Deal Addict
May 8, 2009
1160 posts
282 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
gowifi wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 11:37 pm
WTF?

You calling people to test this, and I say I have code for anyone to test out. Why don't you try out on your own? You want others to take the risk but not yourself?

@TomRFD edited my post, and was it violating anything before? He edited the post to put down his referral rules.

What would I get in return since I'm leaving soon? But I think you do have some interest here by taking my post out.

Guess who is pm people w/o consent to join your whatsapp group to "share referrals".

-------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, we can go back even further.
You are telling people that:

So people would not use a random referral. But, in fact the only thing we can come up with from the official rules was

So, my guess is, you are just trying to convince people to use your good referral instead.
Social media is appropriate for sharing referrals. It's also appropriate for discussing out of province tricks, etc. that aren't meant to be discussed here.

I could try your referral invite but you didn't provide much info for the experiment (when you will cancel your active Koodo line). As I don't plan on grabbing Koodo phones on new activations until back to school, I don't know whether you'll have an active Koodo service then.

I was simply asking if anyone had experience with cancelling within 90 days after referring out. That is some info that the RFD community could benefit from.

I haven't benefitted from Koodo referrals off RFD as of yet and it's not something I bank on to determine if and when I grab Koodo phones. Since many RFDers bring up referrals, I can only recommend social media for that. Referrals can be a two way street (I scratch your back, you scratch mine), but that's all irrelevant to this thread, and always welcome on social media.

I've cycled some of my deals on Koodo phones on the forum so far, and I have got PM's asking for referrals (the referrals didn't complete, but doesn't matter). If you talk about your experience getting phones on Koodo, that's all the exposure you need, then if anyone wants a referral from you, they'll PM you (no need to explicitly state that PM's for referrals are welcome). If that wasn't an issue at all, the original post would not have been modified with the rule reminder.

Just my 2c
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3453 posts
335 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 12:42 am
Social media is appropriate for sharing referrals. It's also appropriate for discussing out of province tricks, etc. that aren't meant to be discussed here.

I could try your referral invite but you didn't provide much info for the experiment (when you will cancel your active Koodo line). As I don't plan on grabbing Koodo phones on new activations until back to school, I don't know whether you'll have an active Koodo service then.

I was simply asking if anyone had experience with cancelling within 90 days after referring out. That is some info that the RFD community could benefit from.

I haven't benefitted from Koodo referrals off RFD as of yet and it's not something I bank on to determine if and when I grab Koodo phones. Since many RFDers bring up referrals, I can only recommend social media for that. Referrals can be a two way street (I scratch your back, you scratch mine), but that's all irrelevant to this thread, and always welcome on social media.

I've cycled some of my deals on Koodo phones on the forum so far, and I have got PM's asking for referrals (the referrals didn't complete, but doesn't matter). If you talk about your experience getting phones on Koodo, that's all the exposure you need, then if anyone wants a referral from you, they'll PM you (no need to explicitly state that PM's for referrals are welcome). If that wasn't an issue at all, the original post would not have been modified with the rule reminder.

Just my 2c
there seems to be some "bug" in koodo's referral system ...
some rfder used my referral link to sign up ... which i did get an email notice ... that koodo is now waiting for account info ...

it has since been in that state for 4+ weeks ...

i contacted koodo and was told that it is up to the referee to provide the account info so they can credit me the referral bonus ...

has anyone experienced this?
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Deal Addict
May 8, 2009
1160 posts
282 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 12:25 pm
some rfder used my referral link to sign up ... which i did get an email notice ... that koodo is now waiting for account info ...

i contacted koodo and was told that it is up to the referee to provide the account info so they can credit me the referral bonus ...

Only option is to shoot them an email via webform...

Link: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/contact.pg
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3453 posts
335 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 12:46 pm
Only option is to shoot them an email via webform...

Link: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/contact.pg

thanks for the info ... :)

that's what i have done ...
actually, i contacted koodo by phone ... and was told to do that ...

i did get email back from them telling me the same thing ...
so it was of no help at all ...

i did also contact the referee ... who told me he just followed the step ...

so it seems there is a way for you not to get the referral credit even when "someone" used yr link ... Face Screaming In Fear
Last edited by ValueHunter999 on Jul 11th, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12422 posts
4021 upvotes
Oakville
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 12:25 pm

Sounds like the RFDer in question used the initial link before signing up for their Koodo account, but then never went back and finished the referral process. Just signing up using the initial link isn't enough, you have to go back after creating a Koodo account to link your account to the referral.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3453 posts
335 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 12:51 pm
Sounds like the RFDer in question used the initial link before signing up for their Koodo account, but then never went back and finished the referral process. Just signing up using the initial link isn't enough, you have to go back after creating a Koodo account to link your account to the referral.
when i signed up, i also used someone's link ... but i did not realize that i have to go back to link my account to the referral ...

is that done via the self-serve?
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12422 posts
4021 upvotes
Oakville
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 12:57 pm
when i signed up, i also used someone's link ... but i did not realize that i have to go back to link my account to the referral ...

is that done via the self-serve?
Nope - when you signed up with that person's link, you should have been sent an email with the subject "Activate now to get your rewards!" which included a link where you needed to go in order to finalize the referral. Note that sometimes their system picks it up automatically (if you sign up using the same email address you used on the initial referral sign up form), but not always.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
May 8, 2009
1160 posts
282 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
wearysky wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 1:04 pm
Nope - when you signed up with that person's link, you should have been sent an email with the subject "Activate now to get your rewards!" which included a link where you needed to go in order to finalize the referral. Note that sometimes their system picks it up automatically (if you sign up using the same email address you used on the initial referral sign up form), but not always.
The one getting referred in has to key in their new Koodo number through the link they got in an email within 30 days of receiving that email.

You might be out of luck. Past the 30 days, you'll have to negotiate with customer service, explain that the referral wasn't completed successfully by a n00b and request that the credits be applied manually.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3453 posts
335 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 1:04 pm
ok - that's what i did ... so my referrer should get his/her credit ... :)
titaniumtux wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 1:15 pm
The one getting referred in has to key in their new Koodo number through the link they got in an email within 30 days of receiving that email.

You might be out of luck. Past the 30 days, you'll have to negotiate with customer service, explain that the referral wasn't completed successfully by a n00b and request that the credits be applied manually.
so if the referee failed to provide his/her phone #, will the referee get the credit anyway?
(or should it be account #?)

i think i will probably just let this 1 goes since it is just 1 that has failed ... unless the negotiation is effortless ... Smiling Face With Sunglasses
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Deal Addict
May 8, 2009
1160 posts
282 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 1:42 pm
i think i will probably just let this 1 goes since it is just 1 that has failed ... unless the negotiation is effortless ... Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Mostly effortless. Fairly easy to get it as a good will credit from customer service if you explain what happened. Better than nothing :o
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3453 posts
335 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 1:44 pm
Mostly effortless. Fairly easy to get it as a good will credit from customer service if you explain what happened. Better than nothing :o
finally contacted them ... for my trouble ... was given 2x the bonus ... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed EyesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Deal Addict
May 8, 2009
1160 posts
282 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 8:28 pm
finally contacted them ... for my trouble ... was given 2x the bonus ... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed EyesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
W00t. Koodo customer service is good for giving out good will credits if you have a good enough justification for it :D
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12422 posts
4021 upvotes
Oakville
I was randomly credit $200 on my account today. Not sure why. Lol. All my referral credits were already applied.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3453 posts
335 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 11:02 am
W00t. Koodo customer service is good for giving out good will credits if you have a good enough justification for it :D
alrighty ... looks like i need to do a self referral ...

i see that the referral system asks for an email address and full name.
I can use one of my spare email address ... but can i use my own name ?

i mean ... i already have an account with koodo with my name on it ... and now i m going to refer myself ... but using a different email address ... will this work?
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1474 posts
721 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 2:37 pm
alrighty ... looks like i need to do a self referral ...

i see that the referral system asks for an email address and full name.
I can use one of my spare email address ... but can i use my own name ?

i mean ... i already have an account with koodo with my name on it ... and now i m going to refer myself ... but using a different email address ... will this work?
Yes that's fine. Only the email has to be different.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer. Beware of their tactics.