Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo Samsung Galaxy S II 149.9 TAB free $100 GF in BB, is this a good deal?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2012 9:56 am
Tags:
None
26 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2009
1365 posts
1151 upvotes
Montreal, QC
newfisher wrote: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... sung_yahoo

in store only

Does anybody know if Koodo allow you quit the plan without penalty?
That has to be a price error. It retails for 300 on the Koodo website. https://shop.koodomobile.com/koodo-cell ... YSIIX.html
If it's not a mistake, that's very hot.

EDIT: Wow they fixed it right away. It's not 0 dollars any more... it now shows $150.
May 17, 2007
373 posts
4 upvotes
Do I need to be a Koodo customer? Do I need to activate as a new customer if I am not already there customer?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9450 posts
11817 upvotes
Calgary
S2's may become quite cheap in 2-3 weeks after they are possibly banned.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2211 posts
424 upvotes
bkushner wrote: S2's may become quite cheap in 2-3 weeks after they are possibly banned.
Why? Could you give us more details?
Sep 29, 2009
816 posts
1427 upvotes
Kitchener
bkushner wrote: S2's may become quite cheap in 2-3 weeks after they are possibly banned.
How would something banned be cheap? In any case, unless Apple has a pending case against Samsung in Canada that I'm not aware of, the ban would only take place in the States.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
Loss of the US market alone will force prices down.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2009
1365 posts
1151 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Don DiGuapo wrote: Loss of the US market alone will force prices down.
The loss of the US market will drive prices up as people are willing to pay more for Canadian imports. If supply goes down and demand stays the same, prices will increase.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
the ban trial is at least a few weeks away. though if it does happen, expect the price to go down as all those stocks intended to US(probably still the largest market in the world) needs to find a home, thus rest of the world.

cross border shopping is a very small number, cannot drive up demand here.
Jul 13, 2012
330 posts
52 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
habsfan321 wrote: The loss of the US market will drive prices up as people are willing to pay more for Canadian imports. If supply goes down and demand stays the same, prices will increase.
supply will go up
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
habsfan321 wrote: The loss of the US market will drive prices up as people are willing to pay more for Canadian imports. If supply goes down and demand stays the same, prices will increase.
I couldn't disagree more.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Jun 23, 2009
34 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga
I got this phone for the wife. On the koodo site you get the phone for $150 and they send you $100 in Visa gift cards. Your tab is also $150 so you get a really nice Android phone with Jellybean for $200 without a contract. I signed her up for the $40 a month plan with 150 minutes and 250mb of data. That includes voice mail caller ID, 5pm evenings and weekends and Canada wide calling. I think that is an awesome deal. Get it on the koodo site or call Koodo directly. If you go to a Koodo store they give you $75 in visa cards and $25 toward accesories. Best buy gives you only Best Buy gift cards. Get the $100 in visa cards directly from koodo and use them for gas or other every week purchases.

My daughter is also with Koodo on the same plan. Her tab is almost paid off. Koodo is a great company.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1710 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
R u sure 100 giftcard? I asked a few saying 75gc and 25acessory
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1736 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Don DiGuapo wrote: Loss of the US market alone will force prices down.
That is silly logic.

Every 'market' in every country has specific policies in place to ensure they turn some sort of 'profit'.

They are not globally going to go on price slashing because of some lawsuit that won't even stick. AND, they are still appealing it --- so in other words, Apple never 'won' to begin with.
Nintendo Switch vibes
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
So this deal doesn't exist and probably never would have been honored... And now everyone is talking about a ban and market reactions? Why is this useless thread not locked?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3885 posts
666 upvotes
^^^ What are you talking about ?
Plenty of people have been able to get the phone with a 100 Visa or GC
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3786 posts
271 upvotes
Montreal
I love how there's not even an asterisk on the price indicating that a tab plan is required. And then right below it "We’ll beat any price anywhere" without an asterisk as well...
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)