Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] koodo - samsung galaxy s2x - free $100 gift card again

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2013 6:51 pm
May 23, 2009
171 posts
22 upvotes
Do they have this deal in stores? Like at a Koodo kiosk in the mall?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6220 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
Mibora wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 12:47 pm
Do they have this deal in stores?
i would like to know this too
Feb 16, 2011
559 posts
107 upvotes
***** wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 12:17 pm
you can get an existing koodo customer to refer you.

http://koodoreferral.com/default.aspx

please note you must get the referral code and give it to the rep before you purchase. the referral code cannot be applied after the fact. for example...i sign up...realize a few days later i could get free money with a referral code...head over to rfd to ask random ppl for a code...this ain't gonna work. referral code must be given in-store or i guess online when you checkout.
Sep 2, 2009
204 posts
65 upvotes
Ontario
GVRtrader wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 3:10 am
True but if you're really on a tight budget, might want to consider a cheaper phone given this is more of a luxury item than an item you truely "need" as any cell phone would (for the most part) do the job. Even something like the Galaxy Ace (example) would do most of the stuff this phone does and cost less.
Just like you could get a towel to wipe your butt. You don't truly need toilet paper since any towel would (for the most part) do the job and it's reusable! Even something from Dollarama would do most of the stuff toilet paper does and cost less, but I'm sure you'd rather spend a bit more for toilet paper. ;)

Joking aside, it's more about getting something decent, but not paying more than you're comfortable with for what you get.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
1976 posts
259 upvotes
if you have to pay 150 + 150 tab + 20 service - 100 GC = this deal is cold > warm at best = in the end you'd have to pay $220 plus taxes. might as well save another $100 and get the nexus 4!!!
@ walmart if true > if you have to pay 0 + 150 tab only = this is HOT!!!
Nov 4, 2007
118 posts
10 upvotes
501 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 12:51 pm
i would like to know this too
Yes, you can get the deal at any Koodo Shop kiosk in the malls. The $100 gift with purchase for new activations would be $75 in Visa gift cards plus $25 in accessories.
Nov 4, 2007
118 posts
10 upvotes
blitzteen17 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 1:23 pm
you can get an existing koodo customer to refer you.

http://koodoreferral.com/default.aspx

please note you must get the referral code and give it to the rep before you purchase. the referral code cannot be applied after the fact. for example...i sign up...realize a few days later i could get free money with a referral code...head over to rfd to ask random ppl for a code...this ain't gonna work. referral code must be given in-store or i guess online when you checkout.
Referral code is actually not given to rep. You need to go back to the site to enter the code once you're activated. Code must be sent to your email BEFORE you've gone in to activate though. See the link you've posted for details, or this answer in the FAQ: http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-sta ... s-referred
Mar 19, 2010
303 posts
37 upvotes
fukngrvn wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 4:24 pm
Referral code is actually not given to rep. You need to go back to the site to enter the code once you're activated. Code must be sent to your email BEFORE you've gone in to activate though. See the link you've posted for details, or this answer in the FAQ: http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-sta ... s-referred
You can give the code to the rep as well. That's what i did and got it redeemed at scarborough town center.

One key reminder to everyone is that, it could take more than 8 weeks for the referral bonuses to kick in to your account. Mine got redeemed on the 10th week..i know people who had to wait a few months for their referral bonuses to come in.
Feb 1, 2006
102 posts
5 upvotes
Can someone confirm this deal at other Walmart locations? :)
superextoex wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 12:03 am
Uxbridge Walmart no gift card but $0 upfront with $150 tab
Sep 5, 2007
152 posts
5 upvotes
Hi guys, thanks for the replies about getting a referral! I was just curious however, if there is $0 up front @ walmart, is there any saving at all with the referral code???
Banned
Sep 22, 2011
331 posts
84 upvotes
Called my local walmart, pretty clueless so will check in store sometime :confused: .
Could you guys try calling your walmart? Thanks :)
Mar 19, 2010
303 posts
37 upvotes
angelus360 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 8:37 pm
Hi guys, thanks for the replies about getting a referral! I was just curious however, if there is $0 up front @ walmart, is there any saving at all with the referral code???
Referral code applies to everything, regardless of what the offers are at the retail store/kiosks.

The only key thing is, it'll take about 6-8 weeks (or more for some people) for the referral bonuses to kick in to your tab. So you won't see the effects instantly. After about ~2 months, you'll see a +25 increase on your tab.
Dec 18, 2006
823 posts
92 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bren123 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 6:16 pm
Can someone confirm this deal at other Walmart locations? :)
I think that person was mistaken. I checked my local walmart. it's still $150 plus $150 on tab minus $100 walmart GC. I highly doubt Uxbridge store would have their own sale.
Mar 5, 2006
13 posts
1 upvote
looniepincher wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 9:11 pm
I think that person was mistaken. I checked my local walmart. it's still $150 plus $150 on tab minus $100 walmart GC. I highly doubt Uxbridge store would have their own sale.
do you get the Walmart GC right away? or do they mail it to you?
× < >