Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

QC only - Unlimited Talk & Text + 8 GB for $56/Month or 6 GB for $49

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2018 3:02 am
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1211 posts
135 upvotes
Markham
deadsea wrote: FYI....This promo is now over. Next best thing available from Koodo is 6 GB plan with Unlimited Talk/Text for $49. Also, Fido has a Quebec promo of 8 GB with Unlimited talk/text + Unlimited International Text.

Hope this helps.
I was able to jump on the 6gb deal, thanks to your notification.

Worked like a charm and now I'm on Koodo!
Oct 6, 2008
273 posts
110 upvotes
GTA
how long do you usually have to stay on hold? I've been trying to activate a sim for over an hour...
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
johnsaver wrote: I was wondering if I can go online and sign up for the Quebec plan on the koodo website? Would the sim card ship to my Ontario address?

After all it says your shipping address must match your billing address and my credit card has my Ontario address down. Was wondering if this would work so I can skip the step of getting rejected at the koodo booth and having to wait till the end of the billing cycle.
RFDers have tried, but if memory serves they'll let you sign up for the QC number online, but when they ship it out to you they'll assign you a number appropriate to your shipping/billing address.
Sep 2, 2014
142 posts
127 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Just wondering if it's still possible to get the Quebec plan. I have the page set Quebec and when I select "find new number" I only get Ontario towns showing on the list. Have I missed a step?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
CRDave2014 wrote: Just wondering if it's still possible to get the Quebec plan. I have the page set Quebec and when I select "find new number" I only get Ontario towns showing on the list. Have I missed a step?
It seems as though Koodo has caught on to this - my buddy was trying to change his number to an AB number to get some cheaper taxes, but couldn't. Same issue, only Ontario towns showing up.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
CRDave2014 wrote: Just wondering if it's still possible to get the Quebec plan. I have the page set Quebec and when I select "find new number" I only get Ontario towns showing on the list. Have I missed a step?
wearysky wrote: It seems as though Koodo has caught on to this - my buddy was trying to change his number to an AB number to get some cheaper taxes, but couldn't. Same issue, only Ontario towns showing up.
Click transfer number instead
Last edited by donutz01 on Dec 5th, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love RFD! :)
Sep 2, 2014
142 posts
127 upvotes
Brampton, ON
@yo2boy Thanks so much. Worked like a charm. Now wait to change my plan. Wow...this takes a lot of patience...lol
Jun 12, 2010
13 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I might have screwed this up, but I already activated a new Koodo account (bought a Koodo phone from WOW) during black friday and couldn't change to quebec plan during the initial billing cycle. I got a message saying I had to wait til the next billing cycle. The next billing cycle has arrived, and I can't choose a quebec plan unless I have a quebec number which I can do if I transfer the number instead. However, before submitting there is a prompt/pop up saying that I won't be able to make a rate plan change during this billing cycle using e-care - and if I wanted to I would need to contact Koodo.

My question is, if I go through with the 'transfer number' making it a quebec number am I going to have to wait another 30 days before attempting to change to a quebec plan or could I change immediately once the transfer processes. I fear I might miss out on the plan by then. Is there any work around?
Dec 6, 2017
0 posts
I'm also confused, what about for Telus? My ON number is currently on Telus post-paid, all I need to do now is port to Koodo. Do I have to port out to another carrier? Or I guess port out to Telus prepaid (I have to see if that's an option)?
Mar 3, 2017
149 posts
153 upvotes
KW
milligrams12 wrote: I might have screwed this up, but I already activated a new Koodo account (bought a Koodo phone from WOW) during black friday and couldn't change to quebec plan during the initial billing cycle. I got a message saying I had to wait til the next billing cycle. The next billing cycle has arrived, and I can't choose a quebec plan unless I have a quebec number which I can do if I transfer the number instead. However, before submitting there is a prompt/pop up saying that I won't be able to make a rate plan change during this billing cycle using e-care - and if I wanted to I would need to contact Koodo.

My question is, if I go through with the 'transfer number' making it a quebec number am I going to have to wait another 30 days before attempting to change to a quebec plan or could I change immediately once the transfer processes. I fear I might miss out on the plan by then. Is there any work around?
When I originally signed up for Koodo back in April, I changed my number to QC and selected the plan I wanted within a few minutes of each other. I had to wait about a week before it would let me port in my ON # from Bell.
anonymousshadow wrote: I'm also confused, what about for Telus? My ON number is currently on Telus post-paid, all I need to do now is port to Koodo. Do I have to port out to another carrier? Or I guess port out to Telus prepaid (I have to see if that's an option)?
You should be able to port directly to Koodo, after you've gotten a QC # and the plan you wanted of course. Then just port in your Telus #.
May 11, 2002
364 posts
11 upvotes
If I have an Ontario with a Quebec plan, can I do a tab large using the Quebec plan? If I have the province selected as Quebec, the $54 plan qualifies for tab large, but if your province is Ontario, it doesn't qualify for tab large. My question is has anyone added a tab large to their account that has a quebec plan with an ontario number?
Dec 15, 2009
287 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
If I get a phone on Tab large on Ontario plan and then switch to a QC plan - do I have to pay off my tab balance right away?
Apr 19, 2017
127 posts
26 upvotes
I signed up to koido .
Got the quebec plan and number in the first week.
Now i want to set up pre payment but i get an error say "The name and address on your credit card has to match our files"

Why cant i use my credit card to set up prepayment???
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2006
1429 posts
1128 upvotes
Alberta
Bertiebigboss wrote: I signed up to koido .
Got the quebec plan and number in the first week.
Now i want to set up pre payment but i get an error say "The name and address on your credit card has to match our files"

Why cant i use my credit card to set up prepayment???
Did you use your actual address when you setup your account to get the Quebec plan? If not then change your address to your actual address. If you used a made up address in Quebec that will also show up on your credit report as Koodo reports it.
I have 3 lines with Quebec plan but with my actual address and have no issues.