• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 10:43 am
Aug 23, 2015
404 posts
303 upvotes
IanBrantford wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:36 am
I haven't seen posts about PM -> Koodo migration offers in quite some time. Are they still happening?
No, this was back in October, give or take when i first called Koodo.
Dec 4, 2017
288 posts
95 upvotes
htauthority wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:39 am
No, this was back in October, give or take when i first called Koodo.
Thanks. I'll wait until if and when such offers return before thinking about getting a PM subscription, then. Same goes for recommending it to others who want a good postpaid plan.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9280 posts
8650 upvotes
IanBrantford wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:02 pm
Thanks. I'll wait until if and when such offers return before thinking about getting a PM subscription, then. Same goes for recommending it to others who want a good postpaid plan.
It may be too late to get a PM plan when the migration promo is offered again. It is like buying lottery ticket. It is too late to get a lottery ticket after the draw was announced.
Get in the migration lottery early with PM promo like free SIM + the second month, or $25 referral credit promo. All PM promotions were expired on Jan 1. Jump on any PM activation promo coming up. I expect next migration promo around end of February and early March - before Telus first financial quarter ends on March 31.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4819 posts
809 upvotes
Mississauga
htauthority wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 2:24 pm
Called back in October/November and got absolutely nothing, waste of time talking to a brick wall rep. Oh well, was worth a shot. All the Public Mobile migration customers sure got lucky.

What the heck. Tried again yesterday and totally different story. He was able to apply a $10 bill credit for 12 months. He also game me a big hardware credit to buy a new phone at some point. Went above and beyond.

Always speak with loyalty when i call and call once or twice a year. Depends on the rep. One rep can't/won't do anything. Another rep can and will do plenty. Just be polite and be honest. Like many people had a chance to upgrade and cancel outright on the latest phone sales. We talked about that and some other stuff quickly. He's the one that offered the hardware credit and increased it. Being honest helps. Happy with Koodo, did not expect much. Now have to wait for the next phone deals. Hoping for the P20 Pro.
yes, be patient for the phone deals....koodo gives the best phone deals by far...

can't bring back time but i got the p20 pro from koodo...$310 outright... just got lucky one evening when i was on the website...
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2486 posts
566 upvotes
Lethbridge
I keep trying to get them to match my Telus $60/10GB plan, lol. 0/3 so far since the summer, but I’ll keep trying.

My initial retentions call during the price war was denied since I had a tab balance, so I just ported out as I was PO’d after watching 2 other people at work in the exact situation do it flawlessly. Didn’t even cross my mind that it would be eligible for a Tab down the road. I’d like to go back to avoid having to buy my next phone outright…