• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2019 8:16 pm
Aug 23, 2015
705 posts
626 upvotes
IanBrantford wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:36 am
I haven't seen posts about PM -> Koodo migration offers in quite some time. Are they still happening?
No, this was back in October, give or take when i first called Koodo.
Public Mobile $23 plan, $10 credits ongoing
Koodo $29 plan with Google Pixel 2 XL, $50 credits ongoing
EBox $42, group buy $2 off
Thanks to RFD
Dec 4, 2017
379 posts
139 upvotes
htauthority wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:39 am
No, this was back in October, give or take when i first called Koodo.
Thanks. I'll wait until if and when such offers return before thinking about getting a PM subscription, then. Same goes for recommending it to others who want a good postpaid plan.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10672 posts
9787 upvotes
IanBrantford wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:02 pm
Thanks. I'll wait until if and when such offers return before thinking about getting a PM subscription, then. Same goes for recommending it to others who want a good postpaid plan.
It may be too late to get a PM plan when the migration promo is offered again. It is like buying lottery ticket. It is too late to get a lottery ticket after the draw was announced.
Get in the migration lottery early with PM promo like free SIM + the second month, or $25 referral credit promo. All PM promotions were expired on Jan 1. Jump on any PM activation promo coming up. I expect next migration promo around end of February and early March - before Telus first financial quarter ends on March 31.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 3 lines $95/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5340 posts
1219 upvotes
Mississauga
htauthority wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 2:24 pm
Called back in October/November and got absolutely nothing, waste of time talking to a brick wall rep. Oh well, was worth a shot. All the Public Mobile migration customers sure got lucky.

What the heck. Tried again yesterday and totally different story. He was able to apply a $10 bill credit for 12 months. He also game me a big hardware credit to buy a new phone at some point. Went above and beyond.

Always speak with loyalty when i call and call once or twice a year. Depends on the rep. One rep can't/won't do anything. Another rep can and will do plenty. Just be polite and be honest. Like many people had a chance to upgrade and cancel outright on the latest phone sales. We talked about that and some other stuff quickly. He's the one that offered the hardware credit and increased it. Being honest helps. Happy with Koodo, did not expect much. Now have to wait for the next phone deals. Hoping for the P20 Pro.
yes, be patient for the phone deals....koodo gives the best phone deals by far...

can't bring back time but i got the p20 pro from koodo...$310 outright... just got lucky one evening when i was on the website...
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2662 posts
738 upvotes
Lethbridge
I keep trying to get them to match my Telus $60/10GB plan, lol. 0/3 so far since the summer, but I’ll keep trying.

My initial retentions call during the price war was denied since I had a tab balance, so I just ported out as I was PO’d after watching 2 other people at work in the exact situation do it flawlessly. Didn’t even cross my mind that it would be eligible for a Tab down the road. I’d like to go back to avoid having to buy my next phone outright…
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
2478 posts
2497 upvotes
Vancouver
Koodo reached out to me with some targeted pre-paid migration plans. 1GB/$35, 3GB/$45 or 5GB/$55. Not very impressive.

Being aware of the Zoomer 4GB/$36 plan, I casually asked if Koodo would match any of its competitors plans and the CSR said no citing their competition's "quality". I then asked if Retentions could do something for me, the CSR said that since I'm not a post-paid customer, they wouldn't.

I'm not 100% yet, but I'm leaning towards the Zoomer plan.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10672 posts
9787 upvotes
I ported my wife Koodo number to Zoomer 2 years ago. My wife handed her phone to me. It was Koodo calling and want us to switch back to Koodo. I said that we are with Zoomer $36 4GB data. We will be interested to switch back to Koodo if she offers us the $35/5GB PM to Koodo migration plan. The best she can offer is $45/4GB plan. I sad why I want to switch back and pay $9 more fore the same plan.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 3 lines $95/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
2463 posts
1211 upvotes
Toronto, ON
embguy wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 11:36 pm
I ported my wife Koodo number to Zoomer 2 years ago. My wife handed her phone to me. It was Koodo calling and want us to switch back to Koodo. I said that we are with Zoomer $36 4GB data. We will be interested to switch back to Koodo if she offers us the $35/5GB PM to Koodo migration plan. The best she can offer is $45/4GB plan. I sad why I want to switch back and pay $9 more fore the same plan.
Wow $10 more per month and 1gb less..what a joke our telecomm industry has become.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5421 posts
3287 upvotes
derass wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 11:23 pm
Being aware of the Zoomer 4GB/$36 plan, I casually asked if Koodo would match any of its competitors plans and the CSR said no citing their competition's "quality".
I guess Koodo tries to fool people with the same bullshit tactics as Bell. Bell says their 100 Mbps is faster than Rogers 1 Gbps because they use real Fibre.
Jul 31, 2006
260 posts
7 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I was a Telus customer, and was so disappointed with the $10 increase that I switched to Zoomer.

Telus sent me a survey and I wrote that I was highly disappointed with how they treated their customers, and the price increase strategy was poorly executed. That was a week ago.

Anyhow, today, I got a call from Koodo, and I was never a Koodo customer. I was offered 2 plans to switch to Koodo.

- $50 for 6 GB Shockfree data, unlimited mins, unlimited nationwide texting
- $60 for 10 GB Shockfree data, unlimited mins, unlimited nationwide texting

I took the $60 bait, as I was perfectly happy with the $60/10 GB plan until Telus had to rock the boat.

Now have to pay out Zoomer, as I had sold the phone that came with it. Oh well.

Not exactly very RFDer like, since I will be out of money by $30... but at least, now I get back my 10 GB!!!!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18720 posts
6735 upvotes
Toronto
Woofy wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 9:14 pm
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I was a Telus customer, and was so disappointed with the $10 increase that I switched to Zoomer.

Telus sent me a survey and I wrote that I was highly disappointed with how they treated their customers, and the price increase strategy was poorly executed. That was a week ago.

Anyhow, today, I got a call from Koodo, and I was never a Koodo customer. I was offered 2 plans to switch to Koodo.

- $50 for 6 GB Shockfree data, unlimited mins, unlimited nationwide texting
- $60 for 10 GB Shockfree data, unlimited mins, unlimited nationwide texting

I took the $60 bait, as I was perfectly happy with the $60/10 GB plan until Telus had to rock the boat.

Now have to pay out Zoomer, as I had sold the phone that came with it. Oh well.

Not exactly very RFDer like, since I will be out of money by $30... but at least, now I get back my 10 GB!!!!
Now you are a Telus customer again. Their win back tactic worked.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Nov 15, 2012
8 posts
Mississauga
I work in the telecom industry. Bell has no towers west of Ontario. Bell customers hop onto telus network where as telus customers go on to bell network ontario and east. So I dont know how can hey claim their data speeds they way they do. I guess CSRs dont know that either.
Jun 2, 2010
360 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
Humdesi wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:24 pm
I work in the telecom industry. Bell has no towers west of Ontario. Bell customers hop onto telus network where as telus customers go on to bell network ontario and east. So I dont know how can hey claim their data speeds they way they do. I guess CSRs dont know that either.
What? Bell has lots of towers in Manitoba (west of Ontario).

What? You have confused towers with networks. Yes, Bell and TELUS share their towers, but NOT their networks. You're not thinking about the backhaul and core network that are NOT shared.
TELUS: Unlimited Canada Talk & Text, 15+10 GB Data
Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data
Feb 17, 2017
860 posts
534 upvotes
Calgary
Humdesi wrote:
Bell and Telus still have their own tech at each tower, so the speeds and latency can vary.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5421 posts
3287 upvotes
Humdesi wrote:
Are you sure you work in the telecom industry? People who don’t work in the telecom industry know better than you. All you have to do is go here: https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html