Hot Deals

[Koodo] QC only - BYOD or Tab Small/Medium - Unlimited Talk & Text + 6 GB for $49/month is back

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 10:34 pm
Nov 7, 2017
12 posts
1 upvote
Hey there,

I recently migrated from States last week and looking to get two lines for my wife and I. Would you be able to help set me up with this deal. This is all new to me.

Note: I have a brother in law in SK and he can get Sk plans for us but not sure if we can port in ON number( which I will get if thats possible)
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3038 posts
289 upvotes
Mississauga
bobitto wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:13 pm
Don't know how seasonal hold works. As I wrote I bought Sim at BestBuy with ON number few days ago and changed it once I left the store. So I had QC number before those issues with not working links were coming up. My new billing cycle started today. Yesterday and few day before that I also started to worry about porting and plan change, because I tried all solutions posted here and was getting blank page in selfserve or message "wait 90 days". Right after midnight I used Tor browser to log in, and firstly I checked whether "number transfer" function works. It worked, so I was able to port my number. Otherwise I would just cancel my 28 cad plan. I went back and changed my plan to 6GB plan. Got an email about plan changed and after 5-7 minutes went back on number transfer page. Pressed submit few times and got a greetings message from koodo in 20-25 minutes.
So the order to do this is to get a Quebec number on the cheapest plan first and then wait till billing cycle and then see if the number transfer is available.
If it is, change the plan to the desired one first and then once that's set, port the number over?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3038 posts
289 upvotes
Mississauga
I am already with Koodo postpaid. Can I do the following?

Open new line in my account, change it to QC number in self-serve.
Port out my current number to prepaid(cancels 1st line), get new line on the new plan and then port my original number over the new line?

Or it's better to open a new account and then do QC number change/plan and then port in?
Jan 15, 2006
39 posts
2 upvotes
I was just looking into trying to get this plan. On the Koodo QC plan page I noticed the fine print , and it states "5. Rate plan available for Quebec residents with Quebec area codes only. Subscribers moving to another province will be transferred to an applicable rate plan for that location." Is porting number considered the same as moving? Anyone have experience with this?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9872 posts
2322 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
mackiee wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 2:33 pm
I was just looking into trying to get this plan. On the Koodo QC plan page I noticed the fine print , and it states "5. Rate plan available for Quebec residents with Quebec area codes only. Subscribers moving to another province will be transferred to an applicable rate plan for that location." Is porting number considered the same as moving? Anyone have experience with this?
Interesting. I don't remember that clause being there before. I wonder how much it really matters though.

1) They clearly don't enforce the residency part. Most people are signing up with their real addresses and their system allows picking the Quebec plan.
2) They don't say that changing your number will result in being moved, yet since they ignore address for this plan all they can be going on is number. It says nothing about what happens if your number changes.

Again, they may intend to only offer this for Quebecers, but they allow it for everyone, regardless of address. Address does not matter at all. If they tried to take my plan, I would argue to the CCTS that it is no different than The Bay having a One Day Sale but allowing me to buy the goods at sale price a day before or a day after. If they allow it, then that's the agreement we entered into. And they allowed it.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Dec 27, 2007
625 posts
218 upvotes
ceredon wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 2:46 pm
Interesting. I don't remember that clause being there before. I wonder how much it really matters though.

1) They clearly don't enforce the residency part. Most people are signing up with their real addresses and their system allows picking the Quebec plan.
2) They don't say that changing your number will result in being moved, yet since they ignore address for this plan all they can be going on is number. It says nothing about what happens if your number changes.

Again, they may intend to only offer this for Quebecers, but they allow it for everyone, regardless of address. Address does not matter at all. If they tried to take my plan, I would argue to the CCTS that it is no different than The Bay having a One Day Sale but allowing me to buy the goods at sale price a day before or a day after. If they allow it, then that's the agreement we entered into. And they allowed it.
That rate plan disclaimer has been there for a long time...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9872 posts
2322 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
torontokris wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:38 am
That rate plan disclaimer has been there for a long time...
I recall seeing it on the plan details, as a bullet point. I don't recall seeing it in the small print nor claiming that customers that move will have the plans changed.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Nov 7, 2017
12 posts
1 upvote
I can get SK number from Koodo ( brother lives in SK). Can I then go online self serve and change it to ON number?

Note: I just moved from States to ON and don't have any Canadian number so I have to buy one from Ontario anyways.

Should I follow this route,

1. Get ON koodo post paid number from in store.
2. Go Online self serve using SK number and port the ON number on top of Sk number if possible?

OR

follow the thread from OP's and get it done that way.

Any help is appreciated.
Nov 13, 2009
456 posts
201 upvotes
Ajax
Jerriethemaster wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:21 pm
I can get SK number from Koodo ( brother lives in SK). Can I then go online self serve and change it to ON number?

Note: I just moved from States to ON and don't have any Canadian number so I have to buy one from Ontario anyways.

Should I follow this route,

1. Get ON koodo post paid number from in store.
2. Go Online self serve using SK number and port the ON number on top of Sk number if possible?

OR

follow the thread from OP's and get it done that way.

Any help is appreciated.
I believe number porting for Saskatchewan plans is not possible
It is best to get a Quebec plan and port the number yourself
Nov 7, 2017
12 posts
1 upvote
mohammedessam wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:34 pm
I believe number porting for Saskatchewan plans is not possible
It is best to get a Quebec plan and port the number yourself
So I get postpiad number from ON .

Also, buy another prepaid line as I dont have Canadian number to port into.

Transfer postpaid line to QC number.

Then port the prepaid line over the QC number and I am all done.

Am I missing or doing something wrong?
Nov 13, 2009
456 posts
201 upvotes
Ajax
Jerriethemaster wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:42 pm
So I get postpiad number from ON .

Also, buy another prepaid line as I dont have Canadian number to port into.

Transfer postpaid line to QC number.

Then port the prepaid line over the QC number and I am all done.

Am I missing or doing something wrong?
Try to get a QC number if possible (try Walmart)
If they don’t give you a QC number then get an ON number , go home and change it to a QC number then change your plan to this plan then go and get a prepaid ON number from any carrier and port it to this line
Don’t do the porting until you have this plan
Nov 7, 2017
12 posts
1 upvote
mohammedessam wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:49 pm
If they don’t give you a QC number then get an ON number , go home and change it to a QC number then change your plan to this plan then go and get a prepaid ON number from any carrier and port it to this line
Thank you. Will try it today in the evening.
Nov 7, 2017
12 posts
1 upvote
mohammedessam wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:49 pm

Hey,

I got two postpaid lines and two prepaid ones.
Went to Track my repair,

Then change the number to Quebec.

Now will wait for first billing day of the cycle which is on 16th. then change plans to desired one.

Now on that day, port in the Prepaid ON number on top of that QC number? And how would I do that using self serve?

Appreciate and much thanks in advance.
Jan 5, 2012
34 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
I got a message from Koodo that the referals are doubled now until November 20th, 50$ for both. I wonder if it is targeted or it is for anyone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)