Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Various credits on different phones (Listed between 50$ and 150$ bill credits) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2018 8:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2081 posts
2163 upvotes

[Koodo] Various credits on different phones (Listed between 50$ and 150$ bill credits) YMMV

Logged in to my account to find the following:

$150 off the Samsung Galaxy A8 (32 GB, black)

$75 off your first bill. iphone 6s, Samsung S7, LG G6, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, LG V30, Samsung S8/S8+, Samsung Note8, BB Motion,

$50 off your first bill. iphone SE, iPhone 6, Samsung A5, Essential, LG Stylo 3 Plus

Note that this might differ as promos are applied differently in some accounts.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1844 posts
1035 upvotes
Calgary
Should probably specify what size of tab these require but,
Isn't the $120 SPC discount a better deal? (I think it's $10/month for 12 months, replaces the "bill credit" incentives)
Also some people have said that specific retailers/resellers like WOW and WalMart have different hardware promos going on currently? Like the Samsung S8 for $0 and can possibly be combined with the SPC promo
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2081 posts
2163 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 1:55 pm
Isn't the $120 SPC discount a better deal? (I think it's $10/month for 12 months, replaces the "bill credit" incentives)
Also some people have said that specific retailers/resellers like WOW and WalMart have different hardware promos going on currently? Like the Samsung S8 for $0 and can possibly be combined with the SPC promo
That is an option for every person to consider. Also to note, couple of months back, got the 50$ credit for the Essential, and I called in stating that if they doubled it, then I would consider the phone, on which they did.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4289 posts
2711 upvotes
Calgary
crazy Koodo pricing the 6S and 7 the same.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6320 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 1:55 pm
Is the SPC promo still alive? Didn't know you could use it with non-koodo kiosks.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3126 posts
2485 upvotes
Muskoka
As this is targeted to existing customers, I believe the WOW and Walmart promos are for new activations so they would likely not apply. If the SPC discount is still on ( I have seen July 31 somewhere) then, yes it would apply and it does replace any discount or bill credit noted for this sale.

But nevertheless, it's nice to see that Koodo is offering some discounts to current customers.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Feb 23, 2017
47 posts
36 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Anyone know how often they rotate their sales? Specifically, if they bring back the $450 off on the Pixel 2s?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6320 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto
spotts01 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 7:40 pm
As this is targeted to existing customers, I believe the WOW and Walmart promos are for new activations so they would likely not apply. If the SPC discount is still on ( I have seen July 31 somewhere) then, yes it would apply and it does replace any discount or bill credit noted for this sale.

But nevertheless, it's nice to see that Koodo is offering some discounts to current customers.
I just did a test run. Koodo site did accept the generic SPC code (SPCKOODO2) but when I entered my 10-digit SPC number starting with 18, I got this message:

"Oops! This validation code isn't valid. Make sure you've entered the correct info. Codes are case sensitive." My SPC number is registered.

Strangely it worked last week when I did some tests, but it forced me to give up the "Additional offer discount" of $125 (which is a wash anyhow: $10/mo. SPC promo vs $125 promo offer. Same difference.)
Apr 15, 2004
677 posts
133 upvotes
spotts01 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 7:40 pm

I'd very much like to take advantage of the SPC offer, but I've had no luck getting a card through their website - even though I've been charged for it 9 times already - and I can't get one from a store. Edit: I actually ended up getting an essential phone at best buy with the trade in and free speaker offer which was worth even more all combined than the SPC discount on its own.
Last edited by imposter on Apr 10th, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6320 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto
imposter wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 9:46 am
I'd very much like to take advantage of the SPC offer, but I've had no luck getting a card through their website - even though I've been charged for it 9 times already - and I can't get one from a store. If anyone is willing to pm me their SPC number and I can actually get signed onto Koodo with it I'll be happy to give you the $10 instead of them. This is the only thing I need the card for.
If you are buying a phone with a promo credit of $125, there is no benefit to using the SPC code, since they take any the $125 credit.

You can't piggyback the SPC.
Apr 15, 2004
677 posts
133 upvotes
Inno wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 10:56 am
If you are buying a phone with a promo credit of $125, there is no benefit to using the SPC code, since they take any the $125 credit.

You can't piggyback the SPC.
I'm not getting a phone with the $125 promo credit.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
11934 posts
2702 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Yes, I checked and the credits are on my account, The amounts are not as generous as the last go-around though. For example, last time I was eligible for bill credit of $150 for the Essential Phone. Only $50 this time. In in many cases, the max bill credit is only available on Tab Large.
Jul 16, 2012
718 posts
401 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Rogido wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 12:40 pm
Yes, I checked and the credits are on my account, The amounts are not as generous as the last go-around though. For example, last time I was eligible for bill credit of $150 for the Essential Phone. Only $50 this time. In in many cases, the max bill credit is only available on Tab Large.
Yeah has been a pretty tough April so far as is gonna get worse April 12th :(
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
5882 posts
3889 upvotes
Richmond Hill
canucks4life wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 1:31 pm
Yeah has been a pretty tough April so far as is gonna get worse April 12th :(
Late April and early May of last year saw some pretty good Koodo deals. Hopefully history repeats itself!
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5107 posts
294 upvotes
Markham
if i am already a koodo customer ($40/6gb) and want an iphone x (with the discounted tab large pricing) is there a way to take advantage of this?