Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 3:47 pm

Poll: Did you transfer to Koodo?

• Total votes: 418. You have voted on this poll.
1) Yes

68%
2) No

32%

Poll ended at Apr 7th, 2018 8:42 pm

Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1096 posts
567 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rolomonster wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:51 pm
I selected the same option and they sent me an unactivated SIM and will not apply the promo without me porting. Will call again tomorrow to see what they will do for me.
Keep me posted. I actually ported already when they offer $40/5GB. Then someone mention can order online using 6GB code, so I did, try to get another line for my kid.
However seem like I got screwed by a week long shipping delay.
Jan 1, 2014
51 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
brucele wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:48 pm
Has anyone had referral credits applied to their account?

Buddy of mine says he received an email with the subject title being "Confirmation: We've added a credit to your account"

It doesn't say what kind of credit so buddy isn't sure if it's a referral credit or the bonus PM offer credit. Amount is $100
It should be referral credit. They dont sent email about the transfer credit, i think
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4126 posts
247 upvotes
I'm having 2nd thoughts (maybe it's the leftover $10 credit that I don't think I can get) and will just stick w/ PM. In 3 months, I've barely even used 2gb/month.
I might only be saving $3, but there's little incentive for me to actually switch now that I can see how much data I've actually used.

Plus, I totally forgot about the extra plan surcharge if you get a phone and I also only see 1,3,5,8GB online. No 6GB plan.
I'm looking for a NZ Silver Fern Kiwi coin! :)
Dec 26, 2012
932 posts
500 upvotes
Canada
IceBlueShoes wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:22 pm
I'm having 2nd thoughts (maybe it's the leftover $10 credit that I don't think I can get) and will just stick w/ PM. In 3 months, I've barely even used 2gb/month.
I might only be saving $3, but there's little incentive for me to actually switch now that I can see how much data I've actually used.

Plus, I totally forgot about the extra plan surcharge if you get a phone and I also only see 1,3,5,8GB online. No 6GB plan.
You have to put in the the promo code after adding sim to cart, then you'll see it.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16232 posts
4921 upvotes
Toronto
Koodo's refer a friend is so full of traps it is not funny. On my account, I reached $275 and received a $100 referral. But because there is not enough room to accommodate $100, they give me nothing. My friend got the email for the completed referral, I see it in the completed referral list. I got no email confirmation that I normally get. I recommend people keep track of the referral credits and don't let them short change you like this. I will be going after them for every penny.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16232 posts
4921 upvotes
Toronto
kellya wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:09 pm
Finally decided to jump ship to Koodo. Went to the Koodo kiosk at Lynden Park Mall in Brantford. I assumed that since they were a Koodo kiosk they would be knowledgeable about the promotion. I showed the employee the text I received for the 6gb deal and $100 bill credit. He told me I could only have one or the other - not both. I told him the text clearly stated that I was eligible for the 6gb for $40 plan AND the $100 bill credit and he told me the text was wrong. I told him I would go to another location and left. Went to the WOW mobile kiosk in the same mall - no trouble at all. They had some trouble getting my public mobile account # to work so they called in to koodo - at the same time they confirmed that I also would receive the $100 bill credit. They were able to port my number over with no issue. Just have to go online now to get my $25 referral credit for me and the person who I had refer me. I'm happy with the deal but not too impressed that Koodo employs people who give out wrong information.

Kelly
Why did you waste time arguing with the idiot. The migration plan includes the $100 as a package. The agent cannot add it or remove it.
Jul 13, 2014
38 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I ordered my SIM but I was hoping that I would get it before the $150 for a medium tab promotion was over. Now that they've cancelled it, is there likely to be any promotion soon or should I take my chances and call in and complain?
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1595 posts
415 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Did you select the promo plan before submitting your purchase?
rolomonster wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:51 pm
I selected the same option and they sent me an unactivated SIM and will not apply the promo without me porting. Will call again tomorrow to see what they will do for me.
Jan 17, 2017
38 posts
5 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:49 pm
Koodo's refer a friend is so full of traps it is not funny. On my account, I reached $275 and received a $100 referral. But because there is not enough room to accommodate $100, they give me nothing. My friend got the email for the completed referral, I see it in the completed referral list. I got no email confirmation that I normally get. I recommend people keep track of the referral credits and don't let them short change you like this. I will be going after them for every penny.
This is just bs, Koodo/Telus' reputation became so bad this time
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1380 posts
358 upvotes
Soooooo.. As the dust is settling...

It looks like Telus bought whole PM Fall2016promo crowd for mere 2GB/month. :)

Prety cheap, is not it? Well of course there were also those still hypothetical $100 referrals that lasted only a couple of days?

Remember, what outrage caused first migration offer 4GB/month? Combined with threatening $10/month price increase at PM ...
And now, at 6GB/month, it looks like 70%-80% jumped PM ship.

Does not seem that any more sweet migration deals are coming, does it?
Last edited by Tichi on Mar 14th, 2018 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1380 posts
358 upvotes
kit25 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:26 pm
international

free everywhere in canada

not sure about blocking international calls
lewinsky wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:17 pm
You can block international calls with the exception of calls to the US and Caribbean.
Henry360 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:25 pm
And don’t be confused. That price is correct at 50 cents/min, not 5. I’ve asked Koodo and they are not willing to turn off access to calling the US. I can understand why as it’s a big money maker for them I’m sure. This is one of several reasons why I haven’t migrated my family’s plans from PM. Koodo says they’re not able to restrict the access. Of course we PM users know they’re fully capable of doing it. I don’t blame them for their policies. They’re going to make their money one way or another. Plans would be costlier if they didn’t make money on overages, LD, etc. Unfortunately I can’t trust my users to not make a mistake and use Koodo at 50 cents instead of the $0.00 or $0.02 options I’ve taught them.
Thanks!

What incredible bastards Koodos! Hopefully there is a way to disable US calls at the phone level?

There is definitely option for infernational outgoing calls barring, but since US and Canada are same format , I wonder if it would work..

What about those 1-8xx numbers? Are all of them toll-free? Or one shoulld be careful?
One peace of mind with PM is of course that you do not worry about accidental crazy charges :)
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1500 posts
724 upvotes
NixxonExxo wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 12:05 am
Did you select the promo plan before submitting your purchase?
Yes. Did everything correctly. My order confirmation and shipping notice both list $40/6gb promo. But they sent me an unactivated SIM. Level 1 rep couldn't help and supervisor refused to activate without porting in.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1380 posts
358 upvotes
rolomonster wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 12:20 am
Yes. Did everything correctly. My order confirmation and shipping notice both list $40/6gb promo. But they sent me an unactivated SIM. Level 1 rep couldn't help and supervisor refused to activate without porting in.
Ouups.. all loopholes patched?
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1595 posts
415 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Tell them they need to refund the sim because they have broken their end of the contract and now you're stuck without service and sitting on an empty SIM card. Talk to a level two supervisor by hinting to cancel all your service or tell them the customer service experience have been terrible. There's usually a survey that goes out every time you finish a call through customer service. Don't use any threats but keep on suggesting how unsatisfied you are with the service. Currently there is no watchdog over these promos so no one at the company have the right to tell you or deny you from completing a contract that was already approved from the beginning. Your email confirmation is proof that it's been approved or why would they send out a SIM card just to break their end of the contract after.
rolomonster wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 12:20 am
Last edited by NixxonExxo on Mar 14th, 2018 12:53 am, edited 3 times in total.