Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 3:47 pm

Poll: Did you transfer to Koodo?

• Total votes: 418. You have voted on this poll.
1) Yes

68%
2) No

32%

Poll ended at Apr 7th, 2018 8:42 pm

Oct 7, 2007
217 posts
8 upvotes
Anyone here had credit on their PM before moving to Koodo? I moved when I read here that the prepaid credit will transfer over to Koodo but now see in the PM forums that they are refunding nor transferring it. Had I known this I would not have moved =(
Mar 1, 2012
765 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
Tichi wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 12:13 am
Soooooo.. As the dust is settling...

It looks like Telus bought whole PM Fall2016promo crowd for mere 2GB/month. :)

Prety cheap, is not it? Well of course there were also those still hypothetical $100 referrals that lasted only a couple of days?

Remember, what outrage caused first migration offer 4GB/month? Combined with threatening $10/month price increase at PM ...
And now, at 6GB/month, it looks like 70%-80% jumped PM ship.

Does not seem that any more sweet migration deals are coming, does it?
If it was merely about the 2gb then people would not have left. Most people don't have many referrals on their public mobile account so its around the same $$$$ for 2gb. Not to mention those that jumped ship early and threw their referral link on kijiji easily got 300 in referral credit. Combine that with phone upgrade -150/120 credit. Not really a tough choice.
Jan 7, 2015
329 posts
35 upvotes
GVR
I just activated at a Koodo booth tonight and only paid for the sim. However, it seemed like the rep typed in the wrong email for my account and when I try to make a self-serve acc online, it says "this account # is already linked to another email."

I assume I'll have to call in to get this fixed? I don't want to touch my referral email until I get this sorted out in case they are linked to each other.
Oct 24, 2011
354 posts
133 upvotes
SURREY
enjae wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 1:05 am
Anyone here had credit on their PM before moving to Koodo? I moved when I read here that the prepaid credit will transfer over to Koodo but now see in the PM forums that they are refunding nor transferring it. Had I known this I would not have moved =(
enjae wrote:
I believe that the $100 credit was to offset the loss of your prepay on PM.
Tichi wrote:

Prety cheap, is not it? Well of course there were also those still hypothetical $100 referrals that lasted only a couple of days?

Remember, what outrage caused first migration offer 4GB/month? Combined with threatening $10/month price increase at PM ...

$10 for nothing vs. $0 for 2 gb is a large difference to me as I’ve gone through the data price wars for a decade. I don’t want to go down the “in my day” trail but I feel like I’m not alone. The ability to roam in the US plus nationwide minutes was a definite increase in value. Top that off with the ability to upgrade phones now without entering a contract. I’ve drank the Koodo Koolaid and I’m smiling ear to ear about it.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Mar 1, 2012
765 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
LOL got my first monthly bill $70.12 going to be a fun call tmr.
Jun 12, 2015
96 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
We can't make this prepaid? Like the $48 SK plan was b4?
If just want the deal and no phones?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2010
3744 posts
149 upvotes
Barrie
Tichi wrote:

2GB and a half price Pixel 2 XL and a $50 referral bonus for joining... plus $100 for half a month of my PM plan. Seems like a pretty good deal to me
We don't know, so it's possible. And it's possible, so it's probably probable.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4721 posts
746 upvotes
Mississauga
enjae wrote:
dunno what you are reading but 100 people would have told you... no, it doesn't get transferred... that's why you get $100 bill credit from koodo for migrating...
Nov 24, 2012
553 posts
352 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
darkadvenger wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 1:33 am
LOL got my first monthly bill $70.12 going to be a fun call tmr.
Check the bill first. Assuming there's no other error, you would have the regular assessment for the upcoming month ($40 plus tax) along with a one-time extra payment for the pro-rated time you've used. In my case, I joined on February 25th and my billing cycle starts on the 5th of the month. Therefore, I had a pro-rated charge for those 8 days.
Jan 18, 2016
356 posts
326 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
tvisforme wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 2:52 am
Check the bill first. Assuming there's no other error, you would have the regular assessment for the upcoming month ($40 plus tax) along with a one-time extra payment for the pro-rated time you've used. In my case, I joined on February 25th and my billing cycle starts on the 5th of the month. Therefore, I had a pro-rated charge for those 8 days.
Just an update Koodo system consider every month as 30 days for calculation so might have been charged for 10 days and not 8. Its a small amount so I decided not to waste my time with CSR.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1873 posts
255 upvotes
Calgary
Ordered my sim on March 8. Still havent received shipping notification yet. Loudly Crying Face
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1269 posts
301 upvotes
Markham
dnyc wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 4:44 am
Ordered my sim on March 8. Still havent received shipping notification yet. Loudly Crying Face
ordered march 7th, and still waiting ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
2165 posts
12 upvotes
lildevilx wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 6:02 am
ordered march 7th, and still waiting ;)
Yeah it took me calling Friday to get my order manually processed among the 1000+ backlog of orders to finally get shipment sim email yesterday. Email states that it can still be another 3-5 business days to receive my sim. Ordered last week, Tuesday night. I definitely won't get to refer my family on my dime now.

I wonder if they'll magically extend this promo by a few days or until the weekend. PM used to do that I believe.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4126 posts
247 upvotes
Flames wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:30 pm
You have to put in the the promo code after adding sim to cart, then you'll see it.
Tried that. No dice.
Maybe it's a glitch?
I'm looking for a NZ Silver Fern Kiwi coin! :)
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
13649 posts
1454 upvotes
Toronto
Just tried and the promo code still works for me.