Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 3:47 pm

Poll: Did you transfer to Koodo?

• Total votes: 418. You have voted on this poll.
1) Yes

68%
2) No

32%

Poll ended at Apr 7th, 2018 8:42 pm

Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
I refuse to move to Koodo and reward Telus for mistreatment of PM customers. I am going to move to Zoomer (which I know is unfortunately Rogers) for their 2 GB plan for $36 per month. Plus you get a phone for free you can sell for $150 on Kijiji, so the plan works out to be about $30 per month.

Yes if I absolutely needed 4 GB, I’d be screwed but 2 GB is fine.
Mar 7, 2007
221 posts
53 upvotes
shayne85 wrote: I refuse to move to Koodo and reward Telus for mistreatment of PM customers. I am going to move to Zoomer (which I know is unfortunately Rogers) for their 2 GB plan for $36 per month. Plus you get a phone for free you can sell for $150 on Kijiji, so the plan works out to be about $30 per month.

Zoomer is currently offering 3GB fyi
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
metrognome wrote: Zoomer is currently offering 3GB fyi
Apparently that promo just ended. It is back to 2GB.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
shayne85 wrote: I refuse to move to Koodo and reward Telus for mistreatment of PM customers. I am going to move to Zoomer (which I know is unfortunately Rogers) for their 2 GB plan for $36 per month. Plus you get a phone for free you can sell for $150 on Kijiji, so the plan works out to be about $30 per month.

This amounts to biting your nose to spite your face. There is no such thing as competition in this country as far as cellular service is concerned. At the end of the day, rather than hold a grudge against any one carrier, be prepared to churn your allegiance on a dime to whoever offers the best bang for the buck. Be mercenary in your thinking and look after your wallet.
Jan 10, 2005
530 posts
254 upvotes
Rogido wrote: They've used the carrot. Now if they still want or need to move subscribers over to Koodo, they'd use the stick, in the form of making PM plans less attractive...less credit, 3G speed...
Obligatory 1 week cooling off period, for people who "got the deal" to feel smug, and dome sad faces to show up on the forums, for those who "missed out".

Then without much fanfare, texts will go out to eligible hold outs, same deal, with some new tab options to "sweeten" the deal. Because you know, continuous post-paid subscriber growth is a real metric, and tab = captive audience.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
remik wrote: GOKOODO406GB CODE APPEARS TO BE DEAD.
New targetted code is GOKOODO4505GPO. Only works for targetted numbers if you receive the text. Text “offer” to 5132 to check.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

$99 10GB/month Can/US/Mexico, 1000 minutes, free evenings and weekend
May 10, 2008
309 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton
Jonavin wrote: New targetted code is GOKOODO4505GPO. Only works for targetted numbers if you receive the text. Text “offer” to 5132 to check.
Face With Tears Of Joy🤣Face With Tears Of Joy🤣Thinking FaceThinking FaceThinking Face
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6371 posts
6733 upvotes
Center of Canada
Jonavin wrote: New targetted code is GOKOODO4505GPO. Only works for targetted numbers if you receive the text. Text “offer” to 5132 to check.
so is 5gb now?
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
will888 wrote: This amounts to biting your nose to spite your face. There is no such thing as competition in this country as far as cellular service is concerned. At the end of the day, rather than hold a grudge against any one carrier, be prepared to churn your allegiance on a dime to whoever offers the best bang for the buck. Be mercenary in your thinking and look after your wallet.
Yes best bang for your buck was 3 GB for $36 from Zoomer until end of March, now it’s 2 GB for $36 from Zoomer.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
Nice April fool's joke.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
sixer wrote: It's a joke
But it worked, for both of my PM #s that had been ported to Koodo! I already received order confirmation email from Koodo. And get this, you can even get Tab L!
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1476 posts
336 upvotes
BC
Take today's posts with a grain of salt Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
CHIA
Aug 3, 2005
105 posts
29 upvotes
Rogido wrote: But it worked, for both of my PM #s that had been ported to Koodo! I already received order confirmation email from Koodo. And get this, you can even get Tab L!
I was able to get pixel XL on small tab for 0 up front with that code.
Nov 18, 2014
655 posts
616 upvotes
Calgary, AB
You should add a question to the poll: "As a current Koodo customer where you able to get this plan?". I know there were a lot that were able to.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6371 posts
6733 upvotes
Center of Canada
will888 wrote: This amounts to biting your nose to spite your face. There is no such thing as competition in this country as far as cellular service is concerned. At the end of the day, rather than hold a grudge against any one carrier, be prepared to churn your allegiance on a dime to whoever offers the best bang for the buck. Be mercenary in your thinking and look after your wallet.
HAHAHHA, right, almost forgot it is April 1
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
redFlagDealer wrote: I was able to get pixel XL on small tab for 0 up front with that code.
I went with the iPhone X on Medium Tab, $0 upfront. A little more, but...
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
redFlagDealer wrote: I was able to get pixel XL on small tab for 0 up front with that code.
Did you get the $50 extra bill credit? Seems like it’s YMMV today for that.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
torontokris wrote: How were current koodo customers able to get the plan?
Delorean, Flux Capacitor and 2 banana peels.

Check kijiji but make sure the VIN is not recalled by Transport Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.3282571