• Feb 12th, 2013 12:19 am
Tags:
None
Mar 12, 2010
2 posts

Koodo vs Virgin mobile?

Hi,
I need youguys advise.

I want to port over to Koodo or Virgin $60.00 unlimited calls ,1GB data plan.
I will do Bring Your Own Phone (AKA Sim activation only)
so,I ll get 10% off monthly rate fee($60.00-$6.00=$54.00/month)

Upto today, Koodo gives $100.00 gift card ($75.00 Visa,$25.00 store Credit @ Koodo store).
Virgin gives nothing but they say,they have Member discount with 25% off H&M and somewhere around..

What youguys think,who to pick?
Koodo to get onetime $100.00 gift card ($75.00 Visa,$25.00 store Credit @ Koodo store). OR
Virgin to get member benefit while stay with Virgin.
Thanks.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2336 posts
150 upvotes
Brampton
Are there any hidden fees that the website doesn't tell you about? I'm debating whether or not to cancel my Rogers account to go to Koodo.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15246 posts
532 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Are the $57 2gb plans gone? That's too bad, they were decent deal, especially for Canada.

Looks like Koodo is giving you a better deal so go with them.

Escentially you will get the same service with both providers so whomever has the better phones and plans go with.

Since you bare bringing your own phone, only then plan matters.
HEATWARE (21 - 0) - evilbaby
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
3821 posts
329 upvotes
Barrys Bay
Aren't koodo plans nationwide calling as well, so no long distance./
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster
theguyz wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 1:12 pm
Aren't koodo plans nationwide calling as well, so no long distance./
on higher end plans yes. The plans mentioned would be a higher plan.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
3677 posts
238 upvotes
Koodo has much better customer service, & virgin isnt any cheaper so i say koodo
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
3593 posts
496 upvotes
BC
I personally can't stand Koodo customer service, while Virgin CS has been great for me.

However, when it comes to a $100 GC for 25% clothing discount, then typically the $$$ wins over. However, you may want to talk to Virgin and see if they'll match it or provide it as a bill credit.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
1611 posts
220 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Koodo has been great and cheap, I recommend them.

Hoping by this time next year the SGS3 is as cheap as the S2X.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6112 posts
706 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 8:32 am
I personally can't stand Koodo customer service, while Virgin CS has been great for me.

However, when it comes to a $100 GC for 25% clothing discount, then typically the $$$ wins over. However, you may want to talk to Virgin and see if they'll match it or provide it as a bill credit.
I can't stand Virgin customer service. Very unprofessional they speak like they're in high school. Not sure if thats the way they purposely setup. I called once and was greeted with "Hey thanks for calling virgin, whats going on yo?" I was like what???
Jan 25, 2013
252 posts
26 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
i use to be with koodo and i loved them to guts. i was with them since i started High school. Best network coverage i have ever had! the only reason why i switched now is because i needed a data plan at a lower price. but i would so go back to koodo if i had the chance.
“Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.” - Lady Gaga
× < >