• Jun 18th, 2018 6:17 am
Jul 16, 2012
450 posts
221 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
embguy wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 1:04 pm
Advantages of adding new line to an existing Koodo account are:
1. All referral credits from different lines are pooled in the same account. You can use them to pay your next statement automatically. If you not already know, negative balance means that you have credit in your account for future payment.
2. After you cancel the first line in your account, Koodo is still using that email address to communicate with you. The Koodo bill credit deposited email will tell you the credit is for which line. Look for account # and phone # info at the top of that email.
3. It costs you and me only 50 cents per day to stay with Koodo on seasonal hold. Therefore, I don't cancel right at the 91 days. I stayed for 5 months for one of my line to get enough credit to pay for the tab balance of that line after cancellation.
4. It is easy to switch your new line to seasonal hold if you have an Koodo account over 90 or closed to 90 days old. I found this out accidentally. After adding a line to a 2.5 months old account, I called to switch the new line to SH. CSR said since my account is 2.5 months old, he will make an exception to switch my new line to SH right away. I usually add one line per month to that older 90 days account, I was able to switch new line to SH without any resistant. YMMV It may be my luck in getting easy CSR after that. YMMV. Keep your 90 days old account as long as possible. It costs you only 50 cents per day to stay with Koodo. One referral credit will cover your payment for 1 month including part of your monthly tab charge.

Please don't ask for referral in any RFD thread to stay at RFD for more deals - Don't kill the golden goose!
Ahh good to know my understanding was SH eligibility was based on 90-days from when second/third etc line was opened not the actual account itself good to know.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1498 posts
724 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 1:04 pm
4. It is easy to switch your new line to seasonal hold if you have an Koodo account over 90 or closed to 90 days old. I found this out accidentally. After adding a line to a 2.5 months old account, I called to switch the new line to SH. CSR said since my account is 2.5 months old, he will make an exception to switch my new line to SH right away. I usually add one line per month to that older 90 days account, I was able to switch new line to SH without any resistant. YMMV It may be my luck in getting easy CSR after that. YMMV. Keep your 90 days old account as long as possible. It costs you only 50 cents per day to stay with Koodo. One referral credit will cover your payment for 1 month including part of your monthly tab charge.
Have you tried this recently? I currently have two lines on SH and was going to open a new line but know it may be a hassle getting the new line on SH. I had to go to a supervisor about line 1 and 2.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
8340 posts
8130 upvotes
rolomonster wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 1:14 pm
Have you tried this recently? I currently have two lines on SH and was going to open a new line but know it may be a hassle getting the new line on SH. I had to go to a supervisor about line 1 and 2.
The most recent switch was Feb 13. Switch to SH on the first call.
I will try to switch a new line to SH in a few days as I usually don't call the next day. I always have uneasy feeling about calling to switch to SH. lol
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
1x Zoomer $36 loyalty plan, 1x Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 numbers $117($72 + 2x$22.5)
[OP]
May 8, 2009
5045 posts
1693 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
canucks4life wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 1:13 pm
Ahh good to know my understanding was SH eligibility was based on 90-days from when second/third etc line was opened not the actual account itself good to know.
Might disqualify you from referral credits down the road. It's a YMMV.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
8340 posts
8130 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 1:30 pm
Might disqualify you from referral credits down the road. It's a YMMV.
That question was came up couple of years ago when SH was suggested to cut down the cost of staying for 90 days. Since the SH is a valid Koodo plan, the conclusion at Koodo community was okay and everyone got their bill credits.

With the recent Koodo requirement change, the minimum plan for small tab is $35 plan. Koodo may try to plug the loophole. But Koodo has a bigger problem to deal with people canceling the next day for the past few months. Koodo is still getting income from SH without adding load to their network. Koodo may increase the SH for another $5. IIRC, there was an rate increase couple years ago to $15/m. IIRC It was $5/m IIRC

Update 1: It was $5/m SH back in 2013. Refer to this old thread for details.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merged-k ... #p16865577
1x Zoomer $36 loyalty plan, 1x Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 numbers $117($72 + 2x$22.5)
Jul 16, 2003
571 posts
212 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
@titaniumtux @embguy I'll try spending some time aggregating/simplifying my questions later for the faq. At the moment I haven't slept in 2 days. So I'm probably being repetitive and slightly in-concise.

So I read there that you can cancel your main (original) line and still keep the account open and using that email address. That was pertaining to my next question basically. Because my main line is over 90 days and I don't use it I was planning on cancelling it after the referrals show as completed and I max out that line. But now I think I read it doesn't matter if that line is still there after it has sent out the referrals. So could I cancel it right now and get the referrals still later as long as I don't close my account? Or do I have to wait till they are completed but not added to the account yet?

And what about if I ever want to create a line again with that main email address, but the account is already tied to that email address? Can I actually add a line to the account with the original email address again after a month or two? Also how exactly would one close the account? You would have to close every line on the account before the account closed?

Also anyone have any experience about selling or giving away a line to someone else? Because I have two lines on the $40/6Gb promo and I had no intention of keeping them for myself but it seems a shame to put them out to pasture on the SH plan when so many people want them. I even saw one guy on here offer $200 for one of these plans. Basically if I were to transfer them to someone, would the referrals still end up in my account just like if I'd cancelled the line but kept the account open? Much as I want to help some people out if I can and share the good plan, I don't want to lose my referrals.

I hope I made sense, I am really tired.
2x $40/6Gb Koodo plans for PM 2016 Fall Promo subscribers
Public Mobile 12/120 plan paying $19/month for 4Gb after rewards
Koodo Seasonal hold $15/month for buying phones
3x Virgin flexdata $5/month for 1Gb in ipads/voip phones
[OP]
May 8, 2009
5045 posts
1693 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Mixam wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 3:33 pm
@titaniumtux @embguy I'll try spending some time aggregating/simplifying my questions later for the faq. At the moment I haven't slept in 2 days. So I'm probably being repetitive and slightly in-concise.

So I read there that you can cancel your main (original) line and still keep the account open and using that email address. That was pertaining to my next question basically. Because my main line is over 90 days and I don't use it I was planning on cancelling it after the referrals show as completed and I max out that line. But now I think I read it doesn't matter if that line is still there after it has sent out the referrals. So could I cancel it right now and get the referrals still later as long as I don't close my account? Or do I have to wait till they are completed but not added to the account yet?

And what about if I ever want to create a line again with that main email address, but the account is already tied to that email address? Can I actually add a line to the account with the original email address again after a month or two? Also how exactly would one close the account? You would have to close every line on the account before the account closed?

Also anyone have any experience about selling or giving away a line to someone else? Because I have two lines on the $40/6Gb promo and I had no intention of keeping them for myself but it seems a shame to put them out to pasture on the SH plan when so many people want them. I even saw one guy on here offer $200 for one of these plans. Basically if I were to transfer them to someone, would the referrals still end up in my account just like if I'd cancelled the line but kept the account open? Much as I want to help some people out if I can and share the good plan, I don't want to lose my referrals.

I hope I made sense, I am really tired.
  1. your initial email address will always be the main email (unless you change it with customer service, but as per current process there's no need for that). As long as the account remains active, you'll receive referrals even on cancelled lines
  2. To add a line later, follow the steps in OP
  3. Post your PM plan on RFD BST. Someone will likely buy it from you.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Jul 16, 2003
571 posts
212 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
titaniumtux wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 4:02 pm
[*]Post your PM plan on RFD BST. Someone will likely buy it from you.
Yeah I was thinking of that, but what are the implications of that on tab/referrals? Like if transferring the number do I get stuck with the tab or do they? I'm guessing the referrals are linked to the account not the line so I'll probably still get the referrals. I just want to know what I'm getting into so I don't accidentally sell someone a plan with a $360 tab on it. Anyone have any experience with this?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
8340 posts
8130 upvotes
Mixam wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 4:30 pm
Yeah I was thinking of that, but what are the implications of that on tab/referrals? Like if transferring the number do I get stuck with the tab or do they? I'm guessing the referrals are linked to the account not the line so I'll probably still get the referrals. I just want to know what I'm getting into so I don't accidentally sell someone a plan with a $360 tab on it. Anyone have any experience with this?
[JMO]
The tab balance is attached to the phone number/plan which you are selling. This is because the tab balance is due when you cancel that number/plan. Therefore, if someone assume responsibility on the number/plan, the tab balance will go with it to the new owner.

If that number/plan is not on your account when the bill credit arrives, I don't know what will happen. Ask Koodo.
[/JMO]
Jul 16, 2003
571 posts
212 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
embguy wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 5:09 pm
[JMO]
The tab balance is attached to the phone number/plan which you are selling. This is because the tab balance is due when you cancel that number/plan. Therefore, if someone assume responsibility on the number/plan, the tab balance will go with it to the new owner.

If that number/plan is not on your account when the bill credit arrives, I don't know what will happen. Ask Koodo.
[/JMO]
Titanium was saying earlier that he's cancelled lines before getting the referral credit and still got the referral credit on his account. Which is why I was asking because I didn't think that would happen so who knows what happens when you transfer it to someone.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1498 posts
724 upvotes
Mixam wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 4:30 pm
It's linked to your phone number which is linked to your account. That's why they asked now to make sure your phone number has fully ported over before confirming your referral.

I also don't think that you can do a transfer of responsibility on an account less than 90 days in.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
[OP]
May 8, 2009
5045 posts
1693 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
rolomonster wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 5:24 pm
It's linked to your phone number which is linked to your account. That's why they asked now to make sure your phone number has fully ported over before confirming your referral.

I also don't think that you can do a transfer of responsibility on an account less than 90 days in.
Correct. Minimum 90 days of keeping that line on Koodo. Then can transfer it to someone else.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
8340 posts
8130 upvotes
Mixam wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 5:19 pm
Titanium was saying earlier that he's cancelled lines before getting the referral credit and still got the referral credit on his account. Which is why I was asking because I didn't think that would happen so who knows what happens when you transfer it to someone.
Are you selling the number with over 90 days with Koodo?
If yes, you should get the bill credit. Otherwise, you don't get the credit or the credit will be clawed back.

Since you are talking about the new activation related to the PM to Koodo $40/6GB plan, you will not get the bill credit for that main line in your account because you did not stay for 90 days.
Jul 16, 2003
571 posts
212 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
embguy wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 5:34 pm
Are you selling the number with over 90 days with Koodo?
If yes, you should get the bill credit. Otherwise, you don't get the credit or the credit will be clawed back.

Since you are talking about the new activation related to the PM to Koodo $40/6GB plan, you will not get the bill credit for that main line in your account because you did not stay for 90 days.
So to keep the bill credit I have to stay for 90 days with that particular line, not the account? Because my original line is over 90 days but the lines on the plan are brand new.
[OP]
May 8, 2009
5045 posts
1693 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Mixam wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 6:21 pm
So to keep the bill credit I have to stay for 90 days with that particular line, not the account? Because my original line is over 90 days but the lines on the plan are brand new.
Correct. But keeping any active service on that account will inevitably keep the account alive. You won't need any active service past the 90 day mark, but will need at least one runner going.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)