Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] koodo - samsung galaxy s2x - free $100 gift card again

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2013 6:51 pm
Mar 7, 2009
567 posts
7 upvotes
Purchased 3... and a Razr HD earlier. Now I'm flagged on their fraud list. GREATT. Going to call head office as this has to be some BS. They also put my dad on the fraud list since he got a Razr HD with me.
Apr 11, 2006
972 posts
38 upvotes
Scarborough
bogi093 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 7:45 pm
Purchased 3... and a Razr HD earlier. Now I'm flagged on their fraud list. GREATT. Going to call head office as this has to be some BS. They also put my dad on the fraud list since he got a Razr HD with me.

do you canceled the plan after?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11053 posts
669 upvotes
Toronto
keljai wrote:
Dec 10th, 2012 9:44 am
does anyone know if the usb cable is a micro Male 5 pin
Yes, it's a standard micro usb cable.
Oct 14, 2009
294 posts
28 upvotes
bogi093 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 7:45 pm
How did you find out? And how can you get this cleared by calling the head office?
Mar 7, 2009
567 posts
7 upvotes
timduncan wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:40 pm
How did you find out? And how can you get this cleared by calling the head office?
I found out when my uncle was buying himself a phone. Turns out because of my last name and same street address they told him they are not allowed to sell phones to me, my dads name and my uncle. I find it pretty crazy... I am not at all trying to commit fraud.

Haven't cancelled my koodo yet anyways, so its not like the cancellations would post up red flags. Called Head Office for the reason I was "blacklisted" and they said they will call me another day to explain. Guess that means they have to make one up. Felt like a disgrace being told I was listed to committing fraud at the store. Kind of overboard, but hey its their security measures I guess.
Oct 14, 2009
294 posts
28 upvotes
bogi093 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:54 pm
I found out when my uncle was buying himself a phone. Turns out because of my last name and same street address they told him they are not allowed to sell phones to me, my dads name and my uncle. I find it pretty crazy... I am not at all trying to commit fraud.

Haven't cancelled my koodo yet anyways, so its not like the cancellations would post up red flags. Called Head Office for the reason I was "blacklisted" and they said they will call me another day to explain. Guess that means they have to make one up. Felt like a disgrace being told I was listed to committing fraud at the store. Kind of overboard, but hey its their security measures I guess.

That's unfortunate. I guess they are now tracking down people who buy multiple and cancel soon after. Bought 2 as well a month ago and cancelled right after.
Apr 11, 2006
972 posts
38 upvotes
Scarborough
timduncan wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 12:00 am
That's unfortunate. I guess they are now tracking down people who buy multiple and cancel soon after. Bought 2 as well a month ago and cancelled right after.
i think they only allow 3 for a household. no matter you cancel or not. because i bought 2 couple days after i try buy other 2 but their system only allow me to buy one. that is nothing to do with fraud because you buy the phone and you pay for it.
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10042 posts
1608 upvotes
Kingston
For anyone who is planning on getting this phone and keeping a Koodo plan, it is the last couple of days that their promotional data plans are offered with double minutes and double data MB (expires Dec 31).

I signed up for the $45 promo plan with 300 minutes + 500 MB of data and it should work great for me.

If you are keeping a Koodo plan make sure you get a referral code BEFORE you sign up to get $25 tab credit (code provider gets a $25 credit too). ***********
Dec 24, 2006
15 posts
6 upvotes
Will this phone work with fido data plan?

For some strange reason I cannot get data when I swap to the fido sim with this phone. Anyone try this phone with fido data plan and have any success?

I already unlock it and the normal phone call work all right with my fido sim. I also search the carrier again and select Roger network as network provider and have the data enable. But still cannot get data from fido.
May 16, 2007
206 posts
13 upvotes
Maybe something to do with Fido APN settings?
mulala wrote:
Jan 5th, 2013 12:07 am
Will this phone work with fido data plan?

For some strange reason I cannot get data when I swap to the fido sim with this phone. Anyone try this phone with fido data plan and have any success?

I already unlock it and the normal phone call work all right with my fido sim. I also search the carrier again and select Roger network as network provider and have the data enable. But still cannot get data from fido.
Dec 23, 2007
448 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary
As everybody said this phone can be used with Mobilicity, I tried but not succeeded. I have it upgraded to CM10. Can someone shed some light of how to get it working on Mibilicity? Thanks.
Mar 21, 2011
610 posts
224 upvotes
Delta
rayq wrote:
Jan 18th, 2013 3:13 pm
As everybody said this phone can be used with Mobilicity, I tried but not succeeded. I have it upgraded to CM10. Can someone shed some light of how to get it working on Mibilicity? Thanks.
Do you see Mobilicity when you search for Network operators?
Dec 23, 2007
448 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary
lypang wrote:
Jan 18th, 2013 3:23 pm
Do you see Mobilicity when you search for Network operators?
I got Rogers Wireless, BMC, Telus. Is BMC Mobilicity? Thanks.
× < >