Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 3:47 pm

Poll: Did you transfer to Koodo?

• Total votes: 418. You have voted on this poll.
1) Yes

68%
2) No

32%

Poll ended at Apr 7th, 2018 8:42 pm

Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2508 posts
1109 upvotes
Scarborough
I wonder if less people moved with the 6gb offer, if they would have upped the data to 7 or 8gb lol
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2013
1219 posts
2206 upvotes
Anyone knows how to avoid PM starting a new billing cycle while waiting for Koodo sim to arrive?
Jan 24, 2014
227 posts
49 upvotes
Just got a text saying they renewed it -- not expiry date tho just says limited time only
Jan 24, 2014
227 posts
49 upvotes
THEAVS wrote: Yes
don't think so.. cause the text message i just got just said theres still a one time $100 credit
Oct 14, 2012
156 posts
76 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Palidino wrote: Called in because I wanted to activate my 3rd sim. Didn’t come activated. Supervisor said I must port my PM number over before he will activate the plan. I said ok. Then he asked me for PM account number I said I will call back later because I am not at home where I can access the number. He said ok call back when you are ready. We will leave some notes on your order....
dealseaker101 wrote: Uh oh, you got busted.
To reiterate, Palidino was in a similar situation to me, but it seems as long as your online order was approved and you got the sim card, you will eventually receive an activation confirmation email. You just have to remain patient. Doesn't seem like Koodo (or more specifically its webstore department) cares about the loophole. I can confirm receiving a new number just fine. It seems you don't have to port in your PM number to activate unless you call in.
will888 wrote: Those who have ordered and received an inactive SIM card thinking that this may be due to enforcement of number porting and plugging other loopholes, it may not be the case. I was informed by someone I know that he was notified of SIM shipment on Friday, received the SIM card on Monday and the activation email Wednesday afternoon. Anyone whose aspirations may be compromised by calling in should sit tight for a few days to see what happens. Worse case call in after waiting a few extra days. Orders placed prior to March 15 qualify for the promo even if some clean up task need to be done after that day.
My PM number was already ported over to Koodo, however, online order for "second line" was still approved and activated just fine.
Last edited by John5p on Mar 15th, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Aug 19, 2010
17 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
FatSheep wrote: Anyone knows how to avoid PM starting a new billing cycle while waiting for Koodo sim to arrive?
Same question, will my number be lost in limbo if I don't renew?
My Public plan renews on the 17th, so I decided to queue up a barebones plan 30-day plan for the next cycle.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
So I'm pretty sure that $150 credit email I got was part of my referral credits. Just checked my account, and here's what my current bill page is showing me (amount owed was roughly -$100 this morning):

cricketfan wrote: Can the referral credits be applied to pay off tab?
SickBeast wrote: Yes. But only after 90 days.
And even then - after 90 days your only option is to put the entire amount of your tab balance onto your next bill. You can't apply anything directly to the tab balance itself.
kangarooz wrote: is the $100 dollar referral over?
Like a week ago. Lol.
spankypants wrote: don't think so.. cause the text message i just got just said theres still a one time $100 credit
That's the bill credit, not the referral credit. Referral credit is $25.
taoster wrote: Same question, will my number be lost in limbo if I don't renew?
My Public plan renews on the 17th, so I decided to queue up a barebones plan 30-day plan for the next cycle.
Note that if Koodo/PM wants to get picky, they can say that you didn't migrate over from the 4GB PM plan. Unlikely, but still not impossible. You *do* have to have an active number to port it over though (ie if you turn off autopay and try to port after your renewal date, porting will fail).
Jul 4, 2009
336 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
Has anyone confirmed that the extension is till the end of the month for sure? If anyone is on the phone with them maybe ask for us all as the text doesn't have a date on it! Thanks!
Dec 20, 2014
396 posts
126 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
And now they referral service is down - damn it, it's like they try to persuade you not to switch!
May 28, 2012
410 posts
388 upvotes
Canada
Truff01 wrote: And now they referral service is down - damn it, it's like they try to persuade you not to switch!
looks like it is back up.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
wearysky wrote: So I'm pretty sure that $150 credit email I got was part of my referral credits. Just checked my account, and here's what my current bill page is showing me (amount owed was roughly -$100 this morning):

And even then - after 90 days your only option is to put the entire amount of your tab balance onto your next bill. You can't apply anything directly to the tab balance itself.

Like a week ago. Lol.

That's the bill credit, not the referral credit. Referral credit is $25.

Note that if Koodo/PM wants to get picky, they can say that you didn't migrate over from the 4GB PM plan. Unlikely, but still not impossible. You *do* have to have an active number to port it over though (ie if you turn off autopay and try to port after your renewal date, porting will fail).
Referral credit email will specifically say it is a referral credit with the name of the referral. And they don't group multiple referral credits in a single email.

$150 credit looks like for the phone deal
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
Yeah, I have 6 separate emails for people I referred, shows their name and the $50 credit will be applied
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
RFDQ1016 wrote: Referral credit email will specifically say it is a referral credit with the name of the referral. And they don't group multiple referral credits in a single email.

$150 credit looks like for the phone deal
I got a second email a minute after the first one, for another $150. I didn't notice it because Google grouped them into the same conversation. I'd love it if they were just randomly crediting me $150 a bunch of times, but I can't imagine that this isn't my referral credits. Obviously I'll keep my eyes peeled (and I'm totally going to spend this credit on a new phone), but I'm pretty sure that's what this is, despite the weirdness of the emails.

Can anybody confirm - does the referral portal change any status for completed referrals once the credit is paid out? I see that there's a "rewards earned" area in the completed referrals section, but that's 0 for all my referrals still.
Last edited by wearysky on Mar 15th, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 11, 2012
30 posts
7 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Has anyone had any luck in trying to switch from the $60/10GB plan to this one? I've tried calling 3 times, each time the rep goes to talk to the supervisor to try and get it done but nothing comes out of it. I'm kicking myself now for leaving Public to get the 10 GB plan, 6GB would be the perfect mount for my uses.
Dec 20, 2014
396 posts
126 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Truff01 wrote: And now they referral service is down - damn it, it's like they try to persuade you not to switch!
And it's back! :)
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
timnich wrote: Has anyone had any luck in trying to switch from the $60/10GB plan to this one? I've tried calling 3 times, each time the rep goes to talk to the supervisor to try and get it done but nothing comes out of it. I'm kicking myself now for leaving Public to get the 10 GB plan, 6GB would be the perfect mount for my uses.
Since you are not eligible for it why should they switch you?
Sep 26, 2012
485 posts
277 upvotes
North York
wearysky wrote: Can anybody confirm - does the referral portal change any status for completed referrals once the credit is paid out? I see that there's a "rewards earned" area in the completed referrals section, but that's 0 for all my referrals still.
For me "rewards earned" has always said 0, even after it has been credited to my account.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
timnich wrote: Has anyone had any luck in trying to switch from the $60/10GB plan to this one? I've tried calling 3 times, each time the rep goes to talk to the supervisor to try and get it done but nothing comes out of it. I'm kicking myself now for leaving Public to get the 10 GB plan, 6GB would be the perfect mount for my uses.
Maybe one or two people without PM accounts have been able to get it (that didn't just sneak in by using somebody else's phone number). It's totally YMMV, and there's really not much trick. I know one person called in to get the retention plan mentioned in this thread, and the rep just gave them the 6GB $40 plan because they were in a good mood. But that's like a one in a million YMMV. Lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)