Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] (YMMV) Cert Pre-owned Huawei P20 Pro $0 medium tab

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2019 2:57 pm
Feb 8, 2019
12 posts
4 upvotes
Picked mine up for $260 (0$ up front $11/mth tab medium) when the rep added a $100 credit. Refurb should be as good as new so im not concerned with that in the least. Im a YouTuber so to me this is a hot deal camera wise with Pie either on it or coming soon, certainly an upgrade in camera from my LG G6, and while I loved my Pixel XL2, looking at the shots in comparison with even the pixel xl 3 and what the software does, it doesnt beat what the hardware does with the Huawei in my opinion.
Nov 11, 2009
439 posts
111 upvotes
Edmonton
THEAVS wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 5:04 pm
And it will be over $1000 most likely
Yeah, but if trends are anything to go by, they'll massively discount the phone in about 6-9 months. It's the same trend that LG phones experience...
Jan 28, 2014
544 posts
177 upvotes
SRG01 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 6:15 pm

Yeah, but if trends are anything to go by, they'll massively discount the phone in about 6-9 months. It's the same trend that LG phones experience...
You would think that they could just start with the sale price and more people would get these phones.

Koodo probably isn't even losing money selling these phones for 310 on the medium tab.
Jan 13, 2017
337 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
Coming from an Essential phone, headphone jack is not that important to me. But 2 days battery, triple camera set up, big oled screen, are what sold me. It also has none of the issue that my Essential suffers from.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
21035 posts
7030 upvotes
THEAVS wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 1:58 pm
Got any proof that Huawei has done anything wrong with their phones?
Not applicable to everyone, but no bootloader unlocks is wrong to me....
May 15, 2015
13 posts
1 upvote
Brampton, ON
Great Deal IMO
As many people just cancel the plan anyways lol
Nov 24, 2016
667 posts
647 upvotes
vicktnguyen wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 7:46 pm
Coming from an Essential phone, headphone jack is not that important to me. But 2 days battery, triple camera set up, big oled screen, are what sold me. It also has none of the issue that my Essential suffers from.
pretty much same story here but I liked the prompt updates. Huawei updates are pretty slow.
Jan 13, 2017
337 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
MastaOogway wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 9:02 pm
pretty much same story here but I liked the prompt updates. Huawei updates are pretty slow.
Yea Huawei update is certainly slower, but it works. My Essential phone is riddled with bugs after each update. The memory leak on it was so bad, I had to roll back to Oreo. And all the "well known" Essential bugs became more prevalent too like ghost touch, phantom touch, reception etc. Such a flawed design in an otherwise beautiful exterior.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3785 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
Got this phone on sale a few months ago and sold it after a week. Terrible phone with overrated camera. Awful video recording quality as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3096 posts
2520 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 1:04 am
Cold deal imo when BNIB was $310 couple days ago.
Unless you plan to borrow me your delorean, specially modified: crawl back under your bridge.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
8633 posts
2898 upvotes
Toronto
repatch wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 9:45 am
Unless you plan to borrow me your delorean, specially modified: crawl back under your bridge.
Sure I can lend u the delorean, not free though otherwise snooze u loose.
Koodo $40/8GB
Apr 25, 2012
848 posts
262 upvotes
I'm new to USB-C cable charging. Can someone please recommend car charging port and also cables for these? thanks so much!

what should I be looking for? are all these cables / voltage the same? I'm a noob at these things.
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Feb 28, 2008
786 posts
312 upvotes
Canada
demzie wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 9:59 pm
I'm new to USB-C cable charging. Can someone please recommend car charging port and also cables for these? thanks so much!

what should I be looking for? are all these cables / voltage the same? I'm a noob at these things.
Not all are the same. USB-C cables and chargers from popular brand Aukey are quite bad and actually burnt a laptop of a Google guy who tested these stuffs.

Look for those with USB-IF certification like Nekteck or Anker. Reasonable prices with top quality. Amazon Basics cables are good enough but usually flimsier,
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3182 posts
1349 upvotes
Halifax
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 7:57 pm
Not applicable to everyone, but no bootloader unlocks is wrong to me....
Yeah, I hope the politics enveloping Huawei makes them change their mind, to convince them to open up their boot loaders again.

I already have a LG G6, which is "good enough" So my next phone has to be better, which for me is the cameras, battery life, that the P20 offers. What keeps me away is the horrid software, wireless charging, and lack of headphone jack. A quick release battery, which no one offers, (LG G5 was as close as I ever saw, awful though), would send me over the moon.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6619 posts
5530 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
stevelam wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 9:30 am
Got this phone on sale a few months ago and sold it after a week. Terrible phone with overrated camera. Awful video recording quality as well.
One of the best cameras out there. Great phone. My guess is user error.