• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 10:43 am
[OP]
Nov 21, 2017
16 posts
7 upvotes

Koodo retention

Hi all.

Apologies if this was already discussed elsewhere, I could not find a recent thread with the information I am looking for.

What I am wondering is if Koodo has any sort of a retentions department? I just called 1+866+995-6636 and spoke with an agent. I said that I am considering to switch to a Zoomer $36 3Gb plan unless there are similar plans that Koodo can offer, and the rep said that they cannot offer anything other than the market plans. She offered me a $60 3Gb plan (what a joke!).

Is there a way to have better luck? Try a different agent? Call a different number? Any experience dealing with Koodo retentions?

I do not expect that Koodo will offer the same plan as Zoomer, but I surely think they can do better than my current $40 1Gb plan...

Last time I switched from Koodo (to Wind, in 2013), after being with Koodo for a long time (4 or 5 years), Koodo called me and said that I should have given them a call first because they could have offered a similar plan. This time, I did call before switching, and nothing! Btw, I've been back with Koodo for 2 years now.

Thanks!
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9276 posts
8649 upvotes
Call to cancel your plan. You will be transferred to the cancellation department(may be retention department you are looking for). They will try to get you to stay.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Dec 4, 2017
288 posts
95 upvotes
So many companies will do this -- deny a better available deal, then offer one when they realise that you weren't bluffing.

Where do you see a Zoomer plan of $36 for 3GB? I don't see anything that good on their site.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9276 posts
8649 upvotes
IanBrantford wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 12:18 pm
Where do you see a Zoomer plan of $36 for 3GB? I don't see anything that good on their site.
It is an unadvertised offer. OP will have a hard time to prove that. The following link only for 2GB data. But if you call to ask for $36/3GB plan, you will get it with 2 years contract + free phone.
http://www.zoomerwireless.ca/promotions/319
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
[OP]
Nov 21, 2017
16 posts
7 upvotes
Sorry, took me a few days to call back to Koodo. Finally had a chance to do so. Spoke to the cancellations department, and the best they could offer me was $50 for a 2Gb plan. Looks like I will be switching to Zoomer!
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1300 posts
107 upvotes
Signed up $45 plan with 500 min and 2gb for iphone 8 at Walmart boxing week dea, call today tell them want to see if any better plan with more data. end up got $45 unlimited talk text 1000 mins LD 4gb.
Apr 25, 2018
1 posts
Was that $45 unlimited talk text 1000 mins LD 4gb with Koodo or Zoomer?
Jan 13, 2017
250 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
There's a disscussion on here about getting Koodo Quebec plan with Toronto number, you can try that. There's a $35/3GB BYOD promotion right now.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
29661 posts
4499 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
It’s sad that Koodo has to play this game to keep remain competitive with the Big 3. They don’t want to diminish the value of their parent brands by offering huge discounts

Personally, I think Koodo offers the best value. I only have one line with them and the rest of my lines are with either Fido or Rogers. But Koodo is by far the cheapest and offers me the most value
Aug 23, 2015
404 posts
303 upvotes
Called back in October/November and got absolutely nothing, waste of time talking to a brick wall rep. Oh well, was worth a shot. All the Public Mobile migration customers sure got lucky.

What the heck. Tried again yesterday and totally different story. He was able to apply a $10 bill credit for 12 months. He also game me a big hardware credit to buy a new phone at some point. Went above and beyond.

Always speak with loyalty when i call and call once or twice a year. Depends on the rep. One rep can't/won't do anything. Another rep can and will do plenty. Just be polite and be honest. Like many people had a chance to upgrade and cancel outright on the latest phone sales. We talked about that and some other stuff quickly. He's the one that offered the hardware credit and increased it. Being honest helps. Happy with Koodo, did not expect much. Now have to wait for the next phone deals. Hoping for the P20 Pro.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1300 posts
107 upvotes
Signed up Walmart deal $45 2gb 500 mins plan with iphone 8 on Dec 24, Call yesterday spoke to retention got plan changed for $45 4gb with unlimited voice and text and 1000 mins LD.
Dec 4, 2017
288 posts
95 upvotes
htauthority wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 2:24 pm
All the Public Mobile migration customers sure got lucky.
I haven't seen posts about PM -> Koodo migration offers in quite some time. Are they still happening?