talk with them later today and see if they can port Chatr number back to this new account which now has QC Plan
You were with Koodo and ported to Chatr? you won't be able to port back right away
you should have ported to Koodo prepaid, which has been mention many times.
80TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 60TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
40TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
11TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2012 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro / 6TB HP Mediasmart EX 485
Jul 1, 2008
117 posts
10 upvotes
Keigotw wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:33 pm
You were with Koodo and ported to Chatr? you won't be able to port back right away
you should have ported to Koodo prepaid, which has been mention many times.
I missed that part :(
Do we know how long should I be waiting to port chatr# back to Koodo?
Is 24 hrs enough
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9881 posts
2326 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
ninjasmilez wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:15 am
yea can't do it anymore. I have been trying since Sunday. I think the only option to port an ON number to the QC number would be to give Koodo a call.
Yea I was told the same on hofo last week. And then it worked for me.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2122 posts
863 upvotes
Muskoka
What is the current Koodo referral at - and if it is at $50, when does that expire
Jul 1, 2008
117 posts
10 upvotes
spotts01 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 3:02 pm
What is the current Koodo referral at - and if it is at $50, when does that expire
Yes it's $50
Jan 20, 2012
147 posts
32 upvotes
LONDON
Guys, @X4xtraordinary 's instructions work perfectly, I just changed the ON number to QC. Not all hope is lost!

1) Login to Koodo Self Serve
2) Go to Mobile Services > Track Phone Repair
3) Copy and paste the following link into your browser after doing Step 2: https://secure.koodomobile.com/selfserv ... rChange.do
4) Pick your QC Number
5 Now you wait, like I am now :)

TIPS:
- Do these steps in order and it'll work, unless they patch it in the near future.
- If you get "Page has expired", you're doing it wrong. Try again, and follow the steps in order.
- When you Click "Track Phone Repair", you may see a tab that says "Change Number" to the left of the screen. DO NOT click that, only copy and paste the link, otherwise it will redirect you to Koodo's new layout and you'll have to start over.
Apr 9, 2009
294 posts
260 upvotes
Calgary
I got my friend referal denied. I got my referal on Oct 19. Went to wow mobile and signed up for $28 plan the 20th.
Changed my number to Quebec number on 21st.
Ported my number over on the 30th, luckily right before tjey fixed the loophole.

Got an email on November 2, stating that my referal from my sister was denied.

Hi *********,

Your referral by ************ to Koodo Refer-a-Friend was not eligible because the unique customer details provided by the person who received the referral did not match an eligible account.

Not sure if it had anything to do with them closing the loophole right around that time as well.
Mar 20, 2008
734 posts
103 upvotes
kellmike626 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 3:12 pm
Guys, @X4xtraordinary 's instructions work perfectly, I just changed the ON number to QC. Not all hope is lost!

3) Copy and paste the following link into your browser after doing Step 2: https://secure.koodomobile.com/selfserv ... rChange.do
4) Pick your QC Number

TIPS:
- Do these steps in order and it'll work, unless they patch it in the near future.
- If you get "Page has expired", you're doing it wrong. Try again, and follow the steps in order.
- When you Click "Track Phone Repair", you may see a tab that says "Change Number" to the left of the screen. DO NOT click that, only copy and paste the link, otherwise it will redirect you to Koodo's new layout and you'll have to start over.
Isn't there an issue in porting over ON number over QC #?
Jan 20, 2012
147 posts
32 upvotes
LONDON
nirajshah7 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 3:31 pm
Isn't there an issue in porting over ON number over QC #?
My guess is there will be a bit of an issue using the new interface. Some have said they had success if they click the "Submit" button at the right moment. Another workaround I was thinking of is if someone can come up with a similar link like the one that @X4xtraordinary posted, but to port your number, not change it. I dunno, maybe I'm being far fetched here, but I think it could work.
Jul 28, 2016
16 posts
1 upvote
kellmike626 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 3:12 pm

4) Pick your QC Number

TIPS:
This worked for me, thanks a ton!
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
11123 posts
1431 upvotes
Markham
desaib wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:41 pm
I missed that part :(
Do we know how long should I be waiting to port chatr# back to Koodo?
Is 24 hrs enough
nope
If you port-out to another provider, you cannot port-in for 30 days.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... romo-plans
80TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 60TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
40TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
11TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2012 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro / 6TB HP Mediasmart EX 485
Nov 9, 2005
774 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
torontokris wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 1:52 pm
Sign up with an Ontario/Alberta or BC phone number (has to be one of those 3) and your true address. Atlantic number etc wont work for the porting
(or IF they let you - ask for a quebec number (will help) or if your really lucky ask for that plan directly - but probably wont happen anymore).
Get the cheapest plan available in post-paid (not pre-paid)
Change your number to Quebec number (if not already)

Wait till next billing cycle (normally 4-7 days.. ask the retailer when your billing date is or it should be on your bill)
Change Plan to promo plan
Wait 24 hours (not mandatory but avoids you getting charged 2 months service right away)
Port in your Ontario number over the Quebec number (if your with Koodo now you need to port out even to pre-paid then back in)

Also see Koodo refer a friend bonus so both you and the current koodo customer can get $50 off in bill credits
https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg

Note from Koodo site...
"Rate plan available for Quebec residents only. Subscribers who move to another province will be migrated to a rate plan available in that province with similar services at the monthly rate plan then available."
Also, once you have the account set up with the QC rate plan out of province, don't call Koodo for anything and don't add another line.

I made a mistake by attempting to create a second line for my wife under the same account and they straight up said "We notice that you have a Ontario number associated with your current line on the account and will need to move it to an in market plan..." Doh!
Apr 28, 2014
104 posts
10 upvotes
Loo
Newpunk wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 4:37 pm
Also, once you have the account set up with the QC rate plan out of province, don't call Koodo for anything and don't add another line.

I made a mistake by attempting to create a second line for my wife under the same account and they straight up said "We notice that you have a Ontario number associated with your current line on the account and will need to move it to an in market plan..." Doh!
So one wouldn't be able to use small or medium tab on 2 yr contract?
Nov 28, 2011
5 posts
I went to "Mobile Services" via Self-Serve tonight.
Next clicked on "Track Phone Repairs" and let it load.
Then clicked on "Change number" and the webpage loads correctly to the old interface where I can see options to change a new (out-of-province) phone#/port in a number.

Didn't go anywhere further because I don't need to change my number right now. Maybe someone else can confirm.