Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 3:47 pm

Poll: Did you transfer to Koodo?

• Total votes: 418. You have voted on this poll.
1) Yes

68%
2) No

32%

Poll ended at Apr 7th, 2018 8:42 pm

Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes

[Koodo] Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

The original post was moved to expired deals, but this is definitely not expired.

If you signed up for Public Mobile when they offered the $90 12GB promo back in November 2016 you are eligible for a $40 6GB plan from Koodo.

You can activate online using this promo code: GOKOODO406GB

Add the promo code to your cart and the plan as well as a $100 bill credit will be added to your account.

Make sure to be referred by a current Koodo Mobile subscriber for an additional $100 bill credit.

Summary:

Plan is $40 a month for 6gb, unlimited calling, unlimited text
SIM card is $15
$100 bill credit for just activating
$25 credit for being referred by a current Koodo user (You must fill in a referral form provided to you by the referrer before you do the activation)

The plan is eligible for a medium tab. There are a variety of phone deals that I am sure people will jump in to talk about.

PLEASE DO NOT POST BLATANT POSTS ABOUT REFERRALS, WE DON'T WANT THE THREAD REMOVED.

Jump in and be helpful.

Last edited by dgnr8 on Mar 8th, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Thread Summary
Some answers to FAQs courtesy of @[Wearysky]

1 - NO YOU CANNOT GET THIS IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE PUBLIC MOBILE $120/12GB PLAN. - the one or two people that got it were EXTREMELY lucky and the odds of you replicating their success are effectively zero. Give it a shot if you want, but you're almost certainly wasting your time.

2- $100 referral credit promo died. Nobody has working links anymore.

3 - Nobody knows for sure what will happen to the $100 referrals, any answer you get will be pure speculation. Some people report completing them after it switched back and getting a $100 confirmation email, some report getting a $25 confirmation email. We won't know what we'll actually get for months.

4 - If you already got one of the other plans (4GB or 5GB), call customer service and they can help you out. If the level 1 rep can't do it, ask to be escalated to a supervisor (they go off shift at 10pm EST). If they deny you too, just call back.

5 - If you don't understand Koodo's tab, please see here: https://www.koodomobile.com/tab

6 - Yes, in theory you can make multiple orders using the same promo code and PM number to validate. No, they probably won't take the accounts away. No, don't ask people to hook you up, they're not going to want to risk screwing things up for themselves for a random stranger on the internet. If you've ported your number to the account, your number probably won't validate against the code anymore. But you can always still make an order with the other online-eligible code (GOKOODO404GB or GOKOODO406GB).

7 - for the current online-only current-customer-only $150 bill credit deals, you reportedly have to have received at least one Koodo bill to be eligible. Otherwise it's $50 only.

8 - The $100 bill credit for signing up for the PM->Koodo migration plan won't show up anywhere in your account, or on your contract. It will be on your first bill that arrives. You can contact customer service if you really want, and they can confirm it's there, but there isn't much point. It will 100% be there.

9 - Your online-ordered sim MAY arrive activated, put it in your phone to check. If it's fine, don't worry about it. Instructions to set up your self serve account should arrive via email shortly. If it doesn't work, you can either wait a few days to see if they activate it (and send you an email), or you can call them to activate your sim. If you're calling to activate, they will almost certainly force you to port your PM number over.

---------------------------------------------------------
rolomonster wrote: Step 1: Get a referral from a friend. You will need to enter your name and email address. You will get a confirmation email afterwards with details on how to complete Step 4.

Step 2: Activate an account with Koodo online to get the $100 online activation referral bonus. Pick a medium tab phone if you are getting a new device and add any available medium tab plan currently available.

Or activate in store for only $25 referral credit but possibility of trade in credits/promotional gift cards for select stores/devices. If you go this route, skip Step 3.

Step 3: Go to check out. There will be an area at the bottom that asks "Got a Promo Code?" Enter the Promo Code: GOKOODO406GB. Then enter you PM number as the validation code. A banner will then show up across the top saying you've unlocked special plans. Select the $40/6gb plan. Check out. And wait until you get your phone/SIM.

Step 4: After you get your SIM click on Provide Koodo Phone Number on the email you received from Koodo's refer a friend program and follow the steps. Heads-up: If you are bringing an existing number from your old service provider, please wait until the number is fully functional with Koodo before you proceed. Ie. Wait until your number has successfully ported.

Step 5: Enjoy your service with Koodo! Both you and your referrer will get a $25/$100 bill credit each within 8-12 weeks.

Note: You cannot send out any referrals until you have an active Koodo account. Ie. Until you have a SIM and have ported your number.
How to Switch online to Koodo 6GB plan

Info needed to activate a transfer number from PM to KD port request and finish the referral process. (click me!)

For steps on how to do self-referrals and refer out on multi-line, read this thread.

Hey guys I just created a POLL would love to hear what others are doing...here’s the link...thanks. -kuzi

——————————————————-

POLL LINK:
poll-you-staying-public-mobile-cus-12gb ... n-2176373/
4923 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4909 posts
4914 upvotes
Ontario
EDIT:

Just to double check this is for people moving from Public Mobile to Kodoo Right? I been on Koodo for ages I'm on the 6Gig Unlimited Canada Wide for I think it's $49? I have my mother and GF on it as well I would like to switch to a lower package.

I have to say from using Bell to Rogers to Fido to Wind/Freedom that Koodo has been the best cell phone service is a very long time. I can use it in Northern Ontario without issues or in a major City. It's nice to actually have the Freedom feel without labeling it and not offering it lol.

I found the support / help from Koodo to actually be great in Walmart kiosks as well surprisingly. I even walk by and the guy remembers me and asks if it's all going well and if there is any promotions for friends and family.
Last edited by TechChime on Mar 8th, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
---
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1716 posts
716 upvotes
Markham
kanechart wrote: Swear these posts show up hourly..
this got reposted cause the old one got sent to expire deals
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1295 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
kanechart wrote: Swear these posts show up hourly..
Hourly? Theres one post that was before this and it had 400+ pages. Best plan you can get atm if you have access.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
They moved the original post to expired and they won't move it back. I don't know why.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
dgnr8 wrote: They moved the original post to expired and they won't move it back. I don't know why.
OP, can you maybe organize info in the OP a little clearer with just the current information? In sure a lot of people are asking 2839495 questions cause the information is all over the place.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Jan 27, 2017
91 posts
99 upvotes
dgnr8 wrote: They moved the original post to expired and they won't move it back. I don't know why.
Probably because people were requesting and spamming Koodo referral links
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: OP, can you maybe organize info in the OP a little clearer with just the current information? In sure a lot of people are asking 2839495 questions cause the information is all over the place.
I'm on it, it will take a few minutes :-)
Dec 28, 2006
478 posts
521 upvotes
Abbotsford BC
Anyone get there first bill and can explain it to me? They charge for part of the month and the whole next month?
Koodo $40 6gb customer.
Dec 28, 2006
478 posts
521 upvotes
Abbotsford BC
I am pretty sure it is just one moder who really does not like it.
Koodo $40 6gb customer.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
camtheman78 wrote: Anyone get there first bill and can explain it to me? They charge for part of the month and the whole next month?
Post paid plans are always billed 1 month in advance. So your first bill is for the few weeks left in the current month and the next full month.
Dec 28, 2006
478 posts
521 upvotes
Abbotsford BC
dgnr8 wrote: Post paid plans are always billed 1 month in advance. So your first bill is for the few weeks left in the current month and the next full month.
I forgot being on PM for awhile.
Koodo $40 6gb customer.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2754 posts
1085 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Prorated billing and one month advance payment. So if you activated March 1st and your billing is on the 10th, they charge you 10 days and a whole month in advance which covers you from March 1st to April 10th.
camtheman78 wrote: Anyone get there first bill and can explain it to me? They charge for part of the month and the whole next month?
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3951 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
-----------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
Step 1: Get a referral from a friend. You will need to enter your name and email address. You will get a confirmation email afterwards with details on how to complete Step 4.

Step 2: Activate an account with Koodo online to get the $100 online activation referral bonus. Pick a medium tab phone if you are getting a new device and add any available medium tab plan currently available.

Or activate in store for only $25 referral credit but possibility of trade in credits/promotional gift cards for select stores/devices. If you go this route, skip Step 3.

Step 3: Go to check out. There will be an area at the bottom that asks "Got a Promo Code?" Enter the Promo Code: GOKOODO406GB. Then enter you PM number as the validation code. A banner will then show up across the top saying you've unlocked special plans. Select the $40/6gb plan. Check out. And wait until you get your phone/SIM.

Step 4: After you get your SIM click on Provide Koodo Phone Number on the email you received from Koodo's refer a friend program and follow the steps. Heads-up: If you are bringing an existing number from your old service provider, please wait until the number is fully functional with Koodo before you proceed. Ie. Wait until your number has successfully ported.

Step 5: Enjoy your service with Koodo! Both you and your referrer will get a $25/$100 bill credit each within 8-12 weeks.
Last edited by rolomonster on Mar 8th, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 28, 2006
478 posts
521 upvotes
Abbotsford BC
They did not give me my sim credit that they promised me on the phone anyone else have this happen.
Koodo $40 6gb customer.
Oct 26, 2004
183 posts
109 upvotes
Vancouver
And the deal is valid even if I join on the last day March 15? I'm heading out of country on the 17th, so should still be ok if I don't activate my sim card until April right?

Also, is Visual Voicemail for iPhones available on Koodo? 2 bucks a month or something?
Last edited by ElectricBrain on Mar 8th, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
ElectricBrain wrote: And the deal is valid even if I join on the last day March 15? I'm heading out of country on the 17th, so should still be ok if I don't activate my sim card until April right?
Should be, but I would order the SIM today. You will receive it before the 15th and you will be able to activate to be safe.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
ElectricBrain wrote: And the deal is valid even if I join on the last day March 15? I'm heading out of country on the 17th, so should still be ok if I don't activate my sim card until April right?
You can register your plan now and port your number in whenever you want. If you wait until the last day a) Koodo site may brake, it has a few times already and b) the online referral credit may go back down to $25/$50 as the $100 is a limited time only. No specific end date in sight.
Sep 17, 2007
456 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty sure the referral needs to be completed within 30 days of you entering the referral info online also. So it depends on when you’re back into the country to activate the SIM.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)