Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 3:47 pm

Poll: Did you transfer to Koodo?

• Total votes: 418. You have voted on this poll.
1) Yes

68%
2) No

32%

Poll ended at Apr 7th, 2018 8:42 pm

Jul 18, 2014
181 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
called in and while they didnt give me this deal, they gave me another deal instead, $55/4GB unlimited call / text bla bla things. after tax, it still comes up to $62. is these even worth it? paying taxes on phone bills infuriates me somehow.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22156 posts
10320 upvotes
Toronto
expiredyogurt wrote: called in and while they didnt give me this deal, they gave me another deal instead, $55/4GB unlimited call / text bla bla things. after tax, it still comes up to $62. is these even worth it? paying taxes on phone bills infuriates me somehow.
I recommend not taking the deal if you can do better somewhere else. You could also take the deal for now and leave if you find something better.
Apr 8, 2008
4 posts
Vancouver
Question for those that have switched with this deal and gotten a new phone.

I am looking into switching into the koodo deal before it expires (whenever that is), and also getting a new phone.

This weekend, London Drugs has a $100 gift card for activations of Telus or Koodo. However they don't have any phone that I fancy (pixel2 or essential).
There is another shop close by to me where they do have the phones, but there is no bonus or anything for activating with them (besides the public mobile credit of course).

My question is:
Can I activate my account at London Drugs, to get the $100 London Drugs gift card, then go to the other shop, and set up a koodo tab with them and get the phone I want?

Thanks in advance guys!

Pd. I will need a Koodo referal :)

Cheers
Mar 6, 2018
14 posts
11 upvotes
Just got my port over with seal box iPhone 6 with 325 GC at Grandview highway WM in vancouver.

The guy didn't open the box when activate. Box still seal.

Do you guys know if you could transfer WM GC credit to a credit card?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22156 posts
10320 upvotes
Toronto
Nick04 wrote: Just got my port over with seal box iPhone 6 with 325 GC at Grandview highway WM in vancouver.

The guy didn't open the box when activate. Box still seal.

Do you guys know if you could transfer WM GC credit to a credit card?
You may be able to buy prepaid credit cards like VIsa and Mastercard but they cannot be applied to a credit card balance.
Mar 6, 2018
14 posts
11 upvotes
audit13 wrote: You may be able to buy prepaid credit cards like VIsa and Mastercard but they cannot be applied to a credit card balance.
Thanks.
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
5 posts
21 upvotes
Koodo is definitely and actively cracking down on multiple uses of the code. I finally got the sim for my wife's switch yesterday for an online order I did on March 9th (delayed due to other mix up). At 5:00 yesterday we received an email with the following:
We were verifying through our system the code that you provided that is GOKOODO406GB with your validation number XXXXXXXXXX and it seems that we can't validate those details in order to provide the plan that you requested.

We wanted to ask if by any chance it was a mistake either with the code or the validation number, in that way we will be able to proceed if you send us the correct one, otherwise, you'll have to choose a plan that is currently on the market.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
expiredyogurt wrote: called in and while they didnt give me this deal, they gave me another deal instead, $55/4GB unlimited call / text bla bla things. after tax, it still comes up to $62. is these even worth it? paying taxes on phone bills infuriates me somehow.
Hey. Go to Public Mobile. $135 gets you 12GB ( throttled but still can stream videos) and unlimited prov calling. This is for 90 days so averages to $45/month or less of you autopay
Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6369 posts
6730 upvotes
Center of Canada
audit13 wrote: You may be able to buy prepaid credit cards like VIsa and Mastercard but they cannot be applied to a credit card balance.
I use WM GC to buy LCBO GC, no question ask.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22156 posts
10320 upvotes
Toronto
cheapshopper wrote: I use WM GC to buy LCBO GC, no question ask.
Cool.

I don't consume alcohol and would try for Visa or MasterCard so I could use them to pay my koodo bill :)
Jul 18, 2014
181 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
spotts01 wrote: Hey. Go to Public Mobile. $135 gets you 12GB ( throttled but still can stream videos) and unlimited prov calling. This is for 90 days so averages to $45/month or less of you autopay
thats pretty interesting. I only want data and dont really care about the calls / texts. i'll look into this. The other provider that I am looking at is Wind but I'm really sceptical about other secondary provider because of their coverage. I only know koodo and fido has good coverage within my area and would only gamble with them
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
expiredyogurt wrote: thats pretty interesting. I only want data and dont really care about the calls / texts. i'll look into this. The other provider that I am looking at is Wind but I'm really sceptical about other secondary provider because of their coverage. I only know koodo and fido has good coverage within my area and would only gamble with them
Fido still has the $15/mo. data-only plan for 3GB of LTE speed per month. No contract BYOD.

I had it for a year, then called to quit. So they cut the price by 50% to keep me on. So I was paying about $8/month.

Good deal!
Jul 18, 2014
181 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
Inno wrote: Fido still has the $15/mo. data-only plan for 3GB of LTE speed per month. No contract BYOD.

I had it for a year, then called to quit. So they cut the price by 50% to keep me on. So I was paying about $8/month.

Good deal!
I tried to ask in the respective forum about this deal but i dont really get it and people aren't really explaining the nitty gritty.
don't you need to bring in a tablet and activate this on the spot? I have a spare phone that i can use to hotspot all my other device but....

also, the previous poster's post is prolly a troll because this is a PM to Koodo but hes suggesting that I go from Koodo to PM hah!
Aug 2, 2014
916 posts
1206 upvotes
Vancity
SickBeast wrote: For the sake of $3/month extra I think it's worth it for you. You'll gain access to subsidized phones and the $100 activation credit will cover the difference for you for almost 3 years. Plus you can get a referral and potentially another $100 for activating in store.
How much do you get for being referred, and how do you get $100 in store?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
expiredyogurt wrote: I tried to ask in the respective forum about this deal but i dont really get it and people aren't really explaining the nitty gritty.
don't you need to bring in a tablet and activate this on the spot? I have a spare phone that i can use to hotspot all my other device but....

also, the previous poster's post is prolly a troll because this is a PM to Koodo but hes suggesting that I go from Koodo to PM hah!
Very simple. They give you a SIM and you put it in any device you want. I used an old iPhone and created a Hotspot, like you said.
Last edited by Inno on Mar 24th, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 12, 2018
25 posts
7 upvotes
In Ontario, Koodo, Fido and Virgin kiosks are offering 4GB for $50. 1gb plus 3GB bonus. Or you can get 6GB for $60. 3GB plus 3GB bonus.
Jan 30, 2013
9 posts
1 upvote
Girlfriend and I were able to get the iPhone 6 and LG Q6 at walmart for $325 gc and $300 gc respectively. We ran into trouble purchasing prepaid mastercard, however, the cashier called a csm representative and they said we are not allowed to purchase them with a gift card. She sounded unsure but insisted they recently changed the policy...? Anyone else having this issue? Will going through the self checkout work? TIA!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
expiredyogurt wrote:
A troll? Really? You never said that you were coming from Koodo, you only complained about the deal they offered you. Since you are already with Koodo you should have known that you are not eligible for this if you had read any of the pages here. It is repeated constantly who is eligible.

As for me, I do qualify for this deal and a number of my family members have moved onto this deal at my recommendation as noted by multiple posts in this very thread.

I still think my original reply to your post is valid given your complaint about a $55 koodo plan.
Public Mobile
Jul 18, 2014
181 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
Bostbrn wrote: In Ontario, Koodo, Fido and Virgin kiosks are offering 4GB for $50. 1gb plus 3GB bonus. Or you can get 6GB for $60. 3GB plus 3GB bonus.
how legit is this? I have a different area code and moved to TO recently. I dont mind opening a new line if it means getting a good deal with koodo. I wanted a 416 number anyway since people are starting to give me weird looks when I give them my number.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2299 posts
2095 upvotes
Ontario
I received an email confirming my activation with a temp number. Since I haven't ported over yet, does that mean I have access to both the $40/6GB Koodo and $120/12GB PM plans?
Virgin Plus ($29/35GB BYOD)