Cell Phones

Koodo Refer-a-Friend $50 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2018 3:49 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
brucele wrote: Please do not ask for referrals in thread.

Koodo has doubled the referral to $50 for limited time.

Good for those churning new phones.
Nothing to churn unfortunately.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
Guys I was supposed to get a $100 referral credit during the transition from Public Mobile, but they only credited me $25. Do any of you know of the best way to take this up with them? I'm guessing I have to call in? I just hate the long hold times with Koodo. Plus I don't know the name of the person who referred me, it was an RFD member. Thoughts?
Jan 4, 2009
307 posts
153 upvotes
Calgary
SickBeast wrote: Guys I was supposed to get a $100 referral credit during the transition from Public Mobile, but they only credited me $25. Do any of you know of the best way to take this up with them? I'm guessing I have to call in? I just hate the long hold times with Koodo. Plus I don't know the name of the person who referred me, it was an RFD member. Thoughts?
Did you activate online or in-store?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22160 posts
10325 upvotes
Toronto
No more referral credits for seasonal hold either :(

From the T&C: Subscribers that are on seasonal hold are not eligible to receive the referral credit. If the line is put on seasonal hold within 90 days of activating, the bill credit will be charged back to both their account and the account of the person who referred them.
Jan 4, 2009
307 posts
153 upvotes
Calgary
SickBeast wrote: Online.
Send a request to their referral team. There's a contact form on the referral site. The normal customer service line doesn't usually deal with referrals.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
aznhulk wrote: Send a request to their referral team. There's a contact form on the referral site. The normal customer service line doesn't usually deal with referrals.
Thanks.
Jan 4, 2009
307 posts
153 upvotes
Calgary
SickBeast wrote: Thanks.
Also, if they don't give you the extra credit for whatever reason, threaten a CCTS complaint as you fulfilled the conditions. But see what they say first.

Did you get the approval emails stating $100 credit?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
aznhulk wrote: Also, if they don't give you the extra credit for whatever reason, threaten a CCTS complaint as you fulfilled the conditions. But see what they say first.

Did you get the approval emails stating $100 credit?
Yes, I got the email showing $100. But they credited me $25.
Jul 16, 2003
74 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
DragOnT wrote: Are there any good Koodo plans available to new signups?
I don't know of any now, but you can try asking them to match a friend's plan.
Back in Nov 2016 when Fido did a Black Friday sale and carriers were scrambling to match, I called in and got the retention plan $48/mo 5GB unltd sms/mms/voice Canada-wide. I had to escalate it to a third person as the first two denied this possibility, but eventually got to a supervisor who made it really easy, and I'm still on this plan. It's not as good as the Public Mobile offer, but I'm happy with it. PM for my account # / name and update here whether it worked for you.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
DragOnT wrote: Are there any good Koodo plans available to new signups?
Koodo Quebec plans remain the best "can get it every day" deal available for folks in Ontario. It's a pain in the ass to get it, and there's a VERY slim chance of getting kicked off it (in which case you just have to do the loophole again), but you won't find a plan anywhere close to it (right now - 10GB for $56 and large table eligible) in Ontario.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Koodo Quebec plans remain the best "can get it every day" deal available for folks in Ontario. It's a pain in the ass to get it, and there's a VERY slim chance of getting kicked off it (in which case you just have to do the loophole again), but you won't find a plan anywhere close to it (right now - 10GB for $56 and large table eligible) in Ontario.
Is it possible to get the $56 10GB plan during a visit in Montreal and using the relative's address?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
embguy wrote: Is it possible to get the $56 10GB plan during a visit in Montreal and using the relative's address?
No need - there's a loophole to get it without committing fraud by giving a fake address: https://www.howardforums.com/showthread ... -in-Canada

Also, they usually look for ID to prove that you're living at the address any way, so it'd be unlikely to work regardless.
May 11, 2006
395 posts
320 upvotes
I went through all the steps for the $100 credit and ended up activating my phone a few weeks later.. Its well past the 4-8 weeks and I still haven't seen my credit, is this normal?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
cidkramer wrote: I went through all the steps for the $100 credit and ended up activating my phone a few weeks later.. Its well past the 4-8 weeks and I still haven't seen my credit, is this normal?
Totally normal unfortunately. It is a real schitt show over at the refer a friend department. I inquired about a bunch of unpaid referrals that were 2 months old. The idiot agent says you have to wait 8 weeks to get the credit. I had to explain to him that 2 months is more than 8 weeks. He gives me the wait a few more days stall tactics. It has been a few more weeks since I inquired. Today I get a response saying they are working on my case and due to larger than usual volume, I need to wait another 1 to 2 weeks. I am ready to escalate my inquiry.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)